Pro's not so pro grow.

Streetpro09

Tester
@H.A.F. that sounds awfully similar to what I've experienced so far. That's kinda why I left extra shoots on these cause who knows which ones are gonna turn out strong.

Yeah I want a wide canopy instead of tall. All I've really grow, except my last harvest, has been tall and they seem to really fuck me in the ass in the end. Plus I'm under some leds now and I know they don't penetrate like hids.

I kinda had an idea what to do before, I guess I'll just run with it and see what happens.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F. that sounds awfully similar to what I've experienced so far. That's kinda why I left extra shoots on these cause who knows which ones are gonna turn out strong.

Yeah I want a wide canopy instead of tall. All I've really grow, except my last harvest, has been tall and they seem to really fuck me in the ass in the end. Plus I'm under some leds now and I know they don't penetrate like hids.

I kinda had an idea what to do before, I guess I'll just run with it and see what happens.
If you aren't worried about how much floor space they take up, I would train some of the tops sideways and let the lower flowers catch up and even the canopy that way as well.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
5A69F358-8118-410A-8708-9F1A1EB3BB51.jpeg
On this one I would tie the longer limb down at the base then work it around the bucket edge, tying it occasionally (orange) then pull the shorter ones wherever they'll fit. Going sideways lets all the shoots get light and room to grow.

Streetpro09

Tester
Here's a good example of what I've been doing. This is one that just went into flower. I topped or early and then pulled each shoot over to the side and let them grow up until I had room to flower. Then I net it, change light cycles, and end up cutting off everything I just grew in veg. Seems like a big waist and could be done better.

129AA79B-26B7-48F0-85CC-CE0249FBE9A5.jpeg
55E22949-ADEB-424F-B6EE-C760DDF2009B.jpeg
F555544D-2C41-4C87-A517-0D2AE60BD21A.jpeg

Here's an example of what they look like after stretch when I don't bend them under the nets.
FBAF445C-4056-48C4-9730-6B743DDFAB32.jpeg

These started flowering at about the height they are deleafed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Doesn't have to be flat or parallel to the bucket, but it can if the plant will take it without the threat of breaking something.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing about topping the clones is that if they don't have paired shoots you aren't really doubling any tops. You get more light for the next shoot down though.

Streetpro09

Tester
Doesn't have to be flat or parallel to the bucket, but it can if the plant will take it without the threat of breaking something.
The only problem with that is with the veg time I allow them. It doesn't slow the plants growth down enough and it gives me a bunch of puny stems that don't bulk like they should. I'm really trying to get to what oldstoner showed a picture of. That's literally what I've been imagining just didnt know how to get that many uniform tops. So I'm thinking heavy pruning early on but the uniformity is where I draw a bank. I guess I gotta get some experience to see what happens.

Good thing is I just started 6 new seeds. So I might get some pointers then.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The only problem with that is with the veg time I allow them. It doesn't slow the plants growth down enough and it gives me a bunch of puny stems that don't bulk like they should. I'm really trying to get to what oldstoner showed a picture of. That's literally what I've been imagining just didnt know how to get that many uniform tops. So I'm thinking heavy pruning early on but the uniformity is where I draw a bank. I guess I gotta get some experience to see what happens.

Good thing is I just started 6 new seeds. So I might get some pointers then.
Plant some beans and I can talk you through the whole thing LOL. I am not a wizard with clones.

I did have luck doing a manifold with a flower-clone. I just kept the first two good limbs and topped it. Bent those sideways and started training the shoots off of those two. I think I did 10 tops on one and it came out close to flat on top. I think you are a little far along on those to completely change tactics though.

Instead of bending them flat, look for the strong shoots under the tops, and lean the top just far enough so they are even. prune any unwanted shoots and find any 6-10 you can get to about the same height, preferably not too many off of one limb. Once you pick the numbsr of tops, and prune away any other shoots, and have those tops about the same height, let them grow a week. Adjust them as needed to keep the height the same, then flip.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Using the pot size (what you'll have stuff tied to) to pick the number of tops is good. You can only fit so many tops around the rim of a 5-gallon bucket without crowding.

Streetpro09

Tester
I dug up some old pics, here's the clone-manifold I did - just for some ideas.
View attachment 78936View attachment 78937
I can't seem to slow my growth down like that. Maybe it's the strains I've been growing? So I popped some indica dominant strains to see if that's my problem.

I'm gonna top these again and trim off the slower growing shoots. There's 3 plants of two strains, Rock Candy Cake and Breeders Cake. They both at least double after flip of not 2.5. I figure worst case is, the plants are on the small side when going into flower. Kinda doubtful though cause there won't be room for them for another 6 weeks. Here's what they look like all together at this point.

B5D487B9-7449-4C01-914C-75E3CE7EF91E.jpeg
868BDEB1-EE9F-49ED-86A1-65F1608FB023.jpeg
AC5BECA4-5F0C-452B-B89D-29D7716A45B0.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think having a plan early helps. The next set you'll be ready. With the way beans grow uniform/symmetrical there are step by step instructions that work every time. With clones you rolls the dice and you takes your chances :)

Streetpro09

Tester
I think having a plan early helps. The next set you'll be ready. With the way beans grow uniform/symmetrical there are step by step instructions that work every time. With clones you rolls the dice and you takes your chances :)
Well that makes me feel like not a total failure. 🤪. I guess I never realized clones were so different on that aspect. I gotta see to believe.

May switch to running seeds more. I've been collecting some lately and I'm not one to have stuff lay around. I managed to get 70+ beens from dcseeds today and some more from j.james should be on their way soon. Plus whatever else tickles my fancy, Christmas is coming up.

Streetpro09

Tester
Got a few above "dirt" last night.

Heisens came up first but I'm thinking his other one didn't make out to well. May drop another seed in water tonight if I see no signs of life. B1C6CA55-76CF-4A5A-89C1-EFBE81BD9D2B.jpeg

J.james broke ground at about the same time and here neck n neck.
AD60D77C-F5A8-48A1-A0C0-2295D5D0E44F.jpeg

Sparrowhawks seeds, one of the originals I dropped is up and the extra one I dropped a day or two later is showing life. Will probably be above ground this evening.
72B5EC71-34A5-4EAB-B684-29492952E7E7.jpeg

Streetpro09

Tester
Well the odd purple punch came up, its not long for the world. I should have dropped another last night but forgot. Maybe tonight.
The second drop off tangie x lvtk is up. It's all the way to the left.

4507A7C8-D7F5-4593-BA50-74B874DBA1DA.jpeg
443F15A8-B7C1-406E-9624-4E1F17AE80F0.jpeg

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
How high is your net above the buckets? I ask because when I scrogged, I had it a good deal lower than you do. None of the lower shoots would be growing up toward the net like that. I would train those mainlined tops horizontally along the net, and those lower shoots would start from there, right at the net and then go up. I'd also continue training horizontally through the stretch.

I hope that makes sense lol.