M4S73R's Lazy Organic No Till Garden

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
A Wee Bit...Wicked.

So my grandmother sewed a patch on the blanket I held my son in. Well the dog had chewed a whole and it needed patched. This was the result
View attachment 122140

So I had some aspirations of getting into some sort of cannabis releated venture in the future. I was going to use that and do a play on words with it. That shipped has sailed as I have moved on to other things. But the saying kinda stuck and Ive put it on a couple of things.View attachment 122141

Thanks!
granny does good work

m4s73r

The Laziest
Man what a long week so far. Got the veg area cleaned up, pots filled with dirt and being brought up to proper moisture level. Still need to get everything labeled up.

1668223247084.png1668223293453.png

Having pretty much upended the entire basement Its finally starting to get organized. I'm not sure the shelf in the first pic is going to stay. Last time i popped them right in the soil and my germ rate wasnt as good. So I'll do the ole paper towel method when I go to pop.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Bloom day 21: A little more defoliation. Most of its sucker branches. rotated the bed one quarter turn and moved the Irrometer to a new spot and a bit deeper.
Watered in some cocount and some BuildaBloom today. Hit the other bed with a couple of gallons of plain water.

1668306694342.png

twobitbob

Super Active Member
rootwise is so expensive, do you think it's worth it? it does have a lot more microbes in it then most

m4s73r

The Laziest
rootwise is so expensive, do you think it's worth it? it does have a lot more microbes in it then most
Doesn't seem too expensive if you do the math. they recommend mixing 1 teaspoon (5g) of it into 5 gallons of water. That means that their 4oz bag ($45) will make 112 gallons of solution.
Beat me to it.
I'm also a less is more kinda guy, so Ill proly do half of what they say. lol.

m4s73r

The Laziest
A few things to record for later...

Welp I was wrong. I thought I was out of craft blend and still have some in the bucket. So thew on some craft blend, a cup of frass, quarter cup of musterd meal, watered in some Big6.

1668819165454.png1668819188968.png

Got the worms ordered. Going to do something different and integrate a worm bin into the bed. Kinda like avocado tech but with out wasting avocados. More to come on that. parts are on the way. (Think im gonna call it the Mr. Fusion Bio Reactor lol)

Annual BuildaSoil Black Friday Sale resupply was $221 this year. Since I only did 2 grows since last black friday I didnt need much this year. Got a few extra goodies that I've been wanting to try. I got in touch with one of the guys that travels around for them and he's going to mail me a couple of loyal to the soil stickers.

Ordered the 2 light bars/boards I need to upgrade the lights to 6 bar vs the current 5 bar. I ended up getting the B-Grade bars. All the reviews said the blemishes were small if noticeable at all. Hopefully they get here soon. I'd like to get UVB on this current run.

Finally got the veg/work area cleaned up and organized. I am not a fan of all the wires that are exposed there. Expect that will change...soon. Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with how all this turn out. Maybe one of these days, I'll seal the room, run a mini split and do some c02 enrichment.

1668819737610.png

Girls are looking good. Plucked a few center leaves here and there. @Heisenbeans these Zangria and Critterz plants are raging. Looking forward to growing some more of your stuff.

1668821735126.png 1668822074901.png

So The Kali47 just got runted by the Jack Herer on the last grow.

Reminder for those that forgot, Kali47 is in the back corner lol.
1668822475301.png

So this next round I want to redo that one. With the limits coming out for MO I have settled on 8 plants per round 4 per bed. Managing 8 Different cultivars in one grow was a bit of a pain. So 4 cultivars per round. And since seeds tend to come in packs of 6 That lets me do a few rounds.

Selection will consist of
2x Advanced Seeds Kali47
2x Delicious Seeds Northern Light Blue (this one is so good for arthritis pain for my step dad)
2x each Greenpoint Seeds Cookie Breath and Lemon Tree Punch

1668822887041.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
I am not surprised by that at all. The nice thing about BAS is they will lets you order it now at the discount. I went and looked and yeah they are now back ordered till end of Nov.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Bloom day 34 just so I'm keeping up with things. Critterz starting to add some frost.

1669439106347.png

Few thing to note.
Got the Ecowitt system in. Pretty cheap for a couple of moisture meters with live monitoring.
So the initial reading of the beds was the same. So I pulled one out so I could tell them apart and labeled them accordingly.
Hard to see but the Irromter was showing 19 kPa. I did pull it from it prior position and moved it to the opposite side.
First pic is of the app you use to set up the gateway.
1669435386498.png 1669435414360.png

I then Watered in 4 gallons to the HK bed and 2.4 to the LOS bed. Hour later beds settled.

1669435739509.png 1669435867839.png 1669436061030.png

These 2 pics are from the other app that goes with this called WS Viewer. Have to use this connected to the wifi to see the info from the gateway app from above. You cant see the live feed from the gateway app while connected to wifi. you have to change over to LTE or another router. Once I installed the Viewer I had to connect to the wifi in order to get a live data stream show below.

Can see the time for how long between them.
1669435908260.png 1669435993541.png

So I will monitor this for a bit and see what I can come up with. So far I like em. I think for anyone that is growing in a container big enough that they cant pick up this would be a good tool to use. Set up was a bit weird.

So first Build a Soil order came in and I got my other sticker!
Worms came in and it was cold. I think I lost some. But tossed them into their new homes. The strong will survive. I may get some more next spring.
Monday the light bars will be in. Looking forward to upgrading the lights. It looks like ChilLed has added the light control to the ACI Controller 69. Including dimming. I will be picking that up as well. Then I can get rid of the Govee outlets. Not that there is anything wrong with them, they just blocky. It will be nice to have all of it on one app that can control the lights for. Dimming them up slowly through out the morning and then back down at the end of the day will be outstanding.

Only 5 seeds came up so far. Missing a NLB, Kali 47 and one of the cookie breath. I found them in the soil, with no tap. Dropped them in to soak for a bit in some water then tossed them back in. If I dont have some soil movement by this time sunday, I'll pop 3 more.

1669439024101.png