Megacrop thread

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I have mixed the two in a couple of grows and have not noticed any adverse effects. Although i use in moderation i never exceed a gram per gallon of either. After reading what the rep said i think i will just stick to the sweet candy and eliminate the BE. I am about out of the Extreme garden products and i think i will switch over to recharge and give that a shot.
Recharge is my shit, i use it in everything I grow, regardless of nutrients or medium. I even use it in when germinating so it can start inoculation as soon as there are roots to colonize. If you sign up for the Dude Grows Club ($10/month) through patreon , you get a 30’percent off recharge coupon, among with many other benefits, including a free pack of regs from Obsoul33t, through seedsheenerenow and coupon codes for a variety of sites, including seedsherenow, HLG, or Garden Gear Supply. Even if you just use the coupon code on the smallest size of recharge, it almost pays for the month right there. If you buy any size 1lb or bigger, you’ll save more money than you spent on the month of DGC.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I buy the powdered blackstrap from amazonia, I'll look for links and wal mart epsom, plain, nothin in em. I think I got it memorized now, per gallon its six tbs of epsom to one tbs blackstrap. Ive juiced it up once or twice, but can't tell much diff, so I keep with that recipe. Basically a tbs per gallon of this mixture every watering and I just keep using it and noticing what I notice, but it is cheaper than sweet, and to be honest, if you see what is in FlawlessFinish, thats the same basically as adding a bunch of epsom only last week, if I remember correctly, without double checking. I also use MC BE these last two rounds with my natural sweet with whatever is in that powdered blackstrap and I have no ill effects whatsoever. Whats ironic to me is I use URB and most of the stuff mentioned above that is in Sweet Candy is also mentioned being in the URB, as far as microbes, amino acids, etc. I use URB every watering. I do know if your water is too hot you kill a lot of good stuff in the molasses, etc. Not all.
I’ll have to mix up some of that and give it a try. I use RO water so no worries there.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Went ahead and ordered 2500g of the new Sweet Candy, I keep wondering if it would have any benefit over the Bud Explosion give I do use microbes, but I’m not much of a wonderer. I make a much better figure-out’er. My only concern is that with the added organic ingredients, that it may not do as well premixed in a reservoir. I’ll keep this thread updated with what I think of it after I get some time with it, as well as my “bedroom tent” thread.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Question for anyone who has used Sweet Candy before, did the old formulation have a bunch of black flakes in it? I ordered some of the new formula and it arrived in the packaging of the old formula, with the 0-0-16 still on the front and the old guaranteed analysis on the back. I reached out to GLN and they said if it has black flakes, its the new formula, and sent me a correct guaranteed analysis. Here is what it looks like inside, just looking for some confirmation that the old formula did not have these flakes in it.
E5A94604-C235-4108-9625-5BD1ABB8C24A.jpeg

And here is the guaranteed analysis of the new formula for anyone interested
E5B7A215-1EDE-4A6B-9A40-468BF57FE62C.png

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
@Capt C @macsnax

do either one of you recall if the old formula of sweet candy had the black flakes in it like the pic in my above pic? GLN rep says only the new formula does, but I want to confirm that before I use it.

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
Question for anyone who has used Sweet Candy before, did the old formulation have a bunch of black flakes in it? I ordered some of the new formula and it arrived in the packaging of the old formula, with the 0-0-16 still on the front and the old guaranteed analysis on the back. I reached out to GLN and they said if it has black flakes, its the new formula, and sent me a correct guaranteed analysis. Here is what it looks like inside, just looking for some confirmation that the old formula did not have these flakes in it.
View attachment 42156

And here is the guaranteed analysis of the new formula for anyone interested
View attachment 42157
The v1 was pinkish white.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
@Capt C @macsnax

Maybe I was over-reacting but I think its pretty unprofessional to be shipping stuff out in the wrong package. Not going to stop me from using it, since I can confirm its the new formula and they sent a pic of the right Guaranteed Analysis, but nonetheless, not a fan. If it wasn’t for being able to confirm with you guys, there is no way I would just trust a nutrient rep that its a different product than the package says it is.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
@Capt C @macsnax

Maybe I was over-reacting but I think its pretty unprofessional to be shipping stuff out in the wrong package. Not going to stop me from using it, since I can confirm its the new formula and they sent a pic of the right Guaranteed Analysis, but nonetheless, not a fan. If it wasn’t for being able to confirm with you guys, there is no way I would just trust a nutrient rep that its a different product than the package says it is.
I don't speak for everyone but i am am frustrated with the formula changes. It 's what i have now and it is working for DTW. Unfortunately i have a large bag to get thru. I have herd several growers that used MC have switched. If i go back to a reservoir i would use something else for mixing concerns. I know i don't appreciate my money going to there research and development.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
@Capt C @macsnax

Ya wtf is that? At least you do know what it is lol

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't speak for everyone but i am am frustrated with the formula changes. It 's what i have now and it is working for DTW. Unfortunately i have a large bag to get thru. I have herd several growers that used MC have switched. If i go back to a reservoir i would use something else for mixing concerns. I know i don't appreciate my money going to there research and development.
I'm switching over to the floraflex line. I actually won 100 grams of each of their lineup, so I can try it without putting money into it. Seems like a pretty solid nute line, and they're not changing the formula all the time.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'm switching over to the floraflex line. I actually won 100 grams of each of their lineup, so I can try it without putting money into it. Seems like a pretty solid nute line, and they're not changing the formula all the time.
Great Mac. Kinda hard to find a lot of info on it but i did see that one video of mixing the nutes and it seemed that they mixed well. Lots of pricing tears so it was hard to tell about pricing to see how economical the product is. So you can keep us posted i will be keeping my eye on it. I visited the Jacks site the other day and i might be wrong but they did not look all that cheap. Just tired of chasing hype products and would like to have a dry nutrient that was economical and works well. That was my reasoning for going with Megacrop.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Great Mac. Kinda hard to find a lot of info on it but i did see that one video of mixing the nutes and it seemed that they mixed well. Lots of pricing tears so it was hard to tell about pricing to see how economical the product is. So you can keep us posted i will be keeping my eye on it. I visited the Jacks site the other day and i might be wrong but they did not look all that cheap. Just tired of chasing hype products and would like to have a dry nutrient that was economical and works well. That was my reasoning for going with Megacrop.
That was the reason I jumped on board with mc as well, the last formula change toothed me off though. I'm not going to keep learning a product from the same company....... ain't nobody got time for that.

I seen that video, looks like it mixes well. They claim pH stable too.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I'm trying to decide on going back to Jack's before my MC runs out.Its getting close.May be 4-5 res changes left.
I wish they had of left the damn nutes alone.Or stopped at V2.
I DO NOT want to try and have to learn a new nutrient line. I've been done with bottles for a while now and would like a comparable dry nute to MC,Jack's and Maxibloom. I still have a new little bag of Maxi for when the MC runs out if I haven't decided by then.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
That was the reason I jumped on board with mc as well, the last formula change toothed me off though. I'm not going to keep learning a product from the same company....... ain't nobody got time for that.

I seen that video, looks like it mixes well. They claim pH stable too.
Toothed me off???? More like turned, too late to edit

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm trying to decide on going back to Jack's before my MC runs out.Its getting close.May be 4-5 res changes left.
I wish they had of left the damn nutes alone.Or stopped at V2.
I DO NOT want to try and have to learn a new nutrient line. I've been done with bottles for a while now and would like a comparable dry nute to MC,Jack's and Maxibloom. I still have a new little bag of Maxi for when the MC runs out if I haven't decided by then.
Maxi is pretty tried and true bruddah. I've always heard good things about Jack's too but never ran it.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I’m liking my gatorade bottle of concentrate. Give it a shake and grab a syringe full, takes roughly 15ml to get a gallon to 600ppm.
I'm liking mine too. I got a PPM pen now and I realize I was none to accurate with that little scoop.....still have two PP's making a sour face and spitting out single leaves. Pretty sure that mix was hot!