M4S73R's Lazy Organic No Till Garden

m4s73r

The Laziest
I did same thing I also made Scrog screen that moved with made tying up plants so much easier didn't have enough room to move around the planters so I wheeled it to door entrance you'll love it....
its already been nice to be able to roll them around/spin them.
Is the bed in the pan like a SIP or are there holes to allow it to air prune?
The bed is sitting ontop of 16 plastic deck savers inside the flood tray. Came highly recommended for this application.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
LOL Well i wouldnt brag about that. Nope that price was for all 8 shipped to my front door.
We bought a chair for our home office which has hardwood floors. The casters that came with the chair were hard plastic and were sure to fuckup the floor. So I bought neoprene casters. I think there are 5 on the chair and they cost almost as much as the chair!

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well at some point I'll get in there and defoliate. I will proly get the upper trellis up once stretch is over. For some reason when I made this bed I used thin walled stuff... not sure what was going on at the time but I updated that with sch40. I have to say im over the watering system. The Beehive units software is complete and utter garbage. So this is going to go manual with a sprayer and hose. Im going to swap the beehive unit for a water flow meter and shut off valve. I'm not on the road anymore so I dont really need it to be automated.

1667161736071.png

1667161798388.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
Its pretty amazing how fast these plants can get big on you. 12 days in bloom. Nothing but water only. Going to defoliate this weekend.

1667435809302.png

Got the parts in to change my watering system to a manual one. Wish I would have done this sooner. Very happy with it.
1667436234499.png 1667436270022.png

Next up, I need to get the drain line ran for the dehumidifier. Fan is doing ok but once these are raging we're going to need it. Irrometer will be here friday. Excited about that. No more guessing how moist the soil is.

This is almost like starting over. Letting your soil dry out like I did can take its toll. But not something that we cant get back up and running quickly. I may need to get some worms. I have not seen any stirring yet. I can also still see some of the sides are a bit dry. More to come.

Salute m4s73r, have you ever considered maybe turning your amazingly well built and mobile grow beds into a BIG ASS MEGA SIP 5000 to fix you watering woes? I am kinda high atm but guessing with a strategically placed water barrel in the corner with a run of hose to a float valve inside your flood tray you could leave town for a few weeks no problem.

Your plants are beasting man (y)

Last edited:

m4s73r

The Laziest
Salute m4s73r, have you ever considered maybe turning your amazingly well built and mobile grow beds into a BIG ASS MEGA SIP 5000 to fix you watering woes? I am kinda high atm but guessing with a strategically placed water barrel in the corner with a run of hose to a float valve inside your flood tray you could leave town for a few weeks no problem.

Your plants are beasting man (y)
If i had been able to get the bigger ones maybe, with the bed in there on top of the deck savers it only holds like 3 gallons of water. I had someone the other day saying I should go to a rubber soaker hose with a couple of blufmat carrots.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Irrometer is a game changer. No more guess work on how moist your soil is. I have the 12'' Low Tension in the bed. I am in love.

Initial reading
1667597251022.png

2.5 gallons of water sprayed on bed.
Second reading.

1667597324091.png

Now that the trellis is up we will give this another 10 days and stretch should be over. Then its time to go in and clean up the under brush.

1667601460829.png

Up next:
Drain line for the dehumidifier. Humidity hovering right around 62% so not urgent yet.
Order new bungies for trellis
I need to get the light bars ordered and upgrade the lights so I can get the UVB fixtures installed in the center of the lights.
1667601758173.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
Plugged in dehumidifier today. its got like a 1.5 gallon tank. Not sweating running a drain line yet. Just not sure I want to run another thing through the wall and possibly across a walk way. Thinking about just leaving it as a tanked system that I dump. I am in there everyday. Lets see how long before I need to dump it. If it last 3 days than I'll run with that.

IMG_20221108_160343_673.jpg

Yesterday watered in some BuildaBloom and some coconut.
The new moisture meter is amazing. Its really giving me an idea of how much they are drinking. Were about a gallon a day per plant right now. Today I watered in 3.5 gallons. Yesterday was 3.5 gallons. But its not quite as wet. Really makes me wonder if I have been under watering this whole time or not. Next grow I am going to keep a log of exactly how much I give them. I am interested in seeing if a bit more or less moisture effect growth rates.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I love those tapestries!

What does the big one say?
A Wee Bit...Wicked.

So my grandmother sewed a patch on the blanket I held my son in. Well the dog had chewed a whole and it needed patched. This was the result
1667966897648.png

So I had some aspirations of getting into some sort of cannabis releated venture in the future. I was going to use that and do a play on words with it. That shipped has sailed as I have moved on to other things. But the saying kinda stuck and Ive put it on a couple of things.1667967096251.png

That shit is flossy vato. Pictures from a proud steward of the plant, I dig your style vato.
Thanks!

m4s73r

The Laziest
Chugging along. I'm thinking stretch is about over. Proly one more round of light defoliation and these will be good. This round of girls are getting serenaded by the delightful gut wrenching screams of Cannible Corpse for their bloom period. I dont know if it actually helps, some say it does others laugh. I find its nice when I go in there to have something other than the fans going.

1668065008918.png

Work has been crazy but I need to get my veg area cleaned up so I can start the next round of seeds. Going to be more GPS stuff. I got caught up in the reverse auctions awhile back and now have a bunch of seed to grow. Next round will be Lemon Tree Punch and Cookie Breath.

1668065278187.png

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I have been debating getting some 4x4s, I have about 10 cubic feet in pots right now that would fill 1 4x4 with worms in them
I talked myself out of it last night and decided just to use the 10 gals I have already but every time I look at these I want to use them
I have 60 gal pots that hold almost the same amount of soil but they are only 32 inch that extra space would help
with 4 plants in 4x4 vs 4 in a round 60 gal
The square beds just seem better
nice grow

m4s73r

The Laziest
I have been debating getting some 4x4s, I have about 10 cubic feet in pots right now that would fill 1 4x4 with worms in them
I talked myself out of it last night and decided just to use the 10 gals I have already but every time I look at these I want to use them
I have 60 gal pots that hold almost the same amount of soil but they are only 32 inch that extra space would help
with 4 plants in 4x4 vs 4 in a round 60 gal
The square beds just seem better
nice grow
Thanks!
Having been doing this for awhile I can honestly say I wouldn't do it this way again. I'm committed now due to the amount I have invested. But if I was back in the original planning phase when I switched from HPS to led I'd have done things different.
Rather than 2 4x4 lights, Id have gone with 4 2x4 lights.
Rather than 4x4 beds, Id do 4 2x4 beds. Way easier to make rolling trays for. easy to roll through door ways.

D

Deleted member 2835

With MO going legal the used grow equipment market is about to open and I have Lots of stuff to get rid of from over the years of "experimenting". If I can get most of it offloaded and the coin from that can go to Mycology. Mushrooms are coming.
You don't need a lot of money to get started with boomers.

m4s73r

The Laziest
You don't need a lot of money to get started with boomers.
Yeah some things I got. I have a tent, humidity control, fan, stuff like that. But my wife would proly shoot me if I started a new project with out getting rid of some stuff. Its all good, I am in no hurry.
Good luck.
Thanks, I'm hoping that I can bundle some of together. We'll see