Megacrop thread

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I use peroxide but its a battle with MC...once that funk starts it goes stanky fast. We cant get hydroguard or that southern AG one either. Something about the bacterium contained is not approved for Canadian use. Or it is proprietary and they wont say what it is...

I am going to give pool shock a go because it is a lot cheaper...and i think it might be more stable. But i will find out. A many year supply was under 10 bucks. Peroxide is 30 bucks a gallon (29% food grade).
That's kinda strange they don't let you guys have that up there. Is there a Canadian company that makes a similar product? Keeping the compression out? Lol

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Thats a trick question because the mega will not dissolve all the way in your stock solution. You will have to shake it up and have the particles that settled on the bottom stirred up floating around while you pour. And even then your still going to have most of the particles not flow through but immediately settle and float down.

A simple way to do what you want is just multiply by 10. 680 grams in your stock should do 170 gal.

I would use distilled water if i was you.

When i buy nutes and they are usually always dry i always make concentrated stock in 5 gal containers. If it somethibg small like a lb i put it in an old jug and write on the tape what it is and the dilution rate.

How you find the dilution rate is take exactly 5 gal of water or 1 gal whatever you feed with and measure out in ML how much it raises the ppm.

For example 1 gal out of your tap is 200. 10 ml of your concentrate brings it up to 450.
Now you know that 10 ml adds 250 ppm.

So if you want to bump it by 500 ppm you add 20 ml per gal of water. Or if you are like me and have to add cal mag i put in the cal mag and then add 15 ml of solution.

You can adjust it anyway you want if adding cal mag/ bloom booster etc.

Ususlly it will come out to something odd like 18 ml per gal. When just dumping a half a bag into a 5 gal container.

Also you will notice after some time the mega will have slime growing in your concentrate. It is the only dry i have mixed that has ever done this.
Thank you GTS for the response and explanation. After reading the subsequent responses on a stock solution,I'll just stick with my regular measure, pour & stir tech lol.

I forget,but has the white floatie undissolved particulate been mentioned? What is it? It can be scooped up with a strainer but it doesn't have a hard texture which makes me wonder why the fuck it won't dissolve! Crazy,I don't get floaties every time tho.

I do use hot water and a big spoon to crunch those pebbles while stirring.Something I didn't have to do on previous versions...V1 was the bizniz FOR ME.
Maybe me crunching it is messing up something and those pebbles are supposed to dissolve on their own?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I did the crunch thing too. Dont think it matters. I believe there is a reason most wet nutes come in 2 or more bottles. Same with dry, but they don't come into contact till wet. Compatibility at high concentrations they may react. I now mix separate, fully and have next to no fallout.

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yessir,I ran the pink lemonade for a while before I found RIU & Jack's. Jack's is a very clean 2 part. Loved it. If it weren't for Greenleaf advertising and giving out free samples of V1,I'd still be on Jack's.
The local hydro spot,no longer carries Jacks...😠.
Shelves full of dusty bottled bullshit...lol.
@Cob_nUt what did you think of the current pricing at Jacks.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
@Cob_nUt what did you think of the current pricing at Jacks.
I haven't even checked yet Capt. I used to grab the 4lb pails from the local spot. The Jack's & Calnit together was under $30 I pretty much bought them all.
They had a few of the 25 iirc bags also.I can't remember the pricing tho. I do remember back then it was more economical to grab the big bags of both,shipping included.
Guess I should go have a look see.

Just a quick scan of current pricing & their website,call me crazy but it seems the prices went up! They also have more products than I remember, "tap" for one.
Damn. Now it has me questioning my memory on the 4lb pails prices.Being of fickle nature,I know I wasn't paying close to what Google search comes up with now for prices on the pails at least.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I haven't even checked yet Capt. I used to grab the 4lb pails from the local spot. The Jack's & Calnit together was under $30 I pretty much bought them all.
They had a few of the 25 iirc bags also.I can't remember the pricing tho. I do remember back then it was more economical to grab the big bags of both,shipping included.
Guess I should go have a look see.

Just a quick scan of current pricing & their website,call me crazy but it seems the prices went up! They also have more products than I remember, "tap" for one.
Damn. Now it has me questioning my memory on the 4lb pails prices.Being of fickle nature,I know I wasn't paying close to what Google search comes up with now for prices on the pails at least.
That is exactly what i was thinking when i went to the web page the other day. Just kind of had the high price hype look to it and a lot of new products. Maybe the company was sold or something.

SCJedi

Synergist
Someone try to talk me away from Jacks 3-2-1 please. I just mixed up a batch at 75% and something went completely sideways. I fried the fuck out of four new Archive cuts I have and I am beside myself.

While that alone is not enough of a reason to switch I am looking for something dry that is a mix-n-go. Caveat is that I make 25g at a time and this has to sit as it is gravity fed via Blumats. If MC cannot handle sitting without getting funky then I will shut up and move along

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Someone try to talk me away from Jacks 3-2-1 please. I just mixed up a batch at 75% and something went completely sideways. I fried the fuck out of four new Archive cuts I have and I am beside myself.

While that alone is not enough of a reason to switch I am looking for something dry that is a mix-n-go. Caveat is that I make 25g at a time and this has to sit as it is gravity fed via Blumats. If MC cannot handle sitting without getting funky then I will shut up and move along
Check out the floraflex line buddy

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I do have to shake the milk jug a few extra times, but I get mine to all dissolve, even the ok booster. Better luck when let is sit for a minute. Mine don't stink either, lol. I have had it make the milk jug leak at bottom if not rinsed out, whatever that is.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I have both of em. Never really noticed a difference.
I was able to compare what I received from GLN when I ordered their new formulation of Sweet Candy to a buddy of mines Sweet Candy he ordered a couple of months ago, they definitely look different.

it’s strange to me how so many people have issues with MC mixing. Granted I’m on v3,but the only thing I can think of is that I go through a 20 gal res in about 5 days,so that may be part of it, but I’ve never had anything fall out of solution mixing it with hot water and then pouring the hot concentrated solution into my Rez. I always assumed the air pumps is what made a difference, but I’ve seen other people say they have issues even with an air pump. I did read somewhere online that if you’ve got something heating your reservoir, the heater can cause it to fall out of solution, so I’ve avoided using one. I always just heat my RO to room temp, before mixing, and the temps in my house keeps the water where I like it. I wonder if maybe I got a bag that was missing something that’s usually in it 🤷‍♂️