Megacrop thread

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
the megacrop folks offer and advise a booster also. They also claim no flushing needed, and I looked at their numbers and thought no way, but last couple of rounds, I have fed up until one or two last waterings, and I water every other day, sometimes everyday with the heat. And the smoke does not have the green nor heavy nitrogen that you get, especially with hydro if you don't flush. That heavy green, nitrogen taste. JME. I do use just promix/blackgold as the medium. And I almost always just use one to two teaspoons of food to water and they do great, I did try to really drop it down and got some lower leaves yellowing, but the minute I went from half to one teaspoon per gallon, went away. I am doing two tsp right now per gal, but that's not even quite a tablespoon, lol. And not what their feeding calculator says either. But its workin for me. I still love the shit. But I haven't tried their pk booster, but I would, lol
Sorry if this has been discussed already. I am having some issues with MC's BE as far as not dissolving very well. Any input on this?

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
How are you mixing it? I don't have any issues, although it takes more stirring to get it dissolved vs straight megacrop. I put a solo cup on my scale and weigh the mc first, then the bud explosion, then I fill it with hot water and stir it up till dissolved and then dump that into my bucket of water.

If I had to guess it takes an extra 30-45 seconds to mix in the bud explosion over straight mc

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
How are you mixing it? I don't have any issues, although it takes more stirring to get it dissolved vs straight megacrop. I put a solo cup on my scale and weigh the mc first, then the bud explosion, then I fill it with hot water and stir it up till dissolved and then dump that into my bucket of water.

If I had to guess it takes an extra 30-45 seconds to mix in the bud explosion over straight mc
Okay i have been just adding everything to a 1 gal jug and shaking. I usually make my mix 24 hrs in advance. So it gets shaken twice before using. So i guess i will try working with some hot water to see if that helps.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Okay i have been just adding everything to a 1 gal jug and shaking. I usually make my mix 24 hrs in advance. So it gets shaken twice before using. So i guess i will try working with some hot water to see if that helps.
this is what I do, lol, sometimes more shaking than others, but I use a liquid homeade calmagsweet, instead of BE, so that's not a prob for me. I do have some big clumps, and my water is lukewarm from sitting a day out, I have to do the hokey pokey hippie hippie shake, but in an extra minute or two I can geit it all dissolved. I keep meaning to add to jug night before, but forgetting, lol I'd say premix is the way to go. jmho

TrichsRus

Is anyone having issues with ph rise? I'm mixing 1g per gallon of epsom and 4g Mega crop. I end up with 680 ppm( on the 500 scale) and 6.0 ph. After 24 hours, the ph had drifted up to 6.6. I thought maybe it was reacting to my plants, but I mixed up a 30 gallon reservoir and haven't cycled it yet and I ended up with the same results.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Since I went to V2 is been pretty stable for me. And since it warmed up this summer I might have a 2 point drift over the course of a week. When it was cooler out it didn't drift much at all. That's the only connection I can put my finger on.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
My one beef with mega is that it doesn’t drop my ph like the 1 part I was using before. It’s so much cheaper tho. I’ve been using 1/4 gh biothrive bloom 3/4 mega crop. The organic gh products drop the ph waaay to much so it works out. Seems to be working mixing the two. I just don’t like using ph down a bunch in peat and soil so I’ll just have to order a bottle of bio thrive cause I’m running out of the old bottle I had around. Anyone think this is not what I should be up too? Thoughts? Does mega even really need extra cal mag in soil? That could help being ph down also I suppose

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
My one beef with mega is that it doesn’t drop my ph like the 1 part I was using before. It’s so much cheaper tho. I’ve been using 1/4 gh biothrive bloom 3/4 mega crop. The organic gh products drop the ph waaay to much so it works out. Seems to be working mixing the two. I just don’t like using ph down a bunch in peat and soil so I’ll just have to order a bottle of bio thrive cause I’m running out of the old bottle I had around. Anyone think this is not what I should be up too? Thoughts? Does mega even really need extra cal mag in soil? That could help being ph down also I suppose
Same for me too. My veg feed takes a bit of down, but my flower feed with SC and BE doesn't need much.

TrichsRus

...but other than that, the Heisen garden looks great. I only started using the epsom because of purple leaf stems ,striping on the stalk and new growth leaf twist. Running bridezilla, gg4, adub and 1 BBC.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Is anyone having issues with ph rise? I'm mixing 1g per gallon of epsom and 4g Mega crop. I end up with 680 ppm( on the 500 scale) and 6.0 ph. After 24 hours, the ph had drifted up to 6.6. I thought maybe it was reacting to my plants, but I mixed up a 30 gallon reservoir and haven't cycled it yet and I ended up with the same results.
I was thinking that 680 is pretty high for 4g MC and 1 g Epsom. That would put me under 550ppm with tap water. Might be worth investigating.

TrichsRus

Maybe it's my setup. I hit a lil over 500 @ 4 gpg. I need to mix some up tonight, I'll check my numbers, lol.
I went ahead and mixed up 2 1gallon jugs of water. 1 has 4g MC. It came out to 1.2 ec or 600ppm(500scale). The 2nd has 4g MC and 1g epsom. It came out to 720 ppm and 6.0. I'll measure in 24 hours and then in 48. Keep in mind my tap was at 60ppm and 6.8 ph