Megacrop thread

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
How is the pricing on the Jacks these days i remember they used to be pretty cheap. Looks like they have several lines out now. If i ever run out of MC i may give Jacks a go.
I ordered a 25 lb bag directly from them and it cost 83 for the fert, tax and shipping.

Im trying the RO ferts this time. Supposed to have added cal mag for systems like mine.

Ive never used any jacks/ masterblend/ ultrasol, GH, miracle grow lol etc etc that didnt mix as bad as mega does. I think its what causes my ph fluctuations.

So far ive used over 66 lbs of mega and it has never mixed well. I have most all their products and pretty much all the same.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I ordered a 25 lb bag directly from them and it cost 83 for the fert, tax and shipping.

Im trying the RO ferts this time. Supposed to have added cal mag for systems like mine.

Ive never used any jacks/ masterblend/ ultrasol, GH, miracle grow lol etc etc that didnt mix as bad as mega does. I think its what causes my ph fluctuations.

So far ive used over 66 lbs of mega and it has never mixed well. I have most all their products and pretty much all the same.
I’ve been heating up a glass of water, mixing the MC in the hot water, and then mixing that into my reservoir, haven’t had any issues mixing going that route.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I’ve been heating up a glass of water, mixing the MC in the hot water, and then mixing that into my reservoir, haven’t had any issues mixing going that route.
That is what i was doing as well when i was running a reservoir. I am back to mixing gallon jugs for a DTW run. I usually mix what i need the day before i use it. After reshaking i really do not see much that has not dissolved. I have also switched from mixing the MC dry. I keep a stock solution of the MC and just shake well before using. Things a going fine using the MC in a DTW system. Once i get thru my supply of MC i may look into another product mostly because of the formula changes. I feel like i am paying for there research and development. I should be done with my bag of MC by 2025 or so.LOL

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
I should be done with my bag of MC by 2025 or so
That's hysterical. I was thinking the same thing yesterday when looking at what I had left. "This is going to last a long time." I've been using it now for 4 or 5 grows and I haven't even dented it. I'm using V2 without issue, but like you, I've been debating using something different once it's gone. I'm used to V2 and I'm not sure if I want to try a different formula either. I wouldn't be surprised when we're ready for something different in 2025, MC will be on V8.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
How is the pricing on the Jacks these days i remember they used to be pretty cheap.
I used hot water mixing mine and you see the results up above. The second bag i had it was heated up on a stove practically boiling.

If it was a high quality product you dont have to do any of that.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
That's hysterical. I was thinking the same thing yesterday when looking at what I had left. "This is going to last a long time." I've been using it now for 4 or 5 grows and I haven't even dented it. I'm using V2 without issue, but like you, I've been debating using something different once it's gone. I'm used to V2 and I'm not sure if I want to try a different formula either. I wouldn't be surprised when we're ready for something different in 2025, MC will be on V8.
I usually go around 3-4 months on a 22.5 lb bag if i do a rez change regularly. I have stopped using it in flower only in veg now and have to add some cal mag with it.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am going to really give MC a go. An actual try now that i have my room dialed in and i know how things work (9 months growing here).

It also took me 2 months to find bud explosion...but all my nutes are now together.

The one thing I hate about it is the green green green harvest. I will sort it out.

But,,,,8,5 pounds left...i will hand feed coco pots only if necessary...or never buy a grow product for life. :S

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I am going to really give MC a go. An actual try now that i have my room dialed in and i know how things work (9 months growing here).

It also took me 2 months to find bud explosion...but all my nutes are now together.

The one thing I hate about it is the green green green harvest. I will sort it out.

But,,,,8,5 pounds left...i will hand feed coco pots only if necessary...or never buy a grow product for life. :S

I like a green harvest as it makes it easier in my centurian trimmer. The little dead leaves are harder to suck out with the exhaust fan that pulls the bud down to the trimmer blades.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I think i can flawless finish the plant for 2 weeks and get it to fade. The biggest problem i have with MC is the funky bacteria stuff. My flood and drains hate it...it swings like a bitch in a bubble bucket and lacks the buffering ability of Advanced Nutrients but...it is 1 10th the price.

And i will run it with pool shock instead of h202 and i think it will work!

So I can learn to figure it out so it works and it visually appeals to me. After that Wedding Dub fade...i want all my plants to do that. I stared at it for 30 minutes while i vaped 2 whips in the big vape.

It made me want to be a painter of flowers...Van Gwheels!...dont touch my ears!

Last edited:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
When your mixing add your shock to the water first, mix it in, then nutes starting with the cal mag G. The pool shock has a much better kill-reaction to anything in your water when it has no nutes in it.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I used hot water mixing mine and you see the results up above. The second bag i had it was heated up on a stove practically boiling.

If it was a high quality product you dont have to do any of that.
Huh, thats strange. i just microwave a glass of water and stir it in for a minute and its good to go from there. never find any particulate or anything in my rez. I even forgot to turn on the air pump in the res last time i mixed it up and still no particulate. I wonder if they have QC issues, and it varies per bag?

i‘ve been loving it so far, I grow in coco and after adding calimagic to my RO, and then MC, the PH usually comes out to 5.9-6.1, and stays there. FWIW, my reservoir is not used to distribute nutrients through a hydro system at all, I just premix nutes and run an air pump through it, then use a gas-can pump to move Nutes from the Rez to my compression sprayer.

also, I have v3, maybe that makes a difference.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
That is what i was doing as well when i was running a reservoir. I am back to mixing gallon jugs for a DTW run. I usually mix what i need the day before i use it. After reshaking i really do not see much that has not dissolved. I have also switched from mixing the MC dry. I keep a stock solution of the MC and just shake well before using. Things a going fine using the MC in a DTW system. Once i get thru my supply of MC i may look into another product mostly because of the formula changes. I feel like i am paying for there research and development. I should be done with my bag of MC by 2025 or so.LOL
Yeah, I‘m feeding DTW as well, I just keep a rez full of pre-mixed Nutes with an air pump running through it.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I don't see why not as a bloom booster. I finally mixed a stock solution of the MC and i am pretty happy how it is working. When you are weighing just a couple of grams i always wondered if i was getting a good mixture of everything that is in there. My first attempt worked out well. I used a 16 0z gatorade bottle and put about 2" of mega crop and the rest was RO water. You have to give it a quick shake and that mixture worked out to 100 ppm's per ml. Even if you are off just record how many ppm's per ml your mix is and adjust accordingly. Just thought it was a little easier to work with like that.
What PPM are you do you want in your final water/nute solution?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
What PPM are you do you want in your final water/nute solution?
@BigBallzWillie about 2-3 weeks from finish just like a staircase i keep stepping down till i get to zero. The last irrigation might be just tap 95 ppm. I might peak out at 800 ppm but usually less. I do think that the more wattage you have the higher the ppm and that is why it can very so much from garden to garden. Prior to using MC the last 2 weeks would always be just tap. MC stated that it does not require flushing for what ever that is worth.lol

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Thanks My well water is 107 ppm and I'm not sure I can get an accurate mix with that scoop. I definitely going with your suggestion of making a concentrate mix. (y)

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yeah, I‘m feeding DTW as well, I just keep a rez full of pre-mixed Nutes with an air pump running through it.
I ran into a bit of a issue with my reservoir while using the Blumats on my last run because of my tap water. For what reason i am not exactly sure why it would become fairly unstable and continually rising and needing adjustments. I have been mixing in 1 gallon jugs for a pretty good while without ever having a issue of rising PH. I mixed mine with very hot water and would then add to the reservoir but i would still get a small amount of material on the bottom ( v2). I had a small circulating running constant as well.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks My well water is 107 ppm and I'm not sure I can get an accurate mix with that scoop. I definitely going with your suggestion of making a concentrate mix. (y)
Mine worked great i put about 2 " of MC in a 20 oz gatorade bottle and the balance i used RO. It came out very close to 100 ppm to 1.0ml. Plus the gatorade bottle does not usually leak when shaking.