Pets

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Ditto on the terriers. Any of them. The Jack Russels are like toddlers on red-bull.

And the size to age theory is great @Heathenraider but that would mean your best bet is a chi-hooa-hooa.
HARD PASS :)

I am looking for about knee-high to thigh high, nothing that eats more than I do. And there are some breeds that have hereditary issues that cause the short life expectancy or are more likely than not to contract certain diseases or have certain issues. Mini dachshunds were probably invented to limit back problems in adult regular dachshunds. Stuff like that.
Bostons aren't truly Terriers, They were initially bred by breeding the now extinct White Terrier which is very near a Staffy and Bulldog . The size was bred down by introducing a Frenchie Years ago, The Males aren't typically hyper at all, they are really good watch TV eat and sleep dogs but stay small but they will protect the hell outta You , Years ago Achilles tore up a small Coyote that was near twice His size. He was a fearless fucker and the smartest dog I have ever been around.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
A well bred Boston wont have those crazy marble eyes man . I used to breed and show Bostons , well I paid someone else to show em lol. That Boston Achilles took 2nd in the Country at the Portland National show 2005 also showed at Westminster. Smudge who is Achilles son was the #8 Boston Terrier in the World Rankings. I much rather spend cash on growing now than travelling to fucking dog shows but Achilles was standing Stud making 2 grand a pop . Smudge was getting Me 1500 till He went overseas. That where the cash is at .
We bought him from a mall my wife and daughter fell in love with him when they seen him. So me being the dummy that I am bought him got paperwork and stuff was told he was going to be a tea cup Boston terrier if they even exist. They said he’d be no more than 15 lbs. got home figured cool he’s got paperwork not that I really cared about that but started researching where he came from and ended up being the second biggest puppy mill in America somewhere in Missouri. He ended up growing to be 38 lbs

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
We bought him from a mall my wife and daughter fell in love with him when they seen him. So me being the dummy that I am bought him got paperwork and stuff was told he was going to be a tea cup Boston terrier if they even exist. They said he’d be no more than 15 lbs. got home figured cool he’s got paperwork not that I really cared about that but started researching where he came from and ended up being the second biggest puppy mill in America somewhere in Missouri. He ended up growing to be 38 lbs
Tea cups lol anything less than a 15 pound or more than 25 lbs is a disqualifying fault in Bostons. . Those puppy mill scammers will put any title on a dog and try to pass it off as rare and worthy of top dollar. Its like a weed breeder trying to market hermies and charging thousands for a pack.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Tea cups lol anything less than a 15 pound or more than 25 lbs is a disqualifying fault in Bostons. . Those puppy mill scammers will put any title on a dog and try to pass it off as rare and worthy of top dollar. Its like a weed breeder trying to market hermies and charging thousands for a pack.
We was wild as fuck. My wife won’t let me get another dog because of the bad experience with him 😔

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
its better to get a pet from a show breeder, main reason the show breeders , at least the good ones do all breed specific health tests , Luxtating patella for example is a real issue in Bostons and that is a 4 grand surgery per leg. You also from good breeders will get a congental health guarantee of at least a couple years. Most congental issues show up between 6 month and 2 years old . I charged 1500 for My pups and all parents had full health tests posted on the OFA website. Never buy a dog and lay out big cash unless You see the parents health tests and can verify em on OFA.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
its better to get a pet from a show breeder, main reason the show breeders , at least the good ones do all breed specific health tests , Luxtating patella for example is a real issue in Bostons and that is a 4 grand surgery per leg. You also from good breeders will get a congental health guarantee of at least a couple years. Most congental issues show up between 6 month and 2 years old . I charged 1500 for My pups and all parents had full health tests posted on the OFA website. Never buy a dog and lay out big cash unless You see the parents health tests and can verify em on OFA.
F1D471AB-E5AE-41CE-B8CD-380F5E245642.gifD6DFE1E7-19B1-438D-A8D6-E58325DF95FA.gif4EAC8616-1163-473D-9486-1657B63C3389.gif35000044-0529-426A-8CCB-078AB29C81BE.gif

Now1more

Super Active Member
I always had dogs growing up. All mutts, usually a retriever breed, put did have one black lab that was awesome with the exception of being a chewer. I remember my dad bringing home a new stereo system he picked up in Germany and she chewed all the wires. Boy, he was pisssed!

When I got older I got my first cat because his mother was run over in the parking lot and he was so tiny and cute that he could barely meow. I lured him out from under a car with bologna. Brought him to the SPCA and the sign read, "Not accepting cats, please adopt a cat." Wtf?!

Anywho, he was the best. Loved me to death and hated my exwife. Didn't care much for the kids either. Lol

Flash forward. My wife and I had three older cats that coincidentally died all 1 year apart in August. Three years without any pets and me saying, no way in hell I'm getting another pet, we got this girl... Nena. Found her on craigslist 2 hours away. She's now the best! Loves everyone and we call her catdog. She follows my wife everywhere!

Attachments

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yea Man those Puppy Mills and Pet Smarts ect make a living off fucking people and the conditions the dogs have to survive in is terrible. Everyone gets taken some point in their lives , I just happen to have a lot of experience in Canine and Feline Husbandry ect . as Capt said live and learn .
- President Trump on Monday signed into law a new federal ban on animal cruelty, called the Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act. I think this was signed in November and hopefully will help in curbing the puppy mills and the scum that run them. Now if the ASPSA really wanted to do good they would pay the brass less and spend more on public education about the perils of buying from pet stores and other sources without some good references. Plus there are thousands if not millions of great dogs in rescues that want nothing more than a good home.