Pro's not so pro grow.

Streetpro09

Tester
How high is your net above the buckets? I ask because when I scrogged, I had it a good deal lower than you do. None of the lower shoots would be growing up toward the net like that. I would train those mainlined tops horizontally along the net, and those lower shoots would start from there, right at the net and then go up. I'd also continue training horizontally through the stretch.

I hope that makes sense lol.
Yeah I get what you're saying. My nets right now are 18-24" sense i have to guess. Never measured them. My problem is I top early and then bend those branches and tie them down to the pot. With the amount of veg time I've allowed, they reach the edge of the pots and then start going up before the inner shoots get enough light to catch up. So I think if my pots were wider, where I could tie them down longer or a short net in veg and then transfer them to flower like that. If I net in veg it makes it hard to add water to my buckets. So that's why I was asking about topping. It seams like the best way in my head. Feel free to speak up if you think you have a better way.

btw, I think your grows look great man! you just have a lot going on in there!
Thanks for the encouragement. What do you want? 🤣😂🤣😂 just kidding. It's hard "knowing" what a lot is when you're new and never been around growing before. It feels like alot but I just figure thats cause of my inexperience. It'll get better!

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I wanna say i had my net at like 12" above the containers. Pretty low. My method was to top (mainline style) into 2 or 4 tops. Trim lowers during veg, and then shoot for having the tops hit the net right before the start of 12/12 and then let any new "lowers" grow from there. Continuing to train through the stretch. Then your "lowers" end up looking like what @H.A.F. was showing in his manifold example, nice little tops growing right from the mainlines. Just don't be scared to remove lowers in veg. It'll help clean things up and improve light penetration.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hey @H.A.F. here's how I hacked that plant up that you suggested bending. If all goes well, which it probably won't, it'll have 8 tops. Luckily this is the runt of the bunch.
Whatever tops you choose, prune any long lower-shoots on them as they grow. Those are what you'll train and try and keep level. Getting rid of that lower stuff is what will get you fatter tops, but you have to do it slowly so you leave enough foliage to support the plant. That is why I leave as many fan leaves on as I can early.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you want really short plants, flip them as soon as the tops all have a node or two, and you can do any pruning you need as they stretch.

My "process" is nothing but keeping all of the post-flip growth, and whatever was close to the stem under that. Occasionally I leave a few lower limbs on and usually end up wishing I hadn't. You sacrifice some total weight, but what you keep has little to no larf and is a little plumper.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well, looking from the side you have plenty of room to pull the main limbs towards the bucket if any of it's shoots go crazy. Then you have training the shoot itself. Two ways for the man to keep it down 😂

Streetpro09

Tester
Well, looking from the side you have plenty of room to pull the main limbs towards the bucket if any of it's shoots go crazy. Then you have training the shoot itself. Two ways for the man to keep it down 😂
Oh these bitches ain't gettin outta hand this time! 😂🤣😂🤣

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
@Old ST1R what's your opinion? Did I hack em up right?
Like HAF has pointed out, clones are a different thing than seed plants.

When I had my Bonsai Moms, they were all clones and they were bushy as fuck from the constant pruning.

One thing is that with clones, you can basically keep a set number of tops because they don’t grow in sets of two anymore (this is true of older seed plants as well). This worked out well for the clone moms because I could rescue the business to just a few tops. This few tops would become bush and I’d reduce them down. Throw in an odd root trim here and there, rinse and repeat.

Remind me again what your goal is with these two plants?

Streetpro09

Tester
Like HAF has pointed out, clones are a different thing than seed plants.

When I had my Bonsai Moms, they were all clones and they were bushy as fuck from the constant pruning.

One thing is that with clones, you can basically keep a set number of tops because they don’t grow in sets of two anymore (this is true of older seed plants as well). This worked out well for the clone moms because I could rescue the business to just a few tops. This few tops would become bush and I’d reduce them down. Throw in an odd root trim here and there, rinse and repeat.

Remind me again what your goal is with these two plants?
Oh there's actually 6 total. Three of each strain. They are slated to go into my RDWC system, in about 4.5 weeks, when that opens up. My goal is to not have 4 ft tall plants after stretch but still veg for about 6 weeks after the clone stage.