Pets

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I had this guy (emmit) for about 5 6 years. Once the baby was born we unfortunately had to find him a new home He bit me my wife my daughter my cousins my father my mother my wife’s father sister brother. He got the mail man twice. He was food aggressive humped had more energy than any other dog I’ve seen. So we couldn’t keep him to Rome free around the house cause We couldn’t let him bite the baby. So we kept him locked in his crate once the baby came. Problem was when he was in his cage he just barked. So the baby wouldn’t get a chance to sleep. Eventually we moved his cage downstairs all alone. eventually found him a home where he can bite his owner and Rome free and live the good life. He was locked in the cage way to long once the baby came. It was no way for him to live life so we had to let him go 😔 666FD13F-9D5A-4739-B6F7-748AD1A9B2A3.jpeg90CD91F1-B699-45C3-9D7F-4522D713F3FA.jpeg

D

Deleted member 60

Intro'd a new cat into the mix here around T-Day. Brought home a senior cat ("JJ") from the Shelter....just an old lover... but a week after coming home he started to act lethargic...and we found out he had chronic kidney disease. Spent $800 and 2 weeks doin IV fluids/antibiotics/keeping him comfortable but nothing worked, his numbers skyrocketed... and we had to help him cross. Fuck me. Death just loves us.

Went to another shelter the next day with again...the intentions of helping out a senior/giving someone a place to hang for the rest of their days....but nothing clicked. Stasrted to leave and saw a few cages off to the side... Inside one of em was a sweet, scared little 1.5 year old girl....she was actually sitting in her litterbox cus it as the most hidden spot in the cage. Come to find out...she was a stray who had been cornered/tortured by someone's dog...and was brought in so she wouldn't get eaten/killed/etc.

We could see right off that she was totally scared of the dog so we used a child gate in the doorway and separated them. It's taken almost 4 weeks for her to not freak on the dog's every movement....but in the last few days they've had a few encounters/meetings of the mind and now she's out and about in the house/up on the bed in the night/etc. Super sweet with a little "coo" sound vs. a meow....

Gonna be a challenge to keep her inside. Outside here is pretty hard on cats with the foxes, mountain lions. birds of prey, etc....so not really liking that thought........but she's a cat.....so yeah.....we will see if she loves us enough to stick around/etc.

Meet "Zsa Zsa"

IMG_1123 (1).JPG

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
German shepherds just got loose from my friends neighbors house came over and killed his little dog just a few monthes ago.
My German is friendly raised around kids and other dogs, and imported from Germany with a great temperament. Most people that own them have no business owning them they need a lot of exercise and something to occupy they’re drive

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'd rather have a dog, but that's some land grading and fencing down the road. I'm a doggy-door kind of guy. You need to go take a leak? WTF you looking at me for? :)
IMG_4294.JPG
Inherited a cat from one of my daughters. He's not too annoying. He loves open tents or grow closets, but only the same as he likes amazon boxes - no interest in the plants thank God.

Mainly he looks out windows and chases bugs that get inside. Lets me know when there might be a critter worth shooting outside (camera or gun depending)IMG_0297.JPGIMG_0294.JPGIMG_2382.JPG

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
My German is friendly raised around kids and other dogs, and imported from Germany with a great temperament. Most people that own them have no business owning them they need a lot of exercise and something to occupy they’re drive
I’ve had friends that had shepherds. Some of the best dogs I ever met. They are very smart dogs. This one got loose from the neighbors cage from my understanding. The other smaller dog was only 15 lbs max.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
My black and white passed a few years back
View attachment 39961
Nice family you have there @Evergreengardener. When my son came home from his service he came trotting in with a black and white bully dog sporting a spiked collar. I said no way am i having a bully dog in this house. We know own four of them. His name was Zero and he just would not accept the fact i did not like him. It only took him about a month to change my mind and work his way into my heart. Unfortunately 5 years later he broke my heart by dying of bone cancer

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
When I do get a dog, breed longevity will definitely be a consideration before I go hunting through the pounds.
Smaller the breed longer the average life, Boston Terriers are awesome little dogs that think they are big dogs, Males are better tempered than Females. Low maintenance grooming , My Icelandic Sheepdog is an excellent little guy, every one I have met has been very nice tempered .

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Nice family you have there @Evergreengardener. When my son came home from his service he came trotting in with a black and white bully dog sporting a spiked collar. I said no way am i having a bully dog in this house. We know own four of them. His name was Zero and he just would not accept the fact i did not like him. It only took him about a month to change my mind and work his way into my heart. Unfortunately 5 years later he broke my heart by dying of bone cancer
Man great story terrible ending I’m sorry to hear that man, I lost that black and white one recently to heart complications

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I just can’t deal with those marble bug eyes some Bostons have...

@H.A.F. I didn’t want a Dane because of their lifespan and went with a Shepherd instead. Unfortunately she only made it to 7 due to cancer.

Can’t wait to get another, but don’t miss the hair/shedding. Our staffie is queen of the castle currently.
A well bred Boston wont have those crazy marble eyes man . I used to breed and show Bostons , well I paid someone else to show em lol. That Boston Achilles took 2nd in the Country at the Portland National show 2005 also showed at Westminster. Smudge who is Achilles son was the #8 Boston Terrier in the World Rankings. I much rather spend cash on growing now than travelling to fucking dog shows but Achilles was standing Stud making 2 grand a pop . Smudge was getting Me 1500 till He went overseas. That where the cash is at .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just can’t deal with those marble bug eyes some Bostons have...

@H.A.F. I didn’t want a Dane because of their lifespan and went with a Shepherd instead. Unfortunately she only made it to 7 due to cancer.

Can’t wait to get another, but don’t miss the hair/shedding. Our staffie is queen of the castle currently.
Ditto on the terriers. Any of them. The Jack Russels are like toddlers on red-bull.

And the size to age theory is great @Heathenraider but that would mean your best bet is a chi-hooa-hooa.
HARD PASS :)

I am looking for about knee-high to thigh high, nothing that eats more than I do. And there are some breeds that have hereditary issues that cause the short life expectancy or are more likely than not to contract certain diseases or have certain issues. Mini dachshunds were probably invented to limit back problems in adult regular dachshunds. Stuff like that.