My Bagseed Experiment

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
1-28-20: The day of my first harvest. If you are not up to date this is the basic rundown. I found some bagseed in my street bud and decided to try to pop it. It worked. Long story short I fucked up a lot on the way but i made it to harvest. She has been in flower for 63 days. She started to throw nanners around day 54 that I noticed. I topped her extremely late so her growth was a bit odd. She wasn't bushy but clearly my trim skills are not up to par as it took a couple hours. So here we go. Last picture of her before i chopped her and this is after I untied her from the top of the tent.View attachment 45727View attachment 45728
And this is after I cut off her main colasView attachment 45729
Then I finished the chop and finally yelled timber. If anyone was listening IView attachment 45730 imagine they think I enjoy logging competitions.
So it turns out I did have those little male flowers on the underside of some of the stems once I got down there (thanks @GOMM for informing me to look) and discovered what looked like random pink calyxes. I am now a chucker, totally by mistake. I got 2 fully mature and tiger striped seeds. They going to the vault for a really bad day.
View attachment 45731
So pre-trim she weighed about 220g. I forgot to bring my big scales home so I had to make due with some small digis. After trim she weighed out to 189.1.
View attachment 45732
She cleans up pretty well. Currently she puts off a somewhat skunky ammonia if that makes any sense. Put aside some buds to quick dry and check her out. View attachment 45733View attachment 45734
Then I rigged up her tent for the drying process. (Thank you @yougrowyourway for the advice on temp and RH. I got it down to 73 and up to 46 respectively! You are awesome 😎).
View attachment 45735
I'm getting close to the end on this journal but I'll keep it updated through the drying and curing processes. Then full time to my other journal. Gonna be sad to see it go. Thank you everyone for all of your help on this grow for real. I would not have made it here without all of the people continually giving me advice. And thanks for reading all my bullshit. @yougrowyourway @H.A.F. @Texagonian @GOMM @AlienAthena @spyralout @socaljoe @Jesselikes2Grow and all of the other members who helped. You guys are the shit for helping a newbie and making me feel welcome. I'm really shitty at being sentimental but for real a huge thank you.
Well done really!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just remember - when you got high on that stuff in high school it usually had seeds. And it also usually got you H.a.F. Nanners and seeds are really frowned upon - for breeding. Just not a good trait to keep if a strain is prone to it. And if you have bag-seeds it is from a plant that was a girl - and made seeds. Just not good breeding stock.

Sometimes it is grower error, sometimes it is just unstable genetics or a strain that is just prone to nanners. Since I just grow seeds other people grew, IDGAF :) I'll smoke a nanner LOL

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
@GOMM getting credit for my suggestion lol story of my life 😭😭🤣

All jokes aside though I think you’ll be happy with this harvest, seeds or no seeds, and you will probably get around 2 oz of bud that’s better than what you’ll find on the street. Can’t wait to see some dry nug shots

Good job
View attachment 45738
I knew I would fuck that up. I went pages back and couldn't find it so i flipped a coin and said i hope I'm right. Lmao. Both of you were helping me with that issue. And now I can't edit to correct. But thanks girl!
@Seed of Memory what was the 👃 on her at chop?
Skunk and ammonia. Very odd. She smells better today. But she's also got that cut grass smell. Maybe a bit of fennel seed too. Very odd. Waiting on the lard nugs to dry a bit more to try it.
I'll smoke a nanner LOL
I plucked all of the nanners I could find. Then bathed in 91% isopropyl alcohol. Lmao. I got mad every time I found one. Oh and go figure my spring loaded clippers arrived today instead of next Friday. 😡😤 lmao

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Just remember - when you got high on that stuff in high school it usually had seeds. And it also usually got you H.a.F. Nanners and seeds are really frowned upon - for breeding. Just not a good trait to keep if a strain is prone to it. And if you have bag-seeds it is from a plant that was a girl - and made seeds. Just not good breeding stock.

Sometimes it is grower error, sometimes it is just unstable genetics or a strain that is just prone to nanners. Since I just grow seeds other people grew, IDGAF :) I'll smoke a nanner LOL
The shit i had in high school was like fucking popcorn man. Lol. I used to have seed pop burns all the time. Ah, the good ol days. When i was ignorant and there were only 3 kinds of bud. Reggie, mids, and dro. We were a simple folk. Lmao. Though last night i realized something. There was a dude we used to buy bud from in butter tubs. I always called it homegrown. I now know it was undried bud. It was so familiar last night chopping her down.

Last edited:

AlienAthena

Super Active Member
@Texagonian you think i should use a rooting powder or gel? I was thinking of getting a cloning station. I've got a bit of space now to work with.
I’ve used Clonex and Technaflora root tech. Both are gels that work good. I cut clones, snip large fan leaves, put em in water while waiting, dip in gel, and then into damp medium. Usually about two weeks later I see roots start forming. This is a hands off approach.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Thanks to my homie @yougrowyourway for holding my hand through the drying process so i don't fuck up all my hard work right at the end. So per his advice I'm trying to lower temps and keep humidity above 60. Odd thing is the humidity is the easy part. Temp is staying right at 70 now. Got the fan going so hopefully it will lower a bit more. They still super wet but this is the beginning so I expect it to take a while.
20200130_005625.jpg

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Day 3 of the dry and you can now visibly see the difference. The pistils are really curling in and the few little sugar leaves I left on it for the time being are also curling in. I gotta be honest though, I really hope the scent improves during the cure. I just don't like the smell. I'm not great at picking out comparative scents just yet even though I'm one of those compulsive sniffing people. You would think I know what everything smells like. Lmao. Still got the ammonia smell with what smells oddly enough like burnt grass almost.
20200131_223807.jpg20200131_223814.jpg20200131_223822.jpg

Texagonian

Outlaw
Day 3 of the dry and you can now visibly see the difference. The pistils are really curling in and the few little sugar leaves I left on it for the time being are also curling in. I gotta be honest though, I really hope the scent improves during the cure. I just don't like the smell. I'm not great at picking out comparative scents just yet even though I'm one of those compulsive sniffing people. You would think I know what everything smells like. Lmao. Still got the ammonia smell with what smells oddly enough like burnt grass almost.
View attachment 46510View attachment 46511View attachment 46512
It should mellow out and develop better after the cure or at least the grass smell. You have some air moving around your room/ tent. Not tornado winds but a slight breeze to exchange the stale stuff. Bud looks good to me.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Into jars she goes! I got close to 2 ounces dry which seems odd as i had 189.1 at harvest. I knew I'd lose quite a bit but damn.
20200203_170454.jpg20200203_170525.jpg
Anyway, I also weighed my stems to see how much weight was subtracted from them. They only came to like 6.5 dry.
20200203_171359.jpg
So I tossed my little hydrometers in there and we shall see. The RH is the immediate reading. I'll be checking it regularly.
20200203_171056.jpg
I've also got some new scents to report! This was the best part for me as i cannot abide that wet grass smell in my bud. So she has a citrus scent now and the diesel/gassy smell is also developing. I'm curious to see how it develops during the cure.