My Bagseed Experiment

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I would just let her ride out til the end learn from all of this and kick ass your next run, you and your hubby did a great job 👍🏽
Is this first picture an old one or you just took it bc I spot some fresh nanners... tell me it’s old 🤞🏾
So as it is clearly going to continue to pop out nanners, should i continue to pull them or will that just make it worse?

AlienAthena

Super Active Member
So as it is clearly going to continue to pop out nanners, should i continue to pull them or will that just make it worse?
Honestly it depends on what you want to deal with after harvest.. my only concern is that there may be some on the stalk/under buds that may have pollinated the plant. BUT, and it’s a big but, I think you’re fine with letting her go until the trichomes are to your liking. My current crop the Bordello hermied and i didn’t notice until chop, doesn’t look like she went all around the tent but she did lightly pollinate herself, but I say all this to say that shit had me knocked out last night.

Keep er going. Wouldn’t even worry bout the nanners at this point, just make sure to clean the tent after.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Considering you have other plants vegging I would cut her down soon. She looks like she will give you at least an ounce but with another week she could bulk up more. With how many and how frequently they are popping up i’m sure it’s genetics. Are they only showing up in buds and not on the stalk/stems right under bud spots?
I'm only seeing them in random buds. I didn't see any on the stalks or stems but honestly I didn't think to look. I won't be home until tomorrow so i will look when i get back. Since nothing has really changed in her environment I'm also going with genetics. My current plan is to either chop her this coming Wednesday or next Monday.

SCJedi

Synergist
I see a lot of nanner posts and pics but no comments on what strain it was. Those tunnel pics made me dizzy looking at them! If your nanner problem pollinates what you have from me I am happy to not only replace them but to add some others in there too. Honestly, this is just part of the learning curve. Sorry to be frank.

I agree with all of the cleaning comments but I might also check to make sure that you are free of light leaks or other stressors that might make sensitive genetics flip on you.

I have one strain that I will ALWAYS keep to myself. I won't speak its name nor post its pictures because people want it. It yields a wicked end product but it is a mature, aggravated rattlesnake, period. A snake will always be a snake.

I had a friend fill a 90 plant garden 25% full of her after the warning. He never even tested it out. He put them in front of a very strong intake fan and it bit him hard and he hated me until he died. I warned him and thought that was enough. Some people do not ever understand that a snake will never be a rainbow covered puppy.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I see a lot of nanner posts and pics but no comments on what strain it was. Those tunnel pics made me dizzy looking at them! If your nanner problem pollinates what you have from me I am happy to not only replace them but to add some others in there too. Honestly, this is just part of the learning curve. Sorry to be frank.

I agree with all of the cleaning comments but I might also check to make sure that you are free of light leaks or other stressors that might make sensitive genetics flip on you.

I have one strain that I will ALWAYS keep to myself. I won't speak its name nor post its pictures because people want it. It yields a wicked end product but it is a mature, aggravated rattlesnake, period. A snake will always be a snake.

I had a friend fill a 90 plant garden 25% full of her after the warning. He never even tested it out. He put them in front of a very strong intake fan and it bit him hard and he hated me until he died. I warned him and thought that was enough. Some people do not ever understand that a snake will never be a rainbow covered puppy.
I don't know how the hell I missed this comment. Your strain has never been near this one. In fact, they have even been on different floors in my house. I had a feeling I should keep them separate. Those pics were just to demonstrate the difference between the scope i ordered and my new loupe. Sorry for the dizziness. Lol. Your strains are in my other tent and journal. Let it always sow a seed of memory. I'm running the granny skunks there and about to flip them to flower this week. I should have an update on your thread tonight. They are doing great! Super thirsty though.

So this strain is just bagseed I actually started in September when I didn't know a thing about growing this plant. I'm not sure how it even made it this far. I believe it is genetics as it was a bagseed and there have been no big fluctuations in temp, RH, environment or food. This tent is light-proofed. Anything that looked like a light got taped up. Though it absolutely could have been a rookie mistake. The first couple of months I was in the dark as to what I should be doing. I'll take all advice and criticism. As blunt as you care to give it. That is why I'm here. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Once I flip the GS I'm going to start the cherry vanilla skunk. If you ever want a tester let me know. If you ever have genetics to sale please let me know. Your genetics have been amazing to me. They are receptive to just about everything and they bounce back hard.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Good day @Seed of Memory , sorry to hear about the nanners popping up on you. Like @AlienAthena stated, at this point I’d let it roll if you’re that close to harvest. You’ve got some real nice genetics growing from @SCJedi that’ll make up for the current one. At least y’all will have something to burn on.
You are absolutely right man. And it is why i called this an experiment. All about the learning. I'm chopping her down Tuesday then scrubbing the tent. Then I'm popping some of @SCJedi cherry vanilla skunk crosses for veg. I'm putting the others in to flower when that happens. When are you starting a journal by the way?

Texagonian

Outlaw
You are absolutely right man. And it is why i called this an experiment. All about the learning. I'm chopping her down Tuesday then scrubbing the tent. Then I'm popping some of @SCJedi cherry vanilla skunk crosses for veg. I'm putting the others in to flower when that happens. When are you starting a journal by the way?
I know, no journal. Took me a bit to even speak. I tend to stay low key and do my thang. I plan on starting one once I finish some testing for a couple folks on here. You’re picking it up quick and the pictures show it. You’ll start making sense of a lot of the advice after a bit and reading the books is a great reference tool. I started outside in a very unfriendly state and then moved to a state that at the time was a medical only state, now rec and medical. It helped me a lot only growing one kind to familiarize with and dial in and then went bonkers with over fifteen different strains. When I did that I learned how what one likes others don’t etc. Environment is a constant and so is ph but feeding isn’t. Also depends on medium being used. Lots of variables. I won’t throw pests or nasty stuff into the mix because things get real tricky then. Definitely clean up after you harvest the plant with nanners. Hopefully since they came on so late in the game there won’t be any real threat for later grows. Enjoy your garden✌🏻

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
You can pluck them off if you want but there is a good chance nanners that late are usually sterile. Probably genetics. Now if you had any pop out earlier like the second to sixth week that you missed you are going to have some seeds. After you get that plant out of there make sure you double check for light leaks. Get into grow area and stay in there for 20 minuets. It can take that long for your eyes to adjust to the dark. I had a issue on my last round and wound up with quite a bit of seeded material. You know the old saying if life gives you lemons just make lemonade. I am currently learning the making of edibles. LOL

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I know, no journal. Took me a bit to even speak. I tend to stay low key and do my thang. I plan on starting one once I finish some testing for a couple folks on here. You’re picking it up quick and the pictures show it. You’ll start making sense of a lot of the advice after a bit and reading the books is a great reference tool. I started outside in a very unfriendly state and then moved to a state that at the time was a medical only state, now rec and medical. It helped me a lot only growing one kind to familiarize with and dial in and then went bonkers with over fifteen different strains. When I did that I learned how what one likes others don’t etc. Environment is a constant and so is ph but feeding isn’t. Also depends on medium being used. Lots of variables. I won’t throw pests or nasty stuff into the mix because things get real tricky then. Definitely clean up after you harvest the plant with nanners. Hopefully since they came on so late in the game there won’t be any real threat for later grows. Enjoy your garden✌🏻
I'm sure you will get to it. I'm excited to follow along. I'll definitely be scrubbing the tent. She is getting the chop soon. They popped up real late in flower. Didn't see any until a few days ago. They are just kind of here and there. Hopefully they came so late in the game it doesn't affect my buds. Won't know until they dry though. As always, I appreciate the advice

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
You can pluck them off if you want but there is a good chance nanners that late are usually sterile. Probably genetics. Now if you had any pop out earlier like the second to sixth week that you missed you are going to have some seeds. After you get that plant out of there make sure you double check for light leaks. Get into grow area and stay in there for 20 minuets. It can take that long for your eyes to adjust to the dark. I had a issue on my last round and wound up with quite a bit of seeded material. You know the old saying if life gives you lemons just make lemonade. I am currently learning the making of edibles. LOL
I'm gonna check the tent like that tonight. Thanks Capt. I hope They are sterile too. I'll let y'all know once I do. I looked the plant over daily and never saw one until a few days ago. I found 3. Plucked them. Next day there were 5 more. Plucked those. Now I'm just leaving it be. Don't want to stress her more.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'm gonna check the tent like that tonight. Thanks Capt. I hope They are sterile too. I'll let y'all know once I do. I looked the plant over daily and never saw one until a few days ago. I found 3. Plucked them. Next day there were 5 more. Plucked those. Now I'm just leaving it be. Don't want to stress her more.
There are a lot of strains out there that are subject to late nanners. The nanners are very easy to spot with the lights out and a small led flashlight. Something with the led spectrum makes them pretty easy to spot in the dark. Probably best to check right when lights go out. Not sure about that but it seems like it would be less stress checking them right after lights go out vs at before lights on. You are gaining very valuable experience working with that bag seed. I used to do some surf fishing at night and when you got out of the truck it would take about twenty minutes for you to be able to see your hand right in front of your face so give it some time in the tent.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Ah this brings back memories. My first grow was from bag seed. Thought I was so cool when I scored a 60w hps ballast. It was one of those light fixtures you put on the side of a building that I rigged as a grow light :ROFLMAO: I culled the males plenty early enough, but still ended up with slightly seeded weed. Pretty sure it was all from nanners. Had no idea WTF I was doing.

Your first grows... way better than mine.