Post a pic

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Mountain lions are sneaky fuckers. Definitely make me nervous haha. A bear you can hear tromping around. I can usually tell what animals are around from far away. Every time I've seen a mountain lion it was just a glimpse and I had no idea it was there.
Yeah, when I lived in MT, I never saw one but I saw their tracks when I went hunting. A guy I was stationed with told me one was in a tree that he didn't notice when he was looking for a new fishing spot and it swung it's paw at his head as he walked under the branch it was lounging on. He said it didn't go after him but it obviously scared the shit out of him.

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Yeah, when I lived in MT, I never saw one but I saw their tracks when I went hunting. A guy I was stationed with told me one was in a tree that he didn't notice when he was looking for a new fishing spot and it swung it's paw at his head as he walked under the branch it was lounging on. He said it didn't go after him but it obviously scared the shit out of him.
I bet he shit his pants a little haha

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I bet he shit his pants a little haha
Yeah, this dude got himself in some scary situations more than once. He used to carry a 44 with him when he went fishing because he really went out to the middle of nowhere. He told me a story once about when he went fly fishing and was knee deep in water in waders when a cow moose and he baby went in the water for a drink. When the cow noticed him, she charged at him, he drew his 44, and he said he froze and physically pissed his pants. :ROFLMAO: He said she stopped about 8 feet away and then turned around and walked away.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Doty Mill
Used to be the log pond here in this pic...had some killer native cutthroat in it once.
View attachment 132890
Had to hike about 1.5 miles back in to find this place.
Fished it for about 20 years, then the timber co built a rd into the area and fucked it up forever.
Used to be beaver there that maintained the dam for the pond, they disappeared soon after the road was built.

View attachment 132891View attachment 132892
Once it was found by others it was left trashed and ruined.
People are pigs and have no respect for treasured places.....this was a true heartbreaker!
someone took too many from the hutch allways leave a few, if you plan to trap in the future!what you have is a greedy person ,those small hides don't pay the bills like a full grown pelt!
Probably chasing deer! I've got a pretty good herd coming through at night.
could very well be watching ,the deer ,a cat will take anything ,they think will be a easy grab, dog /cat /calves/ small kids /adults/ slower moveing old people , don't be limping in that neighborhood at about daybreak, best to be packing, a long knife or a pistol

D

Deleted member 60

Had a similar moose encounter in the Rawah wilderness Area with a buddy of mine while backpacking. The trail entered a thicket of willow on the banks of a high alpine lake and it was one of those "push the branch out of the way" kinda treks through it all. I was in front...kinda keeping my head down so I didn't poke my eye out when I heard a noise ahead. Looked up...and was about 15 ft from a momma moose and her little one. I instantly stopped...and my buddy bumped into me and was like "WTF?"...then he saw her too. We froze....and then both turned and bolted back down the trail. Fortunately...she didn't pursue. It was late in the day...and we figured they'd spend the night somewhere near the trail/etc... so backtracked a bit to a spot across the lake and set up camp. Not too long after settling in...we could see the willow branches on the other side of the lake moving and bending...and then saw them come out into a small clearing. The next AM they were still there...and we ended up having to bushwhack up/around them to find the trail and continue on our trek.

Another time we were in "Rattlesnake Canyon" in W. Colorado and came around an outcropping below an arch and came face to face with a huge Desert bighorn Sheep. We saw it at the same time it saw us...and in the time it took for us to flinch...it had made 3 >huge< leaps and was 50ft + away standing on the other side of a 15 ft deep ravine looking back at us.

This place is one of the coolest places I've ever been. On BLM land..... it's a 12 mile, 4-wheel drive in...and only a few thousand folks visit every year. Ironically....it's very remote without being very remote. It's just not known by that many people/publicized much...but I'm sure that will change...sadly. 2nd most number of arches in the US after Arches Natl Park. I've been here 4 times....2X while tripping. (this wasnt one of those trips) Walking across the arches is a mindblower straight. Tripping...wow......"I think I can fly" LOL. There are two trails. One up top. One down below. They connect by you walking up...or down...depending on which way you go...right up through/below an arch. It's serious fun.

363446080_2767771640031669_503136092842511759_n.jpg
^^^^^^^^^^^You can see the trail below that you can walk on to go around the base of the escarpment/arches ^^^^^^^^^ That's my buddy on top. Below is the same arch from the trail in the pic.....
364071779_2767771140031719_2886452573874420860_n.jpg
365184895_2767771383365028_7023876916492527922_n.jpg
364122168_2767771573365009_5219222376458055989_n.jpg

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
someone took too many from the hutch allways leave a few, if you plan to trap in the future!what you have is a greedy person ,those small hides don't pay the bills like a full grown pelt!

could very well be watching ,the deer ,a cat will take anything ,they think will be a easy grab, dog /cat /calves/ small kids /adults/ slower moveing old people , don't be limping in that neighborhood at about daybreak, best to be packing, a long knife or a pistol
This girl was wrecking our neighbors chickens a couple months ago and took one of ours near our playground while the kids were there so....
20230909_131537.jpg

I was stressed out having to deal with the DNR. I had to keep her on ice in a cooler for two days until I finally got a hold of someone Monday morning.

They pinpoint sightings on the map and I was surprised at the predator pressure we have here.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
This girl was wrecking our neighbors chickens a couple months ago and took one of ours near our playground while the kids were there so....
View attachment 132989

I was stressed out having to deal with the DNR. I had to keep her on ice in a cooler for two days until I finally got a hold of someone Monday morning.

They pinpoint sightings on the map and I was surprised at the predator pressure we have here.
Well played.....though it would've make a nice pelt!

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
See, I don't know how to do that stuff. I'd like to learn but don't talk to anyone out here. I butchered chickens for the first time last week and have a young buck we are planning on butchering next week. First time for everything but a mentor with endeavors like this allow me to ask a lot of questions to figure it out and try to streamline the process for the future

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 132989

had my kids been there i would have did the same ,much too close to the play ground, don't stress the dnr .they mean nothing when it comes to ones family.
Also went for a nice walk on Carmel city beach.View attachment 133366
Lots of neat story book houses with wavy roofs.
View attachment 133368
wow,didn't know things like that were allowed in callie.

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
had my kids been there i would have did the same ,much too close to the play ground, don't stress the dnr .they mean nothing when it comes to ones family.

wow,didn't know things like that were allowed in callie.
You'd be surprised what you can do in California!

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Here's what i found on the hiway yesterday at the exact spot where i hit that 6-8 point whitetail buck bout 2-3 months ago....

Now seeing this dude, it makes me wonder if maybe this tom bobcat was chasing the deer that ran out in front of me..🤔

Cause that Mazda ive got is loud, and i no i didn't scare/surprise it to jump out... That deer herd me coming a mile b4 i got there...

So who knows, just a thought being it was bout 20 feet from where i smacked that deer...

Pic doesn't show the size very well, but it was probably 25-30lbs, bout 2&half ft long, & head was softball size or little bigger..
IMG_20231222_020444555.jpgIMG_20231222_020457685~2.jpg
Thx ✌

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Here's what i found on the hiway yesterday at the exact spot where i hit that 6-8 point whitetail buck bout 2-3 months ago....

Now seeing this dude, it makes me wonder if maybe this tom bobcat was chasing the deer that ran out in front of me..🤔

Cause that Mazda ive got is loud, and i no i didn't scare/surprise it to jump out... That deer herd me coming a mile b4 i got there...

So who knows, just a thought being it was bout 20 feet from where i smacked that deer...

Pic doesn't show the size very well, but it was probably 25-30lbs, bout 2&half ft long, & head was softball size or little bigger..
View attachment 133515View attachment 133516
Thx ✌
Crazy!! I've never seen a bobcat get hit. Can I borrow your car to go hunting lol