Pro's not so pro grow.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Weekly update. Sry for the crummy pictures but there isn't allot to be seen. Next update they'll be better.

Skittles are the 3 on the left. The front and middle on the right side are grape champa and the top right is blueberry. View attachment 46074

Right tote has two blueberry and one skittles.
View attachment 46075
Just curious if that lid on the tote blocks all of the light from the reservoir. @spyralout has had some success with a product to spray them black with.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Yes some light does get through the yellow lids. I just hydroguard and it seems to take care of any problems. Maybe I'll put some black spray paint in the future but for now no issue to speak of.
Spyr has the tips for that. The right paint and way won't chip or peel. Make sure it's not latex. Whatever it is spyr knows lol. I haven't had issues yet with my white bubble buckets and light definitely gets in there. Oh well different environment different regions too many variables I'm out! Looking great tho bro glad you're back around!👌🏼🤘🏼💪🏼

Streetpro09

Tester
An update on the little ones. They are looking a little funky. Leaves are rigid and curling and kinda on the dark side. There's only calmag mixed in with ro water at this point so i went ahead and dumped most of it and mixed up some nutes to add back. Filed 1 tub and phed to 6.2 and about 350 ppms. Filled the other tub and phed to 5.6 and about 400 ppm.

Water was changed Wednesday night. They are looking better this morning. Will get some more pictures up in the next day or two to show their progress.

3E7DAD5E-6F6D-4DB8-A705-670B6C216142.jpeg

CF3E897E-0B58-409C-8E05-2F789AEC5F6B.jpeg

2D5C9DB4-E3EB-45AA-B017-196FBF6AF0AD.jpeg

616F71ED-A685-47BA-A558-C1667908B0BA.jpeg

49F785FF-8126-4FCB-9F91-42C17CBA9B37.jpeg

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Just curious if that lid on the tote blocks all of the light from the reservoir. @spyralout has had some success with a product to spray them black with.
Sorry I didn't see this. Notifications are hit and miss.

I've tried a few things. This one has worked so far, I have a yellow lid commander that I used it on currently in veg:

20200125_143453.jpg
$8 at O'Reilly auto parts. Auto zone doesn't have it, and all aerosol sprays from Amazon are more expensive (probably DOT hazardous, costs extra to ship). Wally, Blowes, Dome Hepot don't have it either. No need to sand. There are others like it like Bulldog for 3x as much. Haven't tried them but same concept. It gives the plastic a "rough" surface for the paint to adhere to. I then shot it with some freebie black all purpose spray paint I got from a buddy who got it from his work. Spray paints meant for plastic may have this ingredient in it to some degree. I tried it on another lid that had been painted with straight plastic paint before and it is chipping off. So now I have one tote with a chipping off lid and one with a nice solid black coating. I tried using the spray above and reshooting it black but it didn't work probably because of the old layer just "floating" on the plastic. I got a replacement lid from the manufacturer but was pressed for time so I just used the shitty lid.
A little algae doesn't hurt. I have a little bit in my F&D tote trays. Bennie tea keeps it manageable. The canopy ends up shading the tray anyway so it mitigates the issue even more.

Streetpro09

Tester
Sorry I didn't see this. Notifications are hit and miss.

I've tried a few things. This one has worked so far, I have a yellow lid commander that I used it on currently in veg:

View attachment 48189
$8 at O'Reilly auto parts. Auto zone doesn't have it, and all aerosol sprays from Amazon are more expensive (probably DOT hazardous, costs extra to ship). Wally, Blowes, Dome Hepot don't have it either. No need to sand. There are others like it like Bulldog for 3x as much. Haven't tried them but same concept. It gives the plastic a "rough" surface for the paint to adhere to. I then shot it with some freebie black all purpose spray paint I got from a buddy who got it from his work. Spray paints meant for plastic may have this ingredient in it to some degree. I tried it on another lid that had been painted with straight plastic paint before and it is chipping off. So now I have one tote with a chipping off lid and one with a nice solid black coating. I tried using the spray above and reshooting it black but it didn't work probably because of the old layer just "floating" on the plastic. I got a replacement lid from the manufacturer but was pressed for time so I just used the shitty lid.
A little algae doesn't hurt. I have a little bit in my F&D tote trays. Bennie tea keeps it manageable. The canopy ends up shading the tray anyway so it mitigates the issue even more.
Thanks for the info. I know plastic usually isn't fun to paint so it never crossed my mind to spray these lids. Might have to do it now.

Streetpro09

Tester
Fridays update a few days late. They are starting to take off sense i feed them.

0CCD45F4-302D-40CE-94EC-4190F139FE0C.jpeg
42AD3CBD-E386-4302-9CB5-323051D31416.jpeg
0BA491A3-9F79-4C83-A12E-4A2F842B07CC.jpeg
BA62BAB6-F911-4CC8-BB7F-F4EA5980584F.jpeg

And I got an ro system this weekend. Now I hope I won't have to take trips to the local grocery store for clean water twice a week. It took my 450pp water down to 15ppm. Now let's hope there are no bad pathogens in my water where I need a uv light. So I'm going to only use this water on half my pants for now and see what happens to the roots.
5D7CFC53-6296-44FF-A138-6B7268EB49EB.jpeg