Megacrop thread

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Ok so maybe I need a new meter. I don't check ppm too much, I have a handful of feeds that I use for different sets of plants. And I've used them for quite a while. It's probably been 6 weeks since I used my pen. I'll be ordering a new pen today, lol. I came up with.....
105-tap
Add 4 grams mc = 403
1 gram SC = 458
+2ml calmag = 515 for the solution.
515ppm seems low to me, so it's gotta be my pen.
Your meter may be fine Mac. Different manufacturers or regions have different number for ec readings at the same scale.
Blue Lab 0.1 EC PPM 50
Hanna " " " 50 USA
Eutech 64 European
Truncheon. 70 Australian.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I run MC @ 4gs per gal with tapwater of EC.4 180-215ish ppm (500 scale) from seedling to flower.I get higher ppm tapwater in the summer Final ppm after mixing 1.5-1.6 MC in .1.5 - 1.6 till chop.
Some plants fade,some don't by the time I decide they are done. Soiless mix of perlite and calcined clay.
Blue lab TDS and EC meter. The pen kit.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Indoors in small pots shit happens fast. In 30's and up....it's a bit harder to stop the train. With organics there's really no stopping it whatsoever. I just take them bitches down when they are done or I'm sick of babying them along in the cold/etc.

When I look at that feed chart on the MC site I just kinda freak...LOL. That's a lot of damn fertilizer for a complete grow. @ 4 grams per I'd use 220 grams every time. I've just been dialing up their calculator and saying I'm mixing 18 gallons (1/3rd of 55) or 27 gallons rather than 55....and that shows me what to mix for 1/3 to 1/2 strength. Every other watering I just fill the bucket that has a bit of leftover fert in it and go. I can't even imagine jammin them that hard. They do fine with less, IMO.
Have you tried, weighing it out grams per gallon? I find it easier to get where I want to be. Might be worth a try.

D

Deleted member 60

Have you tried, weighing it out grams per gallon? I find it easier to get where I want to be. Might be worth a try.
My scale is somewhere around here...but I don't even weigh weed anymore so i have no clue where the fuck that is. :ROFLMAO: Ditto the pH pen/Trimeter/Truncheon/etc.

I'm not really having a problem seeing what my plants >need<. As a personal grower these days...I go easy/slow and I just don't use as much fert as they say to use on those feeding schedules because I can't really water to runoff in these big pots. Using less makes guessing easy. I know they get fed but I'm not in that tip-burning zone/etc. where a lot of those schedules take folks. If they need something/more/less I simply adjust and start watching yet again.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Anyone using a pk boost that is not bud explosion, that might be available in a hydro shop? Didn't realize how low I was on it, and I'm not sure if it will get shipped here before I run out.

Might just order some, and if it doesn't get here in time I'll just miss a week of it and hope for the best. I had issues without it on the v1 of megacrop, but haven't tried without on the v2 so it might work out ok.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
I figured as much, but I'm weary of changing shit up in the middle of flower. I'm gonna order me some up today and if it doesn't get here in time, I'll see if the hydro shop has a sample of something that will tide me over for a feed or two.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
A sample would be good. The good thing about the BE (and MPP in general) is it is fuckin cheap as Hell. They'll tag you for $12-15 for 100 g's of MOAB whereas you can buy 750 g of BE for about the same outlay of cash.
That is one nice thing about that company is the pricing is very reasonable. Great support and good results with the product . Winning combination in my book. Most of the nute company's want to charge as much as they can get away with for there products. I think MC will do well unless somehow crushed by the competition ( big money).

Jewels

Bon~Fire
@TrichsRus
...but other than that, the Heisen garden looks great. I only started using the epsom because of purple leaf stems ,striping on the stalk and new growth leaf twist. Running bridezilla, gg4, adub and 1 BBC.
Are these not common traits with gg4 and whereby the zilla as well ?

I actually stopped by this thread because I was thinking about fade off.
I see these MC plants come fresh as a daisy, green as can be, right through the finish line.
I see @stiickygreen beat me to it. Still curious.

I kinda like seeing a plant good and dead.
Why is that ?
Is it because all the pretty colours remind me of the fundraiser puzzle pieces that @Uncle Romulus gave me ?
,,,just say'n
20190702_231128.jpg

Really, there is taste and there is potency.
Those be the all and all.
Does harvesting a vibrant "green" plant improve those criteria ?
Or samesame ?

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
@TrichsRus

I see these MC plants come fresh as a daisy, green as can be, right through the finish line.

Why is that ?
Is it because all the pretty colours remind me of the fundraiser puzzle pieces that @Uncle Romulus gave me ?
,,,just say'n
View attachment 17537

Or samesame ?
Wow. Beauty!
I personally keep a bottle of general oragnic bio thrive bloom around. I can only put 3-400 ppm in my mix before it takes the ph down to ridiculous levels so I just use that at the end to fade (2-4-4) . Since I use so little a quart gets me like 6 months at least. I use mega besides. I started using mega because I found it to be a granular that is most like botanicare pure blend pro which I loved but was too expensive to ship. It’s prob better honestly but damn that pure blend is user friendly

D

Deleted member 60

@Jewels ......Thanks for chiming in. It will be interesting to see how my OD girls finish up with the MC. If you've checked my thread you'll see I'm leary of the shit..LOL...and I've been goin easy. Thinking about a couple of full blasts right now/in the next week or so though cus they are sitting right there in the edge of exploding...then go back to bein' scared...

Interesting stuff Unc. I've used that stuff before and never realize it dropped the pH...cus I don; check any of that anymore. Prolly worked well here cus my well hovers about 8....and the creek is over 7.... heehee. I'm just an old hack.

TrichsRus

@TrichsRus

Why is that ?
,,,just say'n
View attachment 17537

Or samesame ?
Ya, I was hoping someone would chime in, as I'm new to GG4 s1s and its crosses. I've heard those are characteristics, but I'm also trying MC for the first time. I just wanted to be sure. Everything is happy and healthy other than the mentioned issues.