My Bagseed Experiment

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So I'm new to growing pot but I did have some gardening experience in general. This year I did tomatoes and I realized that if i can successfully grow tomatoes, I can grow my own pot. Due to the scarcity and the high prices in my area it seems to be the most sensible thing for myself and my husband. I really decided to grow when we actually started finding seeds in our bud. Maybe 1 for every half O but we had never found them before. I started saving them and despite my typical tendencies towards over-researching something before I do it, I started germinating them almost immediately. 9 seeds, 8 popped. I was stoked. I put them in paper towels starting on the 5th and the next thing you know they were going in soil as early as the 7th. 20190910_233720.jpg
I didn't realize I was starting outdoors WAY too late in the season. By mid October, my strongest plants were only 3 inches tall. It was starting to get cold outside so I got online and ordered the cheapest LED I could find on the quick. 2 days before i arrived a slug got into my seedlings that I had covered with plastic clear cups with air holes and destroyed my seedlings. I was left with 2. One of which had been deformed since breaking soil, the other being my 2nd largest.20190927_094842.jpg
^That was 9/27/19. Once my LED got here, my husband built me a reflective box with cardboard and aluminum foil. Man they started growing fast then compared to how they had been.20191018_223548.jpg20191025_000359.jpg
To be continued shortly.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So I'm new to growing pot but I did have some gardening experience in general. This year I did tomatoes and I realized that if i can successfully grow tomatoes, I can grow my own pot. Due to the scarcity and the high prices in my area it seems to be the most sensible thing for myself and my husband. I really decided to grow when we actually started finding seeds in our bud. Maybe 1 for every half O but we had never found them before. I started saving them and despite my typical tendencies towards over-researching something before I do it, I started germinating them almost immediately. 9 seeds, 8 popped. I was stoked. I put them in paper towels starting on the 5th and the next thing you know they were going in soil as early as the 7th. View attachment 31609
I didn't realize I was starting outdoors WAY too late in the season. By mid October, my strongest plants were only 3 inches tall. It was starting to get cold outside so I got online and ordered the cheapest LED I could find on the quick. 2 days before i arrived a slug got into my seedlings that I had covered with plastic clear cups with air holes and destroyed my seedlings. I was left with 2. One of which had been deformed since breaking soil, the other being my 2nd largest.View attachment 31610
^That was 9/27/19. Once my LED got here, my husband built me a reflective box with cardboard and aluminum foil. Man they started growing fast then compared to how they had been.View attachment 31611View attachment 31612
To be continued shortly.
Looking good there young lady. You should do a little research on growweedeasy.com to get down some of the basics. When you need some advice just ask their are plenty on here willing to help. Also post pictures at least once a week and someone might spot something going on that needs correcting. Good luck and the young ones look nice and happy so far.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So picking up where i left off. I realized that my kitchen counter was not the proper place to grow my plants and as they were getting larger I needed a new plan. I have a room connected to my 2nd bathroom under my stairs. We set up a new area. Had to run power to it but it is okay until my tent arrives. My roots were getting super large so I decided to transplant to larger pots. My best plant to a 3 gallon pot with around 2 gallons of soil and my other in a 1.5 with about 1.2 gallons of soil.

They really start growing at this point. Within a couple of days roots are sticking out everywhere. They look healthy though. They were a deep and vibrant green but now seem to be getting a bit light for my liking. My tent (36×20×62) should be here today as well as the Fox Farm Trio and my 300w Par viparspectra LED. Hopefully that will help.

Attachments

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Looking good there young lady. You should do a little research on growweedeasy.com to get down some of the basics. When you need some advice just ask their are plenty on here willing to help. Also post pictures at least once a week and someone might spot something going on that needs correcting. Good luck and the young ones look nice and happy so far.
I'm about to get in to the more recent photos of my crop. I'm just trying to catch up to where my other journal is at. Thank you very much for the kindness. At this point I need all the help i can get. I have been on grow weed easy as well as leaffly and a few other blogs and forums.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So picking up where i left off. I realized that my kitchen counter was not the proper place to grow my plants and as they were getting larger I needed a new plan. I have a room connected to my 2nd bathroom under my stairs. We set up a new area. Had to run power to it but it is okay until my tent arrives. My roots were getting super large so I decided to transplant to larger pots. My best plant to a 3 gallon pot with around 2 gallons of soil and my other in a 1.5 with about 1.2 gallons of soil.

They really start growing at this point. Within a couple of days roots are sticking out everywhere. They look healthy though. They were a deep and vibrant green but now seem to be getting a bit light for my liking. My tent (36×20×62) should be here today as well as the Fox Farm Trio and my 300w Par viparspectra LED. Hopefully that will help.
The light colored ones could use a lite dose of nutrients. Be carefull at this point giving to many nuets at this point can cause a lot of issues Keep studying those grow sites and the advise you will get here will make more sense. That growth is nothing compared to the growth once you put it into flower. The first 3 weeks could see growth that would triple the height.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
The light colored ones could use a lite dose of nutrients. Be carefull at this point giving to many nuets at this point can cause a lot of issues Keep studying those grow sites and the advise you will get here will make more sense. That growth is nothing compared to the growth once you put it into flower. The first 3 weeks could see growth that would triple the height.
Now they have never had any nutrients at all. Still play it safe with them?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Now they have never had any nutrients at all. Still play it safe with them?
When they start turning yellow that usually means they need some food. With that fox farm trio tread lightly very easy to over feed. And when you do soak medium thoroughly and them allowed to dry out some before irrigating again.Maybe 1/4 strength to start. On your close ups i am assuming that you have them in veg now. In veg it will be 6-8 weeks before you can determine the sex. If you switch to the flowering light schedule the will show sex much quicker around 2 weeks.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
When they start turning yellow that usually means they need some food. With that fox farm trio tread lightly very easy to over feed. And when you do soak medium thoroughly and them allowed to dry out some before irrigating again.Maybe 1/4 strength to start. On your close ups i am assuming that you have them in veg now. In veg it will be 6-8 weeks before you can determine the sex. If you switch to the flowering light schedule the will show sex much quicker around 2 weeks.
Thanks for the info. I can't get a lot of feedback from anyone on fox farm aside from a couple of articles and reviews. I was told the little sprigs in the close ups are just leaves, not anything that could tell me sex. I'm glad to have them in veg now. As they are bagseed i have no idea what sex they are. With 8 plants I had a good shot at getting some females. With 2 I am worried. I have feminised seeds on the way from Seedsman (should be here by 12/5) but I'm concerned about space. I don't have a lot of space and I don't want to have wasted more time than necessary to get female plants going.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So what I had going on was a bit crazy. I ended up doing this and topping the plant above the 5th node. The other plant is not bendy in the slightest bit. Edit: sorry about the cat in the picture. My fat boy was so excited to see what i was working on in his house. Lol. Fat turd tried to eat it.

Attachments

GCG

Dinosaur
You're in the right place to get help. Thought I knew my way around a garden until I started following all the amazing growers on here. Crazy knowledge in this place
You seem to have a good handle on things now just stay diligent, ask advice and show off your hard work. Welcome to your new addiction.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So what I had going on was a bit crazy. I ended up doing this and topping the plant above the 5th node. The other plant is not bendy in the slightest bit. Edit: sorry about the cat in the picture. My fat boy was so excited to see what i was working on in his house. Lol. Fat turd tried to eat it.
I would take it easy on the bendy stuff and ease into growing the plants. The little nubs in your close-ups are sprouts that will each grow into a new flower site. Bending the plants is usually to expose them and let them grow into separate "tops" on the plant later. So if you do the training, make sure you have a goal in mind.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Another difference from tomatoes is watering. Let them dry between waterings. the pot should feel light before you water or feed again. If you soak a little plant in a big pot it will take longer for the plant to use it (and evaporation and stuff) than when the plant gets larger than the pot.

You'll want to feed them as soon as you get your nutes - but make sure you have the pH meter first so you can adjust the feed-water to about 6.5 ph. And if your pots are as wet as they look (might be a trick of the light) don't soak the pot. Just mix enough for a pint or so for each plant, maybe less. Then let them keep drying out. before the next time.

GCG

Dinosaur
I bend my plants but top them first. If you let the tops grow out the side branches will catch up. Once new tops have a few nodes I bend everything until they are horizontal. Creating a tabletop I use a length of plant tie or string and run it down to the pot. Spreads everything out, let's light in and lets all the lower develops into tops.
The ties, for me, are because every time I try the stem crush/break/bend to train the plant I snap them off and have to tape them up.

Which reminds me, if youre going to play with training them get some electrical tape. Its really pliable so it's perfect for taping them back together when they break.