Megacrop thread

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I went ahead and mixed up 2 1gallon jugs of water. 1 has 4g MC. It came out to 1.2 ec or 600ppm(500scale). The 2nd has 4g MC and 1g epsom. It came out to 720 ppm and 6.0. I'll measure in 24 hours and then in 48. Keep in mind my tap was at 60ppm and 6.8 ph
Ok so maybe I need a new meter. I don't check ppm too much, I have a handful of feeds that I use for different sets of plants. And I've used them for quite a while. It's probably been 6 weeks since I used my pen. I'll be ordering a new pen today, lol. I came up with.....
105-tap
Add 4 grams mc = 403
1 gram SC = 458
+2ml calmag = 515 for the solution.
515ppm seems low to me, so it's gotta be my pen.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I love the mega crop...best nutes for soil I ever used...well back in late 90s and early 2000 earth juice was my go to...but they changed there recipe for the worse. Used to be thick stuff now just like water.
So glad other grower were posting on megacrop...wont use nothing else now.

TrichsRus

I went ahead and mixed up 2 1gallon jugs of water. 1 has 4g MC. It came out to 1.2 ec or 600ppm(500scale). The 2nd has 4g MC and 1g epsom. It came out to 720 ppm and 6.0. I'll measure in 24 hours and then in 48. Keep in mind my tap was at 60ppm and 6.8 ph
Well after 24 hours jug 1 is 580ppm and 6.0 ph. #2 is 680ppm and 6.0. Hmmm. After adjusting main res to 5.9, it has risen to 6.1 and holding steady. I will leave it there.

D

Deleted member 60

I'm definitely liking the MegaCrap. Everything I put it on likes the MegaCrap.

Bought the big bag...twice. Second time around I bought some of the amendments as well.

Doing so definitely helped me break it all down/deconstruct it all a bit visually.

Buying a bag of Cal Mag clued me in that those little balls are definitely the Cal-Mag AND the Nitrogen in the mix. Hitting bloom.....I am a bit leary of using the uber-hot Bud Explosion....but i think a little boost of "bloom" would be nice about now. That got me thinking. What if I screened out the little balls? In my mind...by doing so I would end up with a more bloom based mix.....basically....MegaCrap without all that N.

I figured it couldn't hurt......so I screened out the little balls and gave em a good dose of the stinky brown....

and the screened out little balls got tossed on the lawn..... :ROFLMAO:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm definitely liking the MegaCrap. Everything I put it on likes the MegaCrap.

Bought the big bag...twice. Second time around I bought some of the amendments as well.

Doing so definitely helped me break it all down/deconstruct it all a bit visually.

Buying a bag of Cal Mag clued me in that those little balls are definitely the Cal-Mag AND the Nitrogen in the mix. Hitting bloom.....I am a bit leary of using the uber-hot Bud Explosion....but i think a little boost of "bloom" would be nice about now. That got me thinking. What if I screened out the little balls? In my mind...by doing so I would end up with a more bloom based mix.....basically....MegaCrap without all that N.

I figured it couldn't hurt......so I screened out the little balls and gave em a good dose of the stinky brown....

and the screened out little balls got tossed on the lawn..... :ROFLMAO:
I would love to hear how your plants respond, do you plan on doing this through flower? I'm curious how it works out. You don't think it's too much kelp for flower?

D

Deleted member 60

I don't worry about the kelp as much as that "9" on the N rating. Besides....aren't most MC users using it straight out of the bag through bloom? If so...that kelp is in there WITH the N. The only detriment I can see to using the product at all is that it almost works too well and if you don;t back off the N at the end of bloom...you're plants will be green, green, green rather than fade to nice colors. That's my opinion. More exposure may change it but for now i think this is gonna work. We will see. Still proceeding in VERY reserved mode with all of it. They want to sell ferts so I always believe they tell you to run far too hot. Again...just my opinion.

I guess this is just my Mad Scientist bent rearing it's head. Running organics for so long...I'm used to tweekin shit and trying different stuff...and I'm having to hold back from adding shit into the mix like I used to do along the way. This'll work good...plop....so will this...plop....and maybe a shot of this..plop. LOL.

Either way...I have no doubt the girls will respond well. They just always do. It's what they're made to do!

best of luck all......

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't worry about the kelp as much as that "9" on the N rating. Besides....aren't most MC users using it straight out of the bag through bloom? If so...that kelp is in there WITH the N. The only detriment I can see to using the product at all is that it almost works too well and if you don;t back off the N at the end of bloom...you're plants will be green, green, green rather than fade to nice colors. That's my opinion. More exposure may change it but for now i think this is gonna work. We will see. Still proceeding in VERY reserved mode with all of it. They want to sell ferts so I always believe they tell you to run far too hot. Again...just my opinion.

I guess this is just my Mad Scientist bent rearing it's head. Running organics for so long...I'm used to tweekin shit and trying different stuff...and I'm having to hold back from adding shit into the mix like I used to do along the way. This'll work good...plop....so will this...plop....and maybe a shot of this..plop. LOL.

Either way...I have no doubt the girls will respond well. They just always do. It's what they're made to do!

best of luck all......
You bring up a good point. I've seen people run 5-6+ grams through flower and keep thing their plants are hungry. I'm sure it brings its own set of issues. I'm not sure how much kelp is in MC, I'm not around to look at the bag. Or how strong the kelp is rather. I guess it would be obvious if there was excessive stretch. Good luck with your tinkering.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
My mixing is going a lot better now using hot water to mix the MC and BE. I just use two plastic measuring cups and pour a half a cup or better of water from a gal jug that you will put your mix in. Put the dry mix all in one cup put the other cup (with the water) in the microwave for 60 seconds. Then pour that into the cup that has the dry mix stir for a little bit then dump that cup back into the gallon jug it came from shake a little done ready to use.

D

Deleted member 60

You bring up a good point. I've seen people run 5-6+ grams through flower and keep thing their plants are hungry. I'm sure it brings its own set of issues. I'm not sure how much kelp is in MC, I'm not around to look at the bag. Or how strong the kelp is rather. I guess it would be obvious if there was excessive stretch. Good luck with your tinkering.
@macsnax .....Looking at the bag it's not clear to me where the kelp comes in...if there's kelp in there at all. They do have a kelp amendment they sell off to the side.....I used it twice early on. All-in-all...I'm just trying to keep using the formula....sans of all that N. Even with screening it there are smaller balls of N that are present so I know it isn't removing all of it. A little N is good, IMO,,,,,too much...not so. Like I say...I'd love to see some colors/fade....so I'd rather back off and suffer a bit on overall yields than to jam the Hell out of em all the way to the finish line in full on green mode.

@Capt C .....I mix/irrigate from a 55 gallon barrel stirred with a big stick...LOL. I'll run over a couple of times during a watering sesh and give it a good stir. Other than that it's >dump and go< here.....LOL.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
@macsnax .....Looking at the bag it's not clear to me where the kelp comes in...if there's kelp in there at all. They do have a kelp amendment they sell off to the side.....I used it twice early on. All-in-all...I'm just trying to keep using the formula....sans of all that N. Even with screening it there are smaller balls of N that are present so I know it isn't removing all of it. A little N is good, IMO,,,,,too much...not so. Like I say...I'd love to see some colors/fade....so I'd rather back off and suffer a bit on overall yields than to jam the Hell out of em all the way to the finish line in full on green mode.

@Capt C .....I mix/irrigate from a 55 gallon barrel stirred with a big stick...LOL. I'll run over a couple of times during a watering sesh and give it a good stir. Other than that it's >dump and go< here.....LOL.
Man that’s quite the hack if it works. I’m going to try it as well. I’ll save the little bawlz and pair em with a 2-4-4 bloom fert I don’t use anymore, and try using that on some plants in veg. Waste not want not. (I don’t have a lawn just weeds and they don’t need the help)
Will you be adding cal mag to your mix after sifting some out? (provided thats in the bawlz with the N) or do you figure there’s enough in your water + what’s still in the megaturd?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

The MC was not bad the culprit is the BE but seems to do okay with the hot water.

D

Deleted member 60

Indoors in small pots shit happens fast. In 30's and up....it's a bit harder to stop the train. With organics there's really no stopping it whatsoever. I just take them bitches down when they are done or I'm sick of babying them along in the cold/etc.

When I look at that feed chart on the MC site I just kinda freak...LOL. That's a lot of damn fertilizer for a complete grow. @ 4 grams per I'd use 220 grams every time. I've just been dialing up their calculator and saying I'm mixing 18 gallons (1/3rd of 55) or 27 gallons rather than 55....and that shows me what to mix for 1/3 to 1/2 strength. Every other watering I just fill the bucket that has a bit of leftover fert in it and go. I can't even imagine jammin them that hard. They do fine with less, IMO.

D

Deleted member 60

Will you be adding cal mag to your mix after sifting some out? (provided thats in the bawlz with the N) or do you figure there’s enough in your water + what’s still in the megaturd?
I use a micronute package here and there during veg....and though it doesn't have Cal-Mag...I never see those types of deficiencies outdoors. >>>Knock on wood<<< IF I do with the MC....I'll grab a product without the N. No way I'd dump that on my flowering plants. I'd let em suffer the MG/Ca problem first....LOL.

Outside you get monsters >without< hittin em so hard. If I was running UC's again though....BAM....

Gonna bet that the balls.....the BE...the Sweet Candy.....and their enzymes are all mixed together in the MC. That's why I think takin the balls out will work AOK.