M4S73R's Lazy Organic No Till Garden

m4s73r

The Laziest
Made a box for my 2 bare wire dimmer pots. Neighbor had a old metal cover laying around. Drilled a couple of holes, run a little wiring. I'm thinking of removing the sticker, painting it white. Then Ill add a couple of marks for a few ppfd points. I've also considered getting a new plate and having it engraved. Whatever, Its in a box for now.

1658376424588.png

Rather then running the cords across the walls and hanging ballasts, i opted for a 20 amp horizontal plug that couldnt be put into standard 120 wall plug. Ran wiring to the ballast and got a nice clean look for my lights.

1658377049364.png

Ran tests on lights tonight. Everything looking real good. Tomorrow I plan to flush out the main water lines and then install the new misters. Then slowly get those beds up to the proper moisture level.

1658376949269.png

Waiting on the glass window cover to come in for the other window. Need to get the trim on, door sweep on, AC Fan probe affixed to ceiling. Then a little floor cleaning, final wipe down of all surfaces and we'll be off.

1658377466288.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
The new grow room looks AMAZING m4s73r! Not sure if you could pull off mounting your new UVB lights above your lights or not, but that seems to be how Shane @ Migro does it.
yeah I saw that when I was looking LOL. I normally keep the lights about 20 inches from the canopy. so that light will be 4 inches above it? I dont know, Im considering ordering a couple of T Slot hangers from chilled that can just be mounted to the lights and hang the UV's from them.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Zangria and Critterz are in dirt. Started to re-hydrate the beds. Monday will be cover crop seed and some composted mulch on top of all that.
This is the Hugel bed. Going to drop Critterz in this one and Zangria in the other one. since i have 6 plants going into each bed, we will flip pretty early. They will get topped once each. Got the window insulted and covered, got the door sweep and interior trim done. Still have yet to decide how I want to add the UV lights to the room. There has been talk of ordering 2 more bars and turning my x5s into x6s.
More to come.

1659244541565.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
Having looked everything over, I'm going to upgrade my lights. I always intended to do that. I could then mount the UVB light in the center and have enough to keep the light 24 inches from the canopy. So that is handled.

Tonight my grow room flooded from the auto watering. I had sprayed in 2 gallons of water into each bed with saponin. I then let watering take over and most of what it sprayed is on the floor. You know the homemade drip trays I made? Both of them leak. So now I'm going to have to empty the beds of soil so I can move them, re-line the drip trays and then put each bed back. As I put the soil back i'm going to rehydrate it. Im about to go down to my hydro shop and get 2 4x4 drip trays. But I feel like I need to add some drain lines to each one. Once the soil is rehydrated I wont ever have any run off really. Grrrrr this is not what I wanted to deal with....

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well the local Hydro store has flood trays for around 90 bucks. Waiting for my neighbor to come by see what he thinks, I may be plumbing some drip trays to drain. If I go this route I'm going to lift them off the floor 3.5 inches and run some pvc together and drain. Grassroots (my bed manufacturer) actually recommends this with some clay balls between the drip tray and bed. I was looking at some pvc deck savers instead.

On a positive, I have a couple of seeds that have popped up! Need to get this shit done and the beds ready

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well its been a hot minute since I last did a update. Started my own business and have been just swamped for any free time.

On to the update.

Got the platforms built. Used some old bed frames to make them. Absolutely pleased as punch with how they came out.

1664757533609.png
1664757555971.png 1664757613779.png

As of right today both beds are in drip trays with Grotek Mats between the driptray and bed on wheeled platforms. I am totally happy with the extra work involved to make this happen. I do lose about 6 inches of head height but being able to move them out the way is great.

Popped the 2 tester packs I won from GPS that I was supposed to do back in like april when this whole thing started.
Got Critterz and Zangria. Of 12 seeds, I kept 4. All 4 of these are going to get dropped into the Hugel bed. Then Im going to take clones from them and flip them. Once the clones are rooted good, ill drop them in the other bed and just let them bloom out from rooted clones.

1664759643686.png

1664760142254.png

I should be back to updating things again. The major labor part is now over. More to come.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks!
Not sure. This room is brand new. Right now RH is 67% Im happy with that. But i have a humidifier and a dehumidifier in the room as well.
I did same thing I also made Scrog screen that moved with made tying up plants so much easier didn't have enough room to move around the planters so I wheeled it to door entrance you'll love it....