Megacrop thread

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Just a basic whole house sediment filter. We run it through a Brita before we use it. It is the best tasting water.
Sounds like good sweetwater. I am on city but i run it thru carbon and sediment. I just keep a few gallons 0 ppm water around for different uses .

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I ran into a bit of a issue with my reservoir while using the Blumats on my last run because of my tap water. For what reason i am not exactly sure why it would become fairly unstable and continually rising and needing adjustments. I have been mixing in 1 gallon jugs for a pretty good while without ever having a issue of rising PH. I mixed mine with very hot water and would then add to the reservoir but i would still get a small amount of material on the bottom ( v2). I had a small circulating running constant as well.
When I moved into this house, I thought I had hit the jackpot with the tap water. came out to like 60ppm, super easy to work with. Made the mistake of not continually testing my input water, and when every plant in all three of my tents started showing mag deficiencies at the same time, i checked it and my ppm was over 200ppm. I think they switch sources, because it goes back and forth between 60-70ppm, to 180-220ppm, and when it is at the higher TDS levels, I suspect it is all calcium, or something else that is antagonistic to Magnesium. Works for a great way to show what a mag deficiency looks like lol, just use the tap water and it will start showing mag deficiencies.

I rigged up an RO reservoir with a Hydrologic Stealth 150, a 55 gallon commander tote, and a float valve, and my only regret is not doing this from the beginning. also, have not had to clean out my hueys at all since, before going to RO, i had to take apart My humidifiers and scrape all the gunk out of them every few weeks.

back to the MC tho, I wonder if they made changes to the v3 that made it mix better. It’s odd to see so many people that have had issues with it mixing, and its mixed damn near perfect for me. I’ve never tried mixing it dry, but i have always mixed dry Nutes with hot water first, just how I was taught to do it in my younger years.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Do you guys have to adjust ph much with MC? I end up at about 6.1-6.3 which I am not sure is correct but I stick with it. Just tap water. 50-60ppm out of the tap. Add calmag till I get to 200ppm. Roughly 4ml/gal of calmag. Rest is MC, feeding 650ppm now. Young plants.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Do you guys have to adjust ph much with MC? I end up at about 6.1-6.3 which I am not sure is correct but I stick with it. Just tap water. 50-60ppm out of the tap. Add calmag till I get to 200ppm. Roughly 4ml/gal of calmag. Rest is MC, feeding 650ppm now. Young plants.
I’ve hardly touched ph down at all since switching to MC. After adding calmag & MC to my RO, it comes out to 5.9-6.1, and for the most part, it just stays there. I’m using v3.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
The stronger I mix the lower the ph. If I'm mixing @ total 400 with calmag I'm a little high 6.5. At 650 I'm about 6. I've went to coco and mix up enough for 2-3 days. I get pretty much no settling. Starts to get a little rank at 3 days so I add 1ppm shock before mixing anything in the water.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I’ve hardly touched ph down at all since switching to MC. After adding calmag & MC to my RO, it comes out to 5.9-6.1, and for the most part, it just stays there. I’m using v3.
Pretty damn hard to get any kind of consistency with information coming in with three different formulas out there.
The stronger I mix the lower the ph. If I'm mixing @ total 400 with calmag I'm a little high 6.5. At 650 I'm about 6. I've went to coco and mix up enough for 2-3 days. I get pretty much no settling. Starts to get a little rank at 3 days so I add 1ppm shock before mixing anything in the water.
I do not use the shock so i am curious how you measure 1 ppm of that product?

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I measure each gallon and if I have to add anything, its one to three drops of ph down. Thats been one of the selling points I always thought, the stuff damn near ph's itself. Even when I add the pk booster, its maybe another drop or two. My water is just tap, that has set out for a day or three. I too was scared of those large numbers of n in MC when first started, its beat everything I ever tried for growing. I too hit it hard during veg with 2.5 gms, then 5 gms with the pk booster for bout four weeks into flower, then back off to the 2.5 and skip, then eliminate the pk, finish up with sweet water, last week reg water, voile'. AGain, don't do resevoirs, but Im not seeing much difference in the formulas, other than they keep rockin whatever they are changing. I think they have the ratio figured out, imho, being the trick. My main colas explode on the stuff, once dried, even if seems a lil larfy or green, after dries, burns white, even the trim leaves. Ive also noticed now Im adding my homeade sweet all the way thru the cycle, Im not getting any hollow stems. Not main stems or branches. Not sure if the homeade sweet all the way thru or the megacrop, but I been running lots of variety and its the same on each. When I did use MC and no homeade sweet all the way thru, still had hollows. I think its the epsom salts in my sweet I make, I just mix epsom salts and blackstrap. But thats jme.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Pretty damn hard to get any kind of consistency with information coming in with three different formulas out there.

I do not use the shock so i am curious how you measure 1 ppm of that product?
I think I have V2
I put 1.4g shock in 1L of water as a stock solution. I add 1mill of stock solution per liter. Works out to 1ppm.
So I add 18mil stock to a 5 gal. pail, not quite full about 2" from the top. Give it a quick stir then add cal mag-MC-BE.
I weigh out all my nutes dry then add to water.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN

With my well water that has 27 ppm mine usually mixes at 5.6 and after several days it starts to creep up

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I’m liking my gatorade bottle of concentrate. Give it a shake and grab a syringe full, takes roughly 15ml to get a gallon to 600ppm.

I think that is roughly the same ppm that one bag of mega does per 10 gal of water.

I just devide the bag in half and mix the half in one 5 gal container and then the other.

I have an instant hot water heater. I have a spigot on outside of house that i hook a hose too. I can have as much hot water as i want. Thats what i use to mix the mega with or the masterblend or the jacks etc.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I think that is roughly the same ppm that one bag of mega does per 10 gal of water.

I just devide the bag in half and mix the half in one 5 gal container and then the other.

I have an instant hot water heater. I have a spigot on outside of house that i hook a hose too. I can have as much hot water as i want. Thats what i use to mix the mega with or the masterblend or the jacks etc.
Yeah I used hot water as well. It separates when it sits but a quick shake and good to go.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Been talking back and forth with a rep from Greenleaf about the new formula of Sweet Candy. This is copied and pasted from our correspondence, when I asked if they were intended to be used in conjunction with each other:

”You should select Sweet Candy or Bud Explosion to use. There is description here, Sweet Candy has a lot more organics included so maybe you prefer to use that one if you want to add organics into your grow https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/sweet-candy/

Sweet Candy is a premium, full flavor, aroma and yield enhancer … and carbohydrate source all in one! NPK 0-17-28

Specialized for soil-type mediums that can benefit from organics and microbes.
Promotes bolder terpenes, scent, root zone health, beneficial bacteria and vibrant plants.
Contains several different types of carbo sources, 20 amino acids, 70+ vitamins and minerals, isoflavonoids, anthocyanins, polyphenols, tannins and isoterpenes for superior aroma, potency and heavy yields.
Sweet Candy also enhances the root zone for optimal beneficial bacteria and fungi growth to help benefit and protect your plants.

New formula now also includes Kelp extract, Fulvic acid and Humic acids!”

Then when I explained that I grow in coco but I do use a couple of microbial products, and asked which they recommend for coco growers, this was their response:

”Coco growers can kind of pick. If you want a lot of organics and carbohydrates go with Sweet Candy. If you want a cleaner pure PK booster go with Bud Explosion.”

Just thought I would share this on the thread, I think I am going to stick with the Bud Explosion for now, as I already have a bucket of the stuff. I might pick up a small bag of the sweet candy and try it out on one plant. If I do so, I will definitely share the results.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I measure each gallon and if I have to add anything, its one to three drops of ph down. Thats been one of the selling points I always thought, the stuff damn near ph's itself. Even when I add the pk booster, its maybe another drop or two. My water is just tap, that has set out for a day or three. I too was scared of those large numbers of n in MC when first started, its beat everything I ever tried for growing. I too hit it hard during veg with 2.5 gms, then 5 gms with the pk booster for bout four weeks into flower, then back off to the 2.5 and skip, then eliminate the pk, finish up with sweet water, last week reg water, voile'. AGain, don't do resevoirs, but Im not seeing much difference in the formulas, other than they keep rockin whatever they are changing. I think they have the ratio figured out, imho, being the trick. My main colas explode on the stuff, once dried, even if seems a lil larfy or green, after dries, burns white, even the trim leaves. Ive also noticed now Im adding my homeade sweet all the way thru the cycle, Im not getting any hollow stems. Not main stems or branches. Not sure if the homeade sweet all the way thru or the megacrop, but I been running lots of variety and its the same on each. When I did use MC and no homeade sweet all the way thru, still had hollows. I think its the epsom salts in my sweet I make, I just mix epsom salts and blackstrap. But thats jme.

So this sweet water you’re using, what does this consist of? I would assume it uses blackstrap as the base? Might have to mix me up a jug of it.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Been talking back and forth with a rep from Greenleaf about the new formula of Sweet Candy. This is copied and pasted from our correspondence, when I asked if they were intended to be used in conjunction with each other:

”You should select Sweet Candy or Bud Explosion to use. There is description here, Sweet Candy has a lot more organics included so maybe you prefer to use that one if you want to add organics into your grow https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/sweet-candy/

Sweet Candy is a premium, full flavor, aroma and yield enhancer … and carbohydrate source all in one! NPK 0-17-28

Specialized for soil-type mediums that can benefit from organics and microbes.
Promotes bolder terpenes, scent, root zone health, beneficial bacteria and vibrant plants.
Contains several different types of carbo sources, 20 amino acids, 70+ vitamins and minerals, isoflavonoids, anthocyanins, polyphenols, tannins and isoterpenes for superior aroma, potency and heavy yields.
Sweet Candy also enhances the root zone for optimal beneficial bacteria and fungi growth to help benefit and protect your plants.

New formula now also includes Kelp extract, Fulvic acid and Humic acids!”

Then when I explained that I grow in coco but I do use a couple of microbial products, and asked which they recommend for coco growers, this was their response:

”Coco growers can kind of pick. If you want a lot of organics and carbohydrates go with Sweet Candy. If you want a cleaner pure PK booster go with Bud Explosion.”

Just thought I would share this on the thread, I think I am going to stick with the Bud Explosion for now, as I already have a bucket of the stuff. I might pick up a small bag of the sweet candy and try it out on one plant. If I do so, I will definitely share the results.
Thanks for posting this. I may change my formula some and switch over to all sweet candy. Mostly because of the media life.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I started mixing my version 3. I like it better than version 1. It smells nicer...and it mixes ok i guess.

I am going to ID a couple of plants and feed them MC for the whole run...hit them with BE and finish them off right. Not too hot this time. 530 bottles full left 15grams pr 5 gallons

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Thanks for posting this. I may change my formula some and switch over to all sweet candy. Mostly because of the media life.
If I would have known this before ordering BE, I probably would too. I just hate that I’ve got 1kg of BE that I suspect I won’t end up using if I like the SC. I’m wondering if there is any reason that mixing the BE & SC wouldn’t be ideal, when I asked the GLN rep about this, they said I should pick one or the other.

I run in coco/perlite, so not a whole lot of colonization in the media itself, but my roots are covered in microbial life and my 3 gal radicle bags are rooted out, so still plenty of microbes to feed.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
So this sweet water you’re using, what does this consist of? I would assume it uses blackstrap as the base? Might have to mix me up a jug of it.
I buy the powdered blackstrap from amazonia, I'll look for links and wal mart epsom, plain, nothin in em. I think I got it memorized now, per gallon its six tbs of epsom to one tbs blackstrap. Ive juiced it up once or twice, but can't tell much diff, so I keep with that recipe. Basically a tbs per gallon of this mixture every watering and I just keep using it and noticing what I notice, but it is cheaper than sweet, and to be honest, if you see what is in FlawlessFinish, thats the same basically as adding a bunch of epsom only last week, if I remember correctly, without double checking. I also use MC BE these last two rounds with my natural sweet with whatever is in that powdered blackstrap and I have no ill effects whatsoever. Whats ironic to me is I use URB and most of the stuff mentioned above that is in Sweet Candy is also mentioned being in the URB, as far as microbes, amino acids, etc. I use URB every watering. I do know if your water is too hot you kill a lot of good stuff in the molasses, etc. Not all.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
If I would have known this before ordering BE, I probably would too. I just hate that I’ve got 1kg of BE that I suspect I won’t end up using if I like the SC. I’m wondering if there is any reason that mixing the BE & SC wouldn’t be ideal, when I asked the GLN rep about this, they said I should pick one or the other.

I run in coco/perlite, so not a whole lot of colonization in the media itself, but my roots are covered in microbial life and my 3 gal radicle bags are rooted out, so still plenty of microbes to feed.
I have mixed the two in a couple of grows and have not noticed any adverse effects. Although i use in moderation i never exceed a gram per gallon of either. After reading what the rep said i think i will just stick to the sweet candy and eliminate the BE. I am about out of the Extreme garden products and i think i will switch over to recharge and give that a shot.