Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
@macsnax and @SCJedi. Okay things are going better on this round. While i am not at all sure i have them dialed in i was definitely not giving enough time to start working. They have all started dripping finally ( almost 48 hrs for a couple of them to start dripping). I also revisited the instructions They are saying to tighten 2 full arrows. I only tightened 1 full arrow on this round. I did have one that started to drip to fast and had to adjust that but that is the only one so far. @SCJedi once the drip starts does it stay dripping or only when needed.

SCJedi

Synergist
@macsnax and @SCJedi. Okay things are going better on this round. While i am not at all sure i have them dialed in i was definitely not giving enough time to start working. They have all started dripping finally ( almost 48 hrs for a couple of them to start dripping). I also revisited the instructions They are saying to tighten 2 full arrows. I only tightened 1 full arrow on this round. I did have one that started to drip to fast and had to adjust that but that is the only one so far. @SCJedi once the drip starts does it stay dripping or only when needed.
Only when needed.

For what it is worth I go through once a week or so and scoop water out of my reservoir pour it in each container and reset each carrot, primarily if the container feels lightweight.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Keep fighting the good fight man, you'll get it figured out.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Also big ups to Mac for finding the f2:mom of the CnC f3s made by @SSGrower , I believe, if I'm not mistaken. Real gems in those f3s. Wow. Way impressed with how that line was worked by you guys, just sayin
Thank you man, I made the f2's though, so those f3's are all @SSGrower selections. However the last few pages of pics are all offspring of the CNC "starchild" pheno that made the f2's. She's a good one and breeds really well.

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Only when needed.

For what it is worth I go through once a week or so and scoop water out of my reservoir pour it in each container and reset each carrot, primarily if the container feels lightweight.
I've been doing that myself for the last couple months. I think it makes a difference on the runaways. There for a while everytime I noticed one of my coco pots got too dry, I would have a runaway.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I guarantee one thing Mac . On my next run i will have those carrots were i can access them a little easier. Basterds are are killing me having to reach the ones in the back corner. I got 3 more weeks to go and i am counting the days. Mac my next run i am trying the FlorFlex Quick Fill 2 gallon. If they work well i can not think of a easier way to go. Step 1 add water. Step 2 throw away or recycle.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I guarantee one thing Mac . On my next run i will have those carrots were i can access them a little easier. Basterds are are killing me having to reach the ones in the back corner. I got 3 more weeks to go and i am counting the days. Mac my next run i am trying the FlorFlex Quick Fill 2 gallon. If they work well i can not think of a easier way to go. Step 1 add water. Step 2 throw away or recycle.
I bought some a couple weeks ago, I've just been waiting on the next round, lol. I think that move alone will simplify and make the carrots operate smoother. We'll have to compare notes on these for sure.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So @Capt C have you checked out the floraflex coco yet? Like the stuff that's in those bags you have?
No i have not even unpacked the box yet. When are are you starting yours? Also did they send you anything extra when you received yours?. I am doing better with the Blumats but far from getting them dialed in. Seems like about 6 out of 12 plants start getting to dry. I am thinking things will go smoother on the next round. I will set up a little different so can access the carrots better.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
No i have not even unpacked the box yet. When are are you starting yours? Also did they send you anything extra when you received yours?. I am doing better with the Blumats but far from getting them dialed in. Seems like about 6 out of 12 plants start getting to dry. I am thinking things will go smoother on the next round. I will set up a little different so can access the carrots better.
Ya they sent me a big ass brick of coco that I didn't order. Idk what that's all about, lol. Maybe you should hydrate a chunk and check it out. Quality is lacking a little bit, and I'm committed at this point with 8 1 gal bags on bm's. In the past I went to pre mix coco because I didn't like the quality of bricks. I'm kinda anal about my coco. It could just be my opinion, might save you a headache too though. A lot of pith, a lil grass trimmings, and a leaf.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Ya they sent me a big ass brick of coco that I didn't order. Idk what that's all about, lol. Maybe you should hydrate a chunk and check it out. Quality is lacking a little bit, and I'm committed at this point with 8 1 gal bags on bm's. In the past I went to pre mix coco because I didn't like the quality of bricks. I'm kinda anal about my coco. It could just be my opinion, might save you a headache too though. A lot of pith, a lil grass trimmings, and a leaf.
I will check them out Mac. Those Blumats will be nice on the containers that small. My next go will be 12 2 gallon containers. I have been using the botanicare coco bricks for some time now and never had any complaints. I am to afraid of bugs in the already mixed stuff. What are your thoughts on the plastic grow bags so far. I personally have never grown anything in a square container.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I will check them out Mac. Those Blumats will be nice on the containers that small. My next go will be 12 2 gallon containers. I have been using the botanicare coco bricks for some time now and never had any complaints. I am to afraid of bugs in the already mixed stuff. What are your thoughts on the plastic grow bags so far. I personally have never grown anything in a square container.
I dig square pots/bags, better for the roots imo. And these bags are pretty sweet. I did expect that they didn't have holes in the bottom, but they do. Just a heads up, you'll need a tray or saucers.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I dig square pots/bags, better for the roots imo. And these bags are pretty sweet. I did expect that they didn't have holes in the bottom, but they do. Just a heads up, you'll need a tray or saucers.
Mac i forgot to tell you out of 12 plants none had any kind of root growth around the feed tube like yours did. Any thoughts on that? I have been using Extreme gardens Mycrohaze up until the 5th or 6th week of flowering. The plants don't really look they have any root issues.