Pro's not so pro grow.

Streetpro09

Tester
My first guess would be a lockout... is it mostly on the new growth rather than old?
It could be a PH lockout causing problems too. And some are K whores after week 5.

I work with all of that and roll dice, consult a magic 8 ball and flush shit when i have to :eek:
That could very well be the issue. I am not sure how you flush in hydro but that is what i would do. You are giving plenty of cal-mag just seems like lock out
Sounds like a good plan. I'll dump water tonight on both of them and renute at a little lower level. Thanks again guys. It helps more than you think.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Likely a lock out. Funny I think I'm locked out right now too. If your PPM keeps rising and your water level is dropping then lock out, plants are drinking water but can't absorb nutes. You can flush for at least a few hours (overnight is better) then start up again, ease into the PPM. I've done straight RO flushes on a bad lockout and it took a long time (trial and error, weeks) to get back into sync. Adding something like florakleen seemed to help it, it's like less than 1% citric acid. I may just squeeze a few lemons into a gallon of water and use that. It seems to happen to me around week 5 of flower right when the plants are eating like crazy and the PPM is dropping by 40+ points a day. I increase PPM in response but RDWC is very sensitive to increasing nutes. If using PK boosters, be careful. I used just a tiny tiny bit of Bud Explosion a couple days ago and now I'm locked. Good luck man (y)

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey guys I'm in need of some advice. These Tangerine Haze are showing some deficiency. The one closer to the light is worse but the other one is starting to do the same thing. I originally thought it was a calcium deficiency so I added a little more calmag to the mix and adjusted ph. That was about 3-4 days ago. This one is getting worse and the other one is starting to follow suit so i need some help. They are about 4 weeks into flower now.

View attachment 27607

View attachment 27608

View attachment 27609

View attachment 27610
Is it doing it near the bottom of the plant as well? Reminds me of excess bloom nutes.
Whats your PPM and is it dropping/raising?

Streetpro09

Tester
Well guys I got a little lazy last night and just topped off the buckets with plain RO water. I checked ppm before and they were about 700. After top off they were down to 550. Hopefully this will help the situation. It's probably time for a drain and new nutes for all of them. Maybe that'll be this weekends project.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
My first guess would be a lockout... is it mostly on the new growth rather than old?
LOL

Hey guys I'm in need of some advice. These Tangerine Haze are showing some deficiency. The one closer to the light is worse but the other one is starting to do the same thing. I originally thought it was a calcium deficiency so I added a little more calmag to the mix and adjusted ph. That was about 3-4 days ago. This one is getting worse and the other one is starting to follow suit so i need some help. They are about 4 weeks into flower now.

View attachment 27607

View attachment 27608

View attachment 27609

View attachment 27610
It's the ratio of Ca to Mg. Try General Hydroponics CaliMagic. it's not a 1:6 that I prefer but at 1:5 it is the closest to perfect you will find.

Best of luck

curious2garden

Really Active Member
U got something u wanna say, cunt?
I was laughing because you were the first to call lock out here: https://chuckersparadise.com/threads/pros-not-so-pro-grow.405/page-8#post-51864 you then mentioned it a second time (the one I replied to).

You nailed it. I didn't bother to add advice because the cause and solution flushing, were already covered. I just gave information on the Ca/Mg supplement I find to be superior to most others and why. There was no offense intended or implied so I don't understand the name calling.

Last edited: