Megacrop thread

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I'm liking mine too. I got a PPM pen now and I realize I was none to accurate with that little scoop.....still have two PP's making a sour face and spitting out single leaves. Pretty sure that mix was hot!
Yeah ppm is a good way to get it the same every time. I’ve been using it with my liquid nutes I’ve been using too

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Maxi is pretty tried and true bruddah. I've always heard good things about Jack's too but never ran it.
Yessir,I ran the pink lemonade for a while before I found RIU & Jack's. Jack's is a very clean 2 part. Loved it. If it weren't for Greenleaf advertising and giving out free samples of V1,I'd still be on Jack's.
The local hydro spot,no longer carries Jacks...😠.
Shelves full of dusty bottled bullshit...lol.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
For the stock solution users of MC. How would I go about making a stock solution of MC for a 17 gal res? Is it as simple as dissolving as much MC as I can in a certain amount of water?
R/O or distilled I presume. I use 68gs of MC.My ppm comes out to 820-850ish 220ish ppm is my tap.600ish ppm of MC from the rooter to the tooter (seedling-chop).
Shit,I might not have enough left to make a stock solution. Ummm...asking for a friend heh.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Yessir,I ran the pink lemonade for a while before I found RIU & Jack's. Jack's is a very clean 2 part. Loved it. If it weren't for Greenleaf advertising and giving out free samples of V1,I'd still be on Jack's.
The local hydro spot,no longer carries Jacks...😠.
Shelves full of dusty bottled bullshit...lol.
There's multiple grow stores near me and I still buy all my stuff online. I have seen the dusty bottles you speak of 🤣

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
[
Shipping costs,nosey neighbors & sketchy delivery drivers have been my online ordering deterrents. I just grabbed another big bag of chunky perlite for $58.00 that would've costed nearly double that with shipping.
I get that play it safe man. Check home depot next time you need perlite. Best price I've found, they have big bags by one of the bigger hydro companies (can't think of it atm) for 30. They don't always have it at the one near me, so I check everytime I go in there.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
[

I get that play it safe man. Check home depot next time you need perlite. Best price I've found, they have big bags by one of the bigger hydro companies (can't think of it atm) for 30. They don't always have it at the one near me, so I check everytime I go in there.
This one?

I went there and felt the bag.Particles felt too small(thru the bag). I need the big or chunky grade. Got the last bag of FoxFarm big and chunky perlite from the hydro store. It's particle size is perfect. Too bad they don't carry it anymore. Hopefully the size he ordered for me will be right.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
This one?

I went there and felt the bag.Particles felt too small(thru the bag). I need the big or chunky grade. Got the last bag of FoxFarm big and chunky perlite from the hydro store. It's particle size is perfect. Too bad they don't carry it anymore. Hopefully the size he ordered for me will be right.
I gotcha, that is the brand, my bag looks different though. And it is a med/large size, not the big chunk stuff. That's hard to find that these days. Thought I could would pass it along if it could same you a few bucks. I do know what it's like looking for chunky stuff and opening the bag to find med size lol.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Been talking back and forth with a rep from Greenleaf about the new formula of Sweet Candy. This is copied and pasted from our correspondence, when I asked if they were intended to be used in conjunction with each other:

”You should select Sweet Candy or Bud Explosion to use. There is description here, Sweet Candy has a lot more organics included so maybe you prefer to use that one if you want to add organics into your grow https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/sweet-candy/

Sweet Candy is a premium, full flavor, aroma and yield enhancer … and carbohydrate source all in one! NPK 0-17-28

Specialized for soil-type mediums that can benefit from organics and microbes.
Promotes bolder terpenes, scent, root zone health, beneficial bacteria and vibrant plants.
Contains several different types of carbo sources, 20 amino acids, 70+ vitamins and minerals, isoflavonoids, anthocyanins, polyphenols, tannins and isoterpenes for superior aroma, potency and heavy yields.
Sweet Candy also enhances the root zone for optimal beneficial bacteria and fungi growth to help benefit and protect your plants.

New formula now also includes Kelp extract, Fulvic acid and Humic acids!”

Then when I explained that I grow in coco but I do use a couple of microbial products, and asked which they recommend for coco growers, this was their response:

”Coco growers can kind of pick. If you want a lot of organics and carbohydrates go with Sweet Candy. If you want a cleaner pure PK booster go with Bud Explosion.”

Just thought I would share this on the thread, I think I am going to stick with the Bud Explosion for now, as I already have a bucket of the stuff. I might pick up a small bag of the sweet candy and try it out on one plant. If I do so, I will definitely share the results.

I have both of em. Never really noticed a difference.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
[

Walmart has a good price too and they deliver free over $35.
IME, the walmart Viagrow is finer than the HDepot Vigoro. Both work pretty good though.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
For the stock solution users of MC. How would I go about making a stock solution of MC for a 17 gal res? Is it as simple as dissolving as much MC as I can in a certain amount of water?
R/O or distilled I presume. I use 68gs of MC.My ppm comes out to 820-850ish 220ish ppm is my tap.600ish ppm of MC from the rooter to the tooter (seedling-chop).
Shit,I might not have enough left to make a stock solution. Ummm...asking for a friend heh.

Thats a trick question because the mega will not dissolve all the way in your stock solution. You will have to shake it up and have the particles that settled on the bottom stirred up floating around while you pour. And even then your still going to have most of the particles not flow through but immediately settle and float down.

A simple way to do what you want is just multiply by 10. 680 grams in your stock should do 170 gal.

I would use distilled water if i was you.

When i buy nutes and they are usually always dry i always make concentrated stock in 5 gal containers. If it somethibg small like a lb i put it in an old jug and write on the tape what it is and the dilution rate.

How you find the dilution rate is take exactly 5 gal of water or 1 gal whatever you feed with and measure out in ML how much it raises the ppm.

For example 1 gal out of your tap is 200. 10 ml of your concentrate brings it up to 450.
Now you know that 10 ml adds 250 ppm.

So if you want to bump it by 500 ppm you add 20 ml per gal of water. Or if you are like me and have to add cal mag i put in the cal mag and then add 15 ml of solution.

You can adjust it anyway you want if adding cal mag/ bloom booster etc.

Ususlly it will come out to something odd like 18 ml per gal. When just dumping a half a bag into a 5 gal container.

Also you will notice after some time the mega will have slime growing in your concentrate. It is the only dry i have mixed that has ever done this.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Actually I don't like the fact it smells like something is growing in it 3 days after mixing up a 5gal batch. Like I stated before I use RO, UV and hit my water with 1ppm shock before I mix anything in it. Maybe I need to get a irradiation device.LOL

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
back aways in this thread someone had a formula I have been using and had good luck although as said has to be shaken and stirred each time.
1LB of MC to 1quart of hot water and I mix in 1/2 gallon mason jar or appropriate container.
6ml of concentrate per gallon gives ppm wanted.
Since it precipitates so fast I have considered doubling the water and using 12ml per gallon as I think it just can't stay in solution with only 1 quart of water.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Walmart has a good price too and they deliver free over $35.
IME, the walmart Viagrow is finer than the HDepot Vigoro. Both work pretty good though.
I don't think my walmart carries perlite, but I'll check sometime. Online order to in store delivery would probably work though.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Thats a trick question because the mega will not dissolve all the way in your stock solution. You will have to shake it up and have the particles that settled on the bottom stirred up floating around while you pour. And even then your still going to have most of the particles not flow through but immediately settle and float down.

A simple way to do what you want is just multiply by 10. 680 grams in your stock should do 170 gal.

I would use distilled water if i was you.

When i buy nutes and they are usually always dry i always make concentrated stock in 5 gal containers. If it somethibg small like a lb i put it in an old jug and write on the tape what it is and the dilution rate.

How you find the dilution rate is take exactly 5 gal of water or 1 gal whatever you feed with and measure out in ML how much it raises the ppm.

For example 1 gal out of your tap is 200. 10 ml of your concentrate brings it up to 450.
Now you know that 10 ml adds 250 ppm.

So if you want to bump it by 500 ppm you add 20 ml per gal of water. Or if you are like me and have to add cal mag i put in the cal mag and then add 15 ml of solution.

You can adjust it anyway you want if adding cal mag/ bloom booster etc.

Ususlly it will come out to something odd like 18 ml per gal. When just dumping a half a bag into a 5 gal container.

Also you will notice after some time the mega will have slime growing in your concentrate. It is the only dry i have mixed that has ever done this.
Problem with a concentrate, it can start growing things.
A lil hydrogaurd would probably kill the mold issue. Keeping everything in suspension ??? Idk

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Canada has decided it's a restricted product. I did buy a bottle threw eBay I think.
Shits expensive. I used as directed in one hydro grow, didn't see any difference worth the cost.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Canada has decided it's a restricted product. I did buy a bottle threw eBay I think.
Shits expensive. I used as directed in one hydro grow, didn't see any difference worth the cost.
It's more if a line of defense than a miracle grow product. Just beneficial bacteria really. The smell mentioned above in a feed solution is bad bacteria, things that can cause issues. Hydrogaurd takes care of that.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I use peroxide but its a battle with MC...once that funk starts it goes stanky fast. We cant get hydroguard or that southern AG one either. Something about the bacterium contained is not approved for Canadian use. Or it is proprietary and they wont say what it is...

I am going to give pool shock a go because it is a lot cheaper...and i think it might be more stable. But i will find out. A many year supply was under 10 bucks. Peroxide is 30 bucks a gallon (29% food grade).