My Bagseed Experiment

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
@Seed of Memory here's what I used to do with hygrometers...

You get a bottle cap of some sort and fill it with table salt. Add just enough water to make a slightly runny paste. Put that in a Ziploc bag with the hygrometer and seal it up, let that sit for a few hours to make sure everything is stabilized. The salt paste will raise the rh in the bag to 75%. Then you note what the hygrometers read and mark it with tape or something with a +/- x%. That way you know which way and how far off your meters are.

Does that make sense?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Got it. With my inexperience I wasn't sure if it may help. I'm getting the hydrometers regardless. I just want to not fuck up my bud at the finish.

So you didn't really notice any change in the aroma or taste? That was the complaint I did see on the few negatives in the reviews.

^^this i also would like to know. The RH in my house is like 44. I'm concerned about the mini hydrometers because they all say they are ~5 up or down from the actual RH and it seems that needs to stay stable.
I did not notice any taste from them. However i have never done any long time storage use with them either. Like @Turpman once you get your humidity were you want it ( 60-65% ) and the sealed mason jar will keep it at that same reading for a long time.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
@Seed of Memory here's what I used to do with hygrometers...

You get a bottle cap of some sort and fill it with table salt. Add just enough water to make a slightly runny paste. Put that in a Ziploc bag with the hygrometer and seal it up, let that sit for a few hours to make sure everything is stabilized. The salt paste will raise the rh in the bag to 75%. Then you note what the hygrometers read and mark it with tape or something with a +/- x%. That way you know which way and how far off your meters are.

Does that make sense?
It does. I'll check that out when they come in and see if i can get them measured.
The way I figure it, I have other things to worry about. I grow just for me, and I tend to have it hanging around for a while.
That is kind of my thing. Straight personal use and we just lost the 2nd manager in a month so we are at less than half staff at work which means my 60 hour weeks have turned into 70 hour weeks. So I'm not going to have a lot of time to keep a super close eye on it. But I've got a couple of weeks until harvest time. Gives me time to prep. I'm going to try them.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So I did what I believe will be the last feed of the grow last night at lights on. Tiger bloom at 75% with a start ppm of 690. Runoff was 1034. Gonna run a flush on her at the next water. The trichomes are beginning to show signs of cloudiness so should be ready for harvest by the end of the month.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I cannot wait to cut this girl down and smoke her. After cure of course. What i originally thought would be a quarter at harvest I now believe I may get close to a zip out of her. Not too shabby for my first run considering I was totally ignorant the first 2 months. I'm surprised she didn't kick the bucket during that time. Instead, she soaked up all the proper shit once I knew better and used that to come back as a bad ass. Not at all unlike myself. Either way, she is beginning to show signs of cloudiness. Less than 10% but it is a good start.

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I cannot wait to cut this girl down and smoke her. After cure of course. What i originally thought would be a quarter at harvest I now believe I may get close to a zip out of her. Not too shabby for my first run considering I was totally ignorant the first 2 months. I'm surprised she didn't kick the bucket during that time. Instead, she soaked up all the proper shit once I knew better and used that to come back as a bad ass. Not at all unlike myself. Either way, she is beginning to show signs of cloudiness. Less than 10% but it is a good start.
You can always cut off a little nug and set it on the counter for a few days so you can have a taste test.

Just sayin.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
You did great young lady. It took me several attempts to get anything decent to smoke. Remember after you chop the slower the dry the better your end product will be.
So with an RH of around 44 in my house will that dry too fast? I plan on buying some of those boveda packs to help with the curing process. At least until I get the hang of it. And thank you. I've been meticulously researching and observing. It seems to be paying off.
Also if i remember right grow weed easy.com has a pretty good section on curing and the numbers you want to shoot for. As well as some good pictures of trichome maturity.
I've read those articles at least 4 times. I was even reading it last night and this morning. I've trimmed before but that was to help a friend. I've never tried and cured my own product.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So with an RH of around 44 in my house will that dry too fast? I plan on buying some of those boveda packs to help with the curing process. At least until I get the hang of it. And thank you. I've been meticulously researching and observing. It seems to be paying off.

I've read those articles at least 4 times. I was even reading it last night and this morning. I've trimmed before but that was to help a friend. I've never tried and cured my own product.
That is a little dry but you can work with it. At 44% you will not have a long hang time ( maybe 3-4 days ). After the hang you can put it in a lot of different containers to control humidity. I use tupperware to control mine then eventually into jars. I go into some detail on another thread called curing for those that hate to trim. I think that was the name of it. Mine is a good method for small grows larger grows need to use 5 gallon buckets to cure. My method takes a little getting used to but i really like it. You can add moisture to the air with a humidifier as well. Just be careful you don't get to moist in a confined area.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
That is a little dry but you can work with it. At 44% you will not have a long hang time ( maybe 3-4 days ). After the hang you can put it in a lot of different containers to control humidity. I use tupperware to control mine then eventually into jars. I go into some detail on another thread called curing for those that hate to trim. I think that was the name of it. Mine is a good method for small grows larger grows need to use 5 gallon buckets to cure. My method takes a little getting used to but i really like it. You can add moisture to the air with a humidifier as well. Just be careful you don't get to moist in a confined area.
I have actually read that post twice already. I planned on a re-read closer to harvest. This is the time the worry really starts to get to me. That I get this close and then mess up on harvest.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I have actually read that post twice already. I planned on a re-read closer to harvest. This is the time the worry really starts to get to me. That I get this close and then mess up on harvest.
I am sure you will do fine. Even if you do not get it to its best potential it will still be better than what you could buy from a dispensary. Every time you do it you will get better at it. As long as you are starting to see some amber trics it will be fine. Lots of amber and it is good night time weed.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I am sure you will do fine. Even if you do not get it to its best potential it will still be better than what you could buy from a dispensary. Every time you do it you will get better at it. As long as you are starting to see some amber trics it will be fine. Lots of amber and it is good night time weed.
I definitely hope so. Part of the reason I started this was quality control. No dispensaries in my area. Just the neighborhood pal. Hopefully I harvest well. I'll see once we smoke it.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So checked on my girl this morning. I can't wait for my new loop to come in so I can see her a bit closer but it is all good. After taking this picture I realized her buds were getting heavy and her stems were bending pretty hard so i tied her up to the top of the tent. Still got a few weeks to go with her though. She just finished putting out a second new round of pistils so those gotta start turning. Sorry for the LED light. Didn't think to turn it off.

Attachments

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So my digital microscope came in yesterday. I couldn't use it until lights on for my girl here but even when i could it won't focus. I don't know if it is the app or the camera. I had to download 3 apps and only one, USB Camera, works. The other 2 (AN98 and OTG View) crash every time I try to open them. I took some snaps anyway. I'm going to keep working on it.IPC_2020-01-21.12.01.36.5740.jpgIPC_2020-01-21.12.02.05.7140.jpgIPC_2020-01-21.12.02.12.4460.jpg
And one of the worst problems i could have at this stage has crept up. I think i found nanners. They were barely sticking up but i found 4 and pulled them all with needlepoint tweezers. I'm pretty sure they are nanners anyway. There have been no fluctuations in temp or RH. No light in the dark period at all. Could just be genetics. But at day 56 of flower, will it have time to develop seeds? Do you all think i should go ahead and chop her early or just keep running her out?IPC_2020-01-21.03.49.26.5760.jpgIPC_2020-01-21.03.49.30.0380.jpg