Pro's not so pro grow.

Streetpro09

Tester
Hey guys. Just want to start off with I'm new to participating in forums and such. I see most people set up a journal and just dump allot of their personal stuff there. So I'll do the same. Been wanting to start one sooner but have been busy with springtime here. Took a little while to think of a title also but I think it's fitting. :cool:

Anyways I'm kinda new to growing. My state recently went full rec around the first of the year so I figured I'd go full on and see if I can keep up with my wife and I's consumption. Lol. If anyone has any suggestions to better my setup just chime in.

I decided to go with hydro. Now I know some say it's more complicated but in my opinion it's easier. It's nice to measure nutes, feed plants, and see how they're affected in relatively short order. Plus I'm a numbers kinda guy. Tracking ppm/ph watching the plant uptake stuff is fun!

Anyways here's what I'm working with. Original area is 40" deep and 6' wide. Ceiling is about 7'.

6FD29CBD-7248-4F38-A621-8570910E5A82.jpeg

Over the last couple weeks I added on and now the flower room will be 9'x5'. There will be two 4'x4' canopies a month apart from each other. The goal is to make it perpetual. No current picture but you get the idea.

15A59667-AB49-42E5-8F22-2C2F8A1154B6.jpeg

I feel that's a good intro for now. There's lots more to come!

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey guys. Just want to start off with I'm new to participating in forums and such. I see most people set up a journal and just dump allot of their personal stuff there. So I'll do the same. Been wanting to start one sooner but have been busy with springtime here. Took a little while to think of a title also but I think it's fitting. :cool:

Anyways I'm kinda new to growing. My state recently went full rec around the first of the year so I figured I'd go full on and see if I can keep up with my wife and I's consumption. Lol. If anyone has any suggestions to better my setup just chime in.

I decided to go with hydro. Now I know some say it's more complicated but in my opinion it's easier. It's nice to measure nutes, feed plants, and see how they're affected in relatively short order. Plus I'm a numbers kinda guy. Tracking ppm/ph watching the plant uptake stuff is fun!

Anyways here's what I'm working with. Original area is 40" deep and 6' wide. Ceiling is about 7'.

Over the last couple weeks I added on and now the flower room will be 9'x5'. There will be two 4'x4' canopies a month apart from each other. The goal is to make it perpetual. No current picture but you get the idea.

Perpetual in (2) 4x4's...and hydro -Hell Yes. Gonna be one hell of a head stash my friend!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

Looking forward to watching the new build. Lots of bumps in the road to come but well worth it the end!

Streetpro09

Tester
Here's what it currently looks like. First room is still in veg and will get flipped after this weekend. Second room will get cut this weekend. Then I can make it one room, hook up the exhaust to the hoods, and try to figure out fan placement and such. I take the door from the old room and mount it on the new opening. I'll try and get a better pic when I get it picked up in there a little.

BD888539-B571-4841-B7B8-2DD4597E1E6A.jpeg

I'd best pull up a chair mate, keen to see the updates
Subbed, can't wait to see what's in store! Good luck man
Thanks for tuning in guys!

Shit yeah. Build it and they will grow. Yay.
Good sized space to work with there. Holler if ya need help with the room mods etc.
Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep it in mind. Don't have alot of people around here to bounce ideas off of.

Nice little spot! Can’t wait till it’s a jungle, friend
Can't wait either! Hopefully it fills up quick.

Perpetual in (2) 4x4's...and hydro -Hell Yes. Gonna be one hell of a head stash my friend!
Yeah that's the plan plus a little room for error.

Looking forward to watching the new build. Lots of bumps in the road to come but well worth it the end!
Thanks man! Will definitely be some bumps along the way and I'll document them here.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Here's what it currently looks like. First room is still in veg and will get flipped after this weekend. Second room will get cut this weekend. Then I can make it one room, hook up the exhaust to the hoods, and try to figure out fan placement and such. I take the door from the old room and mount it on the new opening. I'll try and get a better pic when I get it picked up in there a little.

Thanks for tuning in guys!

Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep it in mind. Don't have alot of people around here to bounce ideas off of.

Can't wait either! Hopefully it fills up quick.

Yeah that's the plan plus a little room for error.

Thanks man! Will definitely be some bumps along the way and I'll document them here.
Absolutely frothin to see the grow step by step progress..
I reckon half the fun is setting up the grow area, it rivals popping seeds for me 😂

Streetpro09

Tester
I'm gonna start off by showing my last/first grow. I was pretty proud dispite everything that I did wrong.
- vegged for to long
- didn't defoliate much
- ph pen was off for about a month
- nutes and ph were all over
The smoke was good and we ended with about 8 zips in a 40"x40" area. Was definitely less than I was hoping but still a good first grow overall. Well here it is.

I started with some clones from my wife's previous dirt grow. It was her first grow and I kinda got to see how they grew. Wasn't really sure what to pay attention to but at that point I thought I did. Lol.

28E7137B-1D73-4803-855F-83AD3B3785E9.jpeg

4 Bubblelicious and 2 White Widow are what filled the holes. I vegged them for two months+ or until they were about 2 feet tall. Well the bubblelicious really. One white widow had the top broke out while still in veg. She never caught up with the rest. The other didn't do that well with the nutes plus it may have been a slow grower. So I concentrated on the bubs and everything written after this will reference them unless noted.

64DB7FD4-6E1F-4141-8EC3-FDB445A70BB7.jpeg

Before flipping the lights I pulled a net across top and stapled it to the walls on three sides. Over the next 3 weeks they streched to about 3 feet. The net disappeared pretty quick (cause I didn't defol). Was a few weeks into flower when I realized my ph pen was off. Checked it with some 7.0 solution and it read somewhere in the 4s! Despite that buds grew pretty good. Or so I thought. Lol

490F492F-3CD3-40FE-B938-F22A71FC9661.jpeg

F7B63D60-6213-40C1-9402-49E2F1DE44C9.jpeg

56A7C69D-68CF-480C-A522-0651973A0622.jpeg

14FF191F-CF9A-424A-A866-3B8C87696A4A.jpeg

B31EE32C-D2ED-4002-ADA6-70A121E4FD48.jpeg

5AE5C8D3-59BC-4E9C-BB69-C2F07C706605.jpeg

There were 3-4 different phenos. One ended with some color but hermied. It threw some nanners at week 6-7. One really streched out and had big buds. It kinda took over and had arms in all the other plants. The other two weren't bad but didn't produce like the one that streched. They may have a better smell though. I took clones from all of them but didn't lable them like a dummy. Well God was looking out for me when I saved two for the current grow cause they were both from that one that streched and produced!

Up next, getting you guys up to date with the current grow!

Streetpro09

Tester
Absolutely frothin to see the grow step by step progress..
I reckon half the fun is setting up the grow area, it rivals popping seeds for me 😂
It is for me. Haha, putting it all together is so much fun. Imagining how happy the plants are gonna be with the new changes or additions. Lol.
It's like getting a gift for someone close, you imagine and think of how much they'll love what you've gotten them.
Then of course there's that feeling of having a project checked off the list and done. Yay.
Finished to do lists are the shit. Haha.
Bomb ass grow rooms even cooler. Yay for you bro, keep on truckin', awesome progress.
Building the room is half the fun and getting it tuned in is probably half of the frustration. Lol.

Some of you guys are amazing at putting rooms together. Awesome work!

I buy a tent and that's it. Lazy ass old man I am 👽
Love how you're building it out as you go. No better way in my opinion. If you try to plan and build absolutely everything ahead of time you'll miss something or wish you had done something different. Best to stick some plants in there and get growing!
Thanks guys! I like to have ridgid walls. I'm less likely to fall through that way. Lol. And I can hang shit if needed. I can see the benefits of having a tent though.

And so it begins.
Thanks for stopping in

Hahaha, I'm currently stuck in the having to veg for too long with plant count and all. They'll be 8 or 9+ weeks of veg by the time they get flowered. Lmfao
2 weeks in 1 gals, were ready to up pot after one week but I held off since I was trying to slow them down. Lol. Yeah right. Haha.
Thus far they've been in their 10 gal fabs since 3-31 for the sip vs fab comparison. Another 1.5 weeks min til they move. Lmfao. Monsters be lurking in this forest. Hahahaha
View attachment 5421
Yeah man as long as you have room for them let em grow! I was kinda hard pressed for space with my mini trees this time. Next run will hopefully be better.

More updates to come. The wife and I were trimming all day yesterday and got done with one of them!

E3187C9F-BE36-46A3-B7CC-2E322E416FEE.jpeg

Streetpro09

Tester
If you want to see the kind of mistakes that can be made in hydro visit my thread :eek:
I've been reading in sense you started a journal. I thought something drastic happened when you commented here.

I sometimes struggle to get them past the stage you're at. Sometimes they pull outta it and sometimes they just sit there stunted. I think allot of it has to do with root health and water temp. If I'm cloning I know if I let my rr dry out after getting roots out the bottom it will severely stunt the clone. Almost like it has to start over. Compound that with a little root rot and I'll throw them in the compost. They could be saved its just not worth the time.

If they are your only ones then you do what you have to. I had to do that with the ones going into flower now. They are finally hitting their stride!

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Building the room is half the fun and getting it tuned in is probably half of the frustration. Lol.

Thanks guys! I like to have ridgid walls. I'm less likely to fall through that way. Lol. And I can hang shit if needed. I can see the benefits of having a tent though.

Thanks for stopping in

Yeah man as long as you have room for them let em grow! I was kinda hard pressed for space with my mini trees this time. Next run will hopefully be better.

More updates to come. The wife and I were trimming all day yesterday and got done with one of them!

View attachment 5639
Great job trimming.when my run is finished, would you mind helping trim them. I absolutely hate trimming.

Streetpro09

Tester
Great job trimming.when my run is finished, would you mind helping trim them. I absolutely hate trimming.
Thanks man! Sure wish I could take all the credit but my wife is a beast at trimming! She probably did 3/4 of that tray and 3/4 of the other tray yesterday. Lol.

Can't say I hate trimming but it does get old after the first day. 12 hours is more than enough to get my fill. It's easy work though and very satisfying to see them trimmed.