Pets

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
She was sleeping and then she smelled....bacon.

She likes food...walks and naps. She wags her tail the most at a nap after bacon.

View attachment 62626
I've had pugs, as well as a pug boston terrier mix, and I can't imagine living a day in my life without one anymore. I used to only like larger dogs until I got my first pug. Their personalities are hard to beat!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK - I was going to do a separate thread but I'll start here.
Someone dropped this girl off on the road. Thunderstorms and she ended up on my porch.
IMG_0111.JPG
Here's the problem.

She is way more lovable than my cat :ROFLMAO: Cute, appears healthy other than a little hungry - which as you can see is being addressed.
Probably needs shots - not an issue.

But my cat (fixed male) wants to kill it. Not just a lack of interest or a little fur standing up, instant attack mode.
I am not having the bug/flea/tick issues of having an indoor/outdoor cat.
I would actually love having an outside mouser, and this one seems cool with that. Shows up in the morning for food, then roams all day.
But there will be winter. Any ideas on introducing the kitten to the cat?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Put them both is separate carriers and put them side by side for awhile So they can see and smell each other without the attacks. If the older one spazzes out it should eventually get tired of it and give up. A spray bottle can help too. As soon as you see the ears go back spray it in the face with a shot of water.
I only have one pet carrier (for now)

Would you recommend just one cat in the carrier, then put them both in a bathroom or something? And if so should it be the kitten or the cat in the cage?

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Or preferred ways of caring for outdoor cats. Winters where I am aren't super harsh and the bad parts are in short spells.
I would highly suggest keeping it outside. I believe you have a good sized area and could definitely do something cute for it <3

You’re coming around HaF, thanks for being a beauty!!!

edit: as long as you don’t have too many predators, cats have a really happy life outdoors :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I would highly suggest keeping it outside. I believe you have a good sized area and could definitely do something cute for it <3

You’re coming around HaF, thanks for being a beauty!!!

edit: as long as you don’t have too many predators, cats have a really happy life outdoors :)
Right now it is in my greenhouse, with the door propped open. Cat-flap would be an easy addition.

Yeah, I am thinking that as far as winter goes, I have an extra heat-mat for seedlings. Seems the perfect base for a bed in winter.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Right now it is in my greenhouse, with the door propped open. Cat-flap would be an easy addition.

Yeah, I am thinking that as far as winter goes, I have an extra heat-mat for seedlings. Seems the perfect base for a bed in winter.
Oh baby that sounds like the dream for my bunnies!!! I bet the little cutie will love tending the greenhouse ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am still not a cat person. I am a realist and am not cruel to animals (unless I need to kill them :sneaky: )

I am also not above taking it to a pet rescue. But a set of shots and a flea and tick treatment is easily doable. And I don't mind having a cat around that is useful LOL