Megacrop thread

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Ah ha....root farm soilless media was the problem. It was closer than the hydro store and i ran out of coco so it should work....but it doesnt.
It has wood and vermiculite/peat in it but not like organic soil. Like water locks in the pot for 10 days vermiculite. It smelled like wet going to rot soon roots in the pot when i dumped it out.

I have a bag around someplace i might have to try with tomatoes or something.

And it made things funky because it was in 1 pot on the system and 2 pots on the other. I transplated all to pure coco with an inch of growstones for aeration.

No more plugged lines too. Things are shaping up again.

Walter White was looking really last episode there for a while but I think I talked him into growing gangster for me.

Later i get to pick all the growstones and hydroton out of the rootfarm crap....good times.

:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Ah ha....root farm soilless media was the problem. It was closer than the hydro store and i ran out of coco so it should work....but it doesnt.
It has wood and vermiculite/peat in it but not like organic soil. Like water locks in the pot for 10 days vermiculite. It smelled like wet going to rot soon roots in the pot when i dumped it out.

I have a bag around someplace i might have to try with tomatoes or something.

And it made things funky because it was in 1 pot on the system and 2 pots on the other. I transplated all to pure coco with an inch of growstones for aeration.

No more plugged lines too. Things are shaping up again.

Walter White was looking really last episode there for a while but I think I talked him into growing gangster for me.

Later i get to pick all the growstones and hydroton out of the rootfarm crap....good times.

:D
Glad you got it sorted out gwheels.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
For me its the wood. The first time i attempted outdoor growing i got triple mix. The wood has to be composted and if its sticks we might have a problem...

I sure as hell did.

But I learned enough to know what was killing walter. And the roots were good and all it was just suffocated. The plant was seriously abused but it is Walter. I might have to take cutting of the end result because if it survives it will be resilient to say the least. I started beating this seed up a long time ago.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
had a lil tidbit to share, make of it what you will. This week had my seedling goin, etc, got till end of month on harvest of other plants, blah blah, anyhow. Everything in flower tent. Hit the flowering tent with double what I been feedin em, same on youngins. The twisting leaves on small ones that I thought might be mutants straightened up, look normal all in two days and kicked them in the arse. Frost popped out on flowering plants. I believe I may begin feeding more than I had been, but not too much. Am fighting a lil heat issue, think I got it borderline workable/fixed, lol. I believe for two weeks or so feed em the half teaspoon, then go to full teaspoon, which I believe is 5 ml, thru the rest of cycle. jmho and jme

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The sample will go full round for that for sure. 300 grams works out to 16, 5 gallon bottles full of 900TDS solution.

Any problems i have are related to my gear. MC is pretty easy and i think i will use it exclusively forever now just for its simplicity.

I will side by side something with a GH run to get rid of the full quart bottles i have not used but after that it is MC all the way.

WermBerner

Getting ready to pull the trigger on some MC to test out with Promix HP... Have been a living soil grower for the last 5 years and am just not happy with the returns VS what I used to pull with bottled salts so here I am blasphemously going back to salts 😅

Question for you MC users...

Sounds like their CalMag is not very nice to dissolve into water, and may be more of a pain than anything.

What are you all using for additional Ca/Mg? The MC product or some other bottled/dry product...

All we can currently get here in canada is the 20LB bag of MC so I guess I'm committing hard 😂🤔

Last edited:

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
extra 2 minutes of shaking a gallon jug, I handwater mine, mix by the gallon, will dissolve those pellets, and my zipper has went completely out on my bag, and I havent put in any air tight container yet, so I got chunks. I'd say smart money says to premix, its' almost perfect ph itselfs. I only add URB, which is some humic acids and a special mix of microbes for innoculant and only other thing I use is homeade, cal/mag/sweet all in one, but I use that water throughout, not just flowering. Been workin great for me. I won't buy nothing else, between it and the URB. But JME and JMHO, and Im not pro by a long shot.

WermBerner

extra 2 minutes of shaking a gallon jug, I handwater mine, mix by the gallon, will dissolve those pellets, and my zipper has went completely out on my bag, and I havent put in any air tight container yet, so I got chunks. I'd say smart money says to premix, its' almost perfect ph itselfs. I only add URB, which is some humic acids and a special mix of microbes for innoculant and only other thing I use is homeade, cal/mag/sweet all in one, but I use that water throughout, not just flowering. Been workin great for me. I won't buy nothing else, between it and the URB. But JME and JMHO, and Im not pro by a long shot.
Sounds good Bodyne! I have tons of bennies from all my living soil stuff still.

Ill go ahead and get the calmagpro then. Will update as things progress, have lots of seeds started waiting for this MC run👌

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So far i am sold on megacrop. It will be my only nute because it is very simple. And if i have to add calmag i use the GH version. 10ml per 5 gallons usually bumps me up about 150PPM and i megacrop from there.

After not using calmag at all i do notice deficiencies at around week 4 to 5 of flower so i will just calmag it forever from now on.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Getting ready to pull the trigger on some MC to test out with Promix HP... Have been a living soil grower for the last 5 years and am just not happy with the returns VS what I used to pull with bottled salts so here I am blasphemously going back to salts 😅

Question for you MC users...

Sounds like their CalMag is not very nice to dissolve into water, and may be more of a pain than anything.

What are you all using for additional Ca/Mg? The MC product or some other bottled/dry product...

All we can currently get here in canada is the 20LB bag of MC so I guess I'm committing hard 😂🤔
Dont be afraid to mix methods.
WCaP made from eggshells is a great source of Ca and IMO MC has more N than I want so tapering it to reduce N and using WCaP for an orginc source has Ca, P, and K in it. Can still use epsom which I do for sulfur and pickle crisp (CaCl), am really liking feeding Ca and Mg seperately, I dont understand the industry standard of Cal mag as they are antagonists in terms of plant uptake. It is like they are adsorbed at the same rate regardless of what the plant needs. I am off MC for now, having fun doing it my way now an even more blasphemous mix of organic and salts!

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
All mega crop ferts I mix it up in a small cup before I add it to my water. It dissolves good that way.
Only one I see that don't dissolve to much is the bud explosion.

I find for every 10 grams of mega crop my ph lowers 2 points. So I place my water 2 points higher...then when I add I have 6.5 right on the button.
See I grow in really rich soil so I don't need to add ferts till week 3 ...and when I do I only add half the amount....that works excellent for me.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
yep, humidity where Im at, mine ballin up in a weeks time, I just go ahead throw some in the jug night before. Don't have to shake the jug near as much. Double check ph, but its never off more than two or three drops of ph down, if that. Im using black gold cause no promix close. Great results. Matter of fact, I tried what is considered full veg feeding on my seedling, as I had just a lil left from the bigger plants, and all that seemed to do was kick em in the ass and get hungry. I love this shit. Between it and URB and I do make a stronger cal/mag/sweet homeade via riu, and I do water with that cal mag thoughtout the plant life, not just flower. All Im using. Not one problem whatsoever. I almost can't believe it.

D

Deleted member 60

See I grow in really rich soil so I don't need to add ferts till week 3 ...and when I do I only add half the amount....that works excellent for me.
Your experience mirrors mine @Mr Blamo. I've yet...if I ever do...to go full strength with the MC or any of the additives. Re-used soil and big pots have me a bit wary. This is potent stuff for a long time organic grower who is used to things happening on a completely different time frame.....aka...slow and steady. I don't wanna step on these too hard ...especially too late...and then not be able to even come close to winding things down. (something that isn't a worry in an organic grow) Seems like the MC works FAST...but is SLOW to leave the medium. It's hard to "flush" 30 gallon pots...even over a few weeks time.

That brings up a question. Has anyone done and side-by-sides/etc. or played around with using bloom ferts as "boosters" at the onset of flower? Even as an organic guy...I'll admit that when I was heavy in production and trying to keep up with demand I would use a 13/14 PK and give em a one-time hit in week 4-5. I have not, however, ever intro'd a targeted dose of P/K early on in flower to (supposedly) "boost" things along.

Anybody have any insight/experience here? I know from running the hydro shop that the fert companies are heavy-handed on applications as it is...cus they wanna sell you ferts...and more shit on top of that. I'm on the fence cus I know things will progress anyway....just kinda wonderin' and value what you guys think.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
the megacrop folks offer and advise a booster also. They also claim no flushing needed, and I looked at their numbers and thought no way, but last couple of rounds, I have fed up until one or two last waterings, and I water every other day, sometimes everyday with the heat. And the smoke does not have the green nor heavy nitrogen that you get, especially with hydro if you don't flush. That heavy green, nitrogen taste. JME. I do use just promix/blackgold as the medium. And I almost always just use one to two teaspoons of food to water and they do great, I did try to really drop it down and got some lower leaves yellowing, but the minute I went from half to one teaspoon per gallon, went away. I am doing two tsp right now per gal, but that's not even quite a tablespoon, lol. And not what their feeding calculator says either. But its workin for me. I still love the shit. But I haven't tried their pk booster, but I would, lol

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have had a harvest start to end with Megacrop. The end product is very nice. It needs a bit more of a cure to take out some harshness but flavor and density were very good.

After doing the run I think i will stick to 5ml of calmagic and 2 1/2 grams of Epsom Salts and 17 grams of MC per 5 gallons of RO water (PH 5.8 to 5.9) I am in water and coco systems and pots so that 5.5 to 5.9 works for me and i keep it in that range with PH drops if i have to.

After the stretch 2 to 3 grams of Bud Explosion. This gets me to PH 5.6 to 5.7

TDS is 1000 if I remember right.

Thats how i will do it from now on. I went a little hotter than that and got the slightest tip burn. Healthiest plants I have grown yet. I have enough from the 6 pound bag to last 1 more solid year at least maybe 2. For 40 bucks..Insane.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
I still haven't bought any and I've been using it for over a year now I think lol. Only bought some bud explosion, I'm still riding on free samples. That 750g sample of the new formula has lasted a long time. I will probably need to buy some by the time this flower cycle is up.

I love the fact I don't need any ph down in flower. The bud explosion takes it down perfectly.

D

Deleted member 60

Thanks guys. I ended up just throwing all caution to the wind and gave them the set dosage for "early bloom", complete with all of the amendments except the Cal-Mag. (too much nitrogen for my needs/tastes). I've been very reserved so far...but I think it's time to give 'em a few good shots and then reverse the process and wind 'em down with 1/3 and 1/4 doses before the plain water regime' at the end.