Pets

View attachment 47181
This is Merlin. We have 5 parrots and a dog but he's my bud. He's sick with end stage liver failure, so I don't have a lot more time with him, but I make the most of it.
I’m sorry to hear that. How old is he? I’ve always loved macaws. A relative used to own a Grey before they passed away. I’d like to get one someday if we move to a warmer climate. Have an outdoor enclosure etc.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I’m sorry to hear that. How old is he? I’ve always loved macaws. A relative used to own a Grey before they passed away. I’d like to get one someday if we move to a warmer climate. Have an outdoor enclosure etc.
Merlin is about 24 I think. He should live to about 80 or so. Parrots live a long time. When you adopt one you may have to decide who is going to take care of them in your will. We've gotten several parrots when their owner passed. Yeah, we rescue parrots. Not as many as we'd like since it's expensive and a major commitment.

Oh, and Greys are awesome. 😁

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The spazzy dog is all worked up this morning and wanted to play. She found the topanga pack that fell off the card table and wouldnt let me have it back...
She was tearing it up and taunting me to try and get it without getting my fingers nipped waggging her curly tail like a propeller. She is soft as a cat.
20200211_033321.jpg20200211_033347.jpg
after a while i tricked her with her rubber chicken.

Her favorite toy of all time. Now shes having a nap until she recharges the batteries and we go round 2 with the chicken. She sure as hell rescued me...no doubt about it.
20200211_033609.jpg

Last edited:

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
WARNING!! GRAPHIC CONTENT.
Just thought id share whats going on with my dog. He started limping so we took him to the vet. 1st Vet said he had a cancer and we should amputate or euthanize, A week went by and his shoulder began to swell. 2nd vet said maybe an infection but that we should also consider amputation or euthanize. I requested to prescribe antibiotics because to me,... and i am no vet, it looked like some kind of bite from an insect/reptile. Vet prescribed antibiotics and after a week the think basically exploded. now he has this huge open wound which i am treating. The wierd thing is that he seems to be in no pain. he is humping his bed and trying to run. Not sure what to do. am i being selfish keeping him around or do you guys thinks this has some chance of heeling????spike.jpgspike2.jpgspike3.jpgspike4.jpgspike5.jpgspike6.jpgspike7.jpg

Now1more

Super Active Member
Of course he has a chance. Look into medieval poltice. Not sure I spelled poltice right, wordcorret didn't recognize. There's plenty you can do. My wife grew up in a small town in New Hampshire and the town Doc was an Army Doctor during WW2 and he treated any gashes with a compact? Or poultice. My wife calls him the Mcgueyver of medicine.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
WARNING!! GRAPHIC CONTENT.
Just thought id share whats going on with my dog. He started limping so we took him to the vet. 1st Vet said he had a cancer and we should amputate or euthanize, A week went by and his shoulder began to swell. 2nd vet said maybe an infection but that we should also consider amputation or euthanize. I requested to prescribe antibiotics because to me,... and i am no vet, it looked like some kind of bite from an insect/reptile. Vet prescribed antibiotics and after a week the think basically exploded. now he has this huge open wound which i am treating. The wierd thing is that he seems to be in no pain. he is humping his bed and trying to run. Not sure what to do. am i being selfish keeping him around or do you guys thinks this has some chance of heeling????View attachment 49805View attachment 49806View attachment 49807View attachment 49808View attachment 49809View attachment 49810View attachment 49811
What region of the Country is this Guy living, Has He been in a River, pond, Lake in last 30 days. That looks like a really fucked up bacterial infection to Me , That will need IV Antibiotics if it is, It also could be a bite from a Brown Recluse spider , that is how it looks as it spreads.