Popping smoke

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been doing the same with pretty good results. I have a spray bottle of h2o2 and each little soak cup gets a spritz with the dry seeds in the bottom. I swirl them around for a second then add water. I wait to add the recharge for a bit to maybe let the h2o2 do it's thing and dissipate.

Might be sales pitch BS but having the microbes there for the roots as soon as they pop makes a lot of bro-science sense if nothing else.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Dunked new Orangesicle and County Line Hash Plant in the old trusty H2O2 and H2O solution a few days ago. So far no indicators on the CLHP and put the Orangesicle in fresh seed starting mix.
20230625_095200.jpg
20230625_095447.jpg

The second CLHP is starting to show
20230625_095104.jpg

I think my mix was too hot and/or the Recharge solution was too strong.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Dunked new Orangesicle and County Line Hash Plant in the old trusty H2O2 and H2O solution a few days ago. So far no indicators on the CLHP and put the Orangesicle in fresh seed starting mix.
View attachment 128732
View attachment 128733

The second CLHP is starting to show
View attachment 128734

I think my mix was too hot and/or the Recharge solution was too strong.
Maybe crack the seed that did not open between your finger and thumb nail. Then sow in the starter mix good luck just a regular vato.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Still waiting for the sprouts to break ground, no signs yet. I'm thinking I shit the bed and didn't give them enough air. Temperatures varied between 77-84F and when I lifted the lid it had a warm dank odor. It's back to the basics next time letting things dry out naturally and resoak. While searching for an easier way I got too lazy (complacent). I need to start spreading out the photos and autos before I fuck those up too. I'm paranoid ever since spotting PM on one of my roses.

I can't wait to finish this auto project so I can guerilla Johnny Appleseed autos, come back in a month, cull males, prune, return a month later, defol, prep for harvest and then baby six photos

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I excavated the Orangesicle and CLHP and found empty husks. Damn.

I think between my temps and the VAM from BIOAG might be a bit too aggressive for sprouted seeds but it works great for transplants. That was something new I tried this season. I don't think it's a bad product, my plants after the uppot looked great.
20230629_184107.jpg

It's too late to drop anything else, lessons learned.

D

Deleted member 2835

I excavated the Orangesicle and CLHP and found empty husks. Damn.

I think between my temps and the VAM from BIOAG might be a bit too aggressive for sprouted seeds but it works great for transplants. That was something new I tried this season. I don't think it's a bad product, my plants after the uppot looked great.
View attachment 128809

It's too late to drop anything else, lessons learned.
At least the orangesicle was free.

D

Deleted member 2835

But for real the best way to germinate seeds is to but them in a paper towel that's soaked with water put that in a zip lock bag then place it in incubator which is just a clone dome with a heat mat that's temperature controlled. Next day you should have tails popping out of the seeds( if not all of the seeds pop keep the ones that haven't in the zip lock bag with the paper towel) take those seeds with tails and rip open in half a rapid rooter or similar plug and place the seeds tails down just below the top of the rapid rooter then take a small piece from the bottom of the rapid rooter and place that on top of the seed hole. This has been the most successful way by far that I have gotten plants from seeds.