M4S73R's Lazy Organic No Till Garden

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Now its time to get the bed thats just been sitting for the last 3 months ready for some new girls.
So to amend my beds were going to put in the following, 8 cups of Craft blend 1.5 cups of Insect frass 1/2 cup of eggshell 1/8 cup of Mustard Seed Meal. 1 cup of Gnarly Barley unmilled. Milled it. I then throw all of this into a old re-amend bucket put the lid on and mix.
The Living soil bed will get about 1/4 of this mix. watered it in with rootwise and Bio-elixir.
Nice beds, Awesome grow man.
You only use a 1/4 cup of that mix in a 4x4 bed?
I just put 1 cup mustard seed meal in some 10 gal pots, quite a lot compared to what you are using.
watered it in with some yucca and that shit heated up real good I didn't temp it but it was, pretty warm to the touch.
I could tell it heated up a bit when I mixed the big batch too but not like it did in the pots.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Nice beds, Awesome grow man.
You only use a 1/4 cup of that mix in a 4x4 bed?
I just put 1 cup mustard seed meal in some 10 gal pots, quite a lot compared to what you are using.
watered it in with some yucca and that shit heated up real good I didn't temp it but it was, pretty warm to the touch.
I could tell it heated up a bit when I mixed the big batch too but not like it did in the pots.
Lol no, 1/4 of the total I mixed. around 2 cups total. That was for the bed that nothing but clover grew in for the last 3 months. the other bed got 8 cups. 2 cups per plant. So the bed is sitting around 18 cuft of soil and 2cuft of mulch. So i only amend the top half of the soil. or around 10cuft. Then once a year ill throw on a couple bags of mushroom compost and more mulch. just kinda layer it. Thinking I may get a couple bags of the CoWoCo when I do compost later this year.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Cool, that sounds like a good amount, 21/2 cups is what I amended the 10 gals with, 1 cup craft blend 1 cup mustard meal 1/2 cup rock dust.
First time using craft blend I usually mix up my own blend the Black Friday deal was to good to pass up and it took me forever to collect all the different amendments.
I love the smell of mushroom compost, A local guy grows bunches of em for market and I nab his substrates when I can...lucky.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I have been waiting to give my final thoughts on this run. I was mainly waiting till trim happened. But also some time for my emotions to cool. I have been trimming for the last couple of hours or so. And its not all bad.
Zangria 2 was the first trim. Filled about half a gallon jar with buds. the rest went to hash. There was proly enough there to fill another half gal jar. Lots of seeds in this. I suspect that this is the one that hermed. Buds are full of mature seeds. The flavor and smells are top notch. I cant complain about the frost either. However, the buds are not tight like you would expect and the yield over all is small.
Critterz 2 was the second trim. This one is looking good. Way less seeds. What we are finding is mostly immature white seeds. Its not as smelly as the Z2 but frostier. Smoked a bit. Pretty average right now. Should sweeten up after a week in a jar. The nugs are rock hard and dense. So very happy there.
I still have the other 2 plants hanging that I'll finish up tomorrow. I suspect the same resultes with those.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Do you think it was the Genetics?
Super frustrating
Years ago when I was learning I know I stressed the shit out of plants never had any hermi I stressed this last lot too got a couple with banners I was plucking em thankfully nothing had seeds
First plant I ever seen herm was a wedding cake it makes me wonder about the GSC herm gene I’ve seen lots of talk about
You have a pretty tight looking ship so I’m curious what you think caused it

m4s73r

The Laziest
I dont know. I'm not one to normally point at one single thing and blame it definitively. For all I know, the UVB caused it. Too much of it on a genetic thats never experienced that intensity could possibly cause a reaction. Maybe water stress. I don't know for sure.
End of the day, control what you can and get over what you can't.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Cool, that sounds like a good amount, 21/2 cups is what I amended the 10 gals with, 1 cup craft blend 1 cup mustard meal 1/2 cup rock dust.
First time using craft blend I usually mix up my own blend the Black Friday deal was to good to pass up and it took me forever to collect all the different amendments.
I love the smell of mushroom compost, A local guy grows bunches of em for market and I nab his substrates when I can...lucky.
that is something it would'nt bother me to add to my soil tubs,or mulch pile according to volume

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I dont know. I'm not one to normally point at one single thing and blame it definitively. For all I know, the UVB caused it. Too much of it on a genetic thats never experienced that intensity could possibly cause a reaction. Maybe water stress. I don't know for sure.
End of the day, control what you can and get over what you can't.
Whatever it is, it's happening to a lot of different living matter, look at the "transgendering" happening worldwide.
Is this all a "cowinky dinky"?
Leads me to think it might be a reaction to astronomical or technological changes. Hormones in the water and soil for all living things is greatly different in our world today.
We are in the middle of a "planet polarity shift", if you believe in that kind of shit. lol
CS might be causing it to be worse?
Only test I can perform is growing my older stuff out and if it starts herming, I'll know something changed.
This is becoming a big problem because no one cares about weed, only greed now a days.
I just harvested looks like 1000+ fem seeds. At 30 bucks for 6 seed,
it's tempting to dumped them off on some poor sucker, but I have weed "morals"
and will not add to the problem in the community.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
A look at the bright side is you have some beans to make a seed sprout tea with everything the plant could need available.

I blame the solar flares and planetary alignment

Streetpro09

Tester
Would be a quick way to make $5k. Props to you for having morals. Unfortunately there ain't many people with them now a days. Sure makes for a hell of a world. 🤪

twobitbob

Super Active Member
A look at the bright side is you have some beans to make a seed sprout tea with everything the plant could need available.

I blame the solar flares and planetary alignment
I made a sprouted seed tea out of some hermie seeds then I started questioning if that’s a good idea if not

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Whatever it is, it's happening to a lot of different living matter, look at the "transgendering" happening worldwide.
Leads me to think it might be a reaction to astronomical or technological changes. Hormones in the water and soil for all living things is greatly different in our world today.
We are in the middle of a "planet polarity shift", if you believe in that kind of shit. lol
Conspiracy haha
I blame gmo
Planetary shifts could be at hand too
Keep growing right

m4s73r

The Laziest
more like some of my generation that cant tell thier kids no. I'll admit that gender dysphoria is a legitimate thing. One that needs to be diagnosed by professionals. Just my opinion.

So Now I dont know what I'm going to do. Sounds like Heisen is saying the Lemon Tree is garbage and will herm as well. So I may chop them. I dont know. I got a Grow contest coming up in Feb. From Seed to Stone OG grow off. Can pop seeds in Feb 1-14. Maybe I just throw the 2 cookie breath, NL and Ak47 in a bed and call it good.

Anyway everything is chopped and in jars. Due to seeds I did not weight it.

1673413179541.png

Got everything broke down to go back on the bed.

1673413212596.png

Guess tomorrow I'll decide.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Oh and I really need a way to grind a couple ounces at at time that wont destroy my bud. Any suggestions?

twobitbob

Super Active Member
that is something it would'nt bother me to add to my soil tubs,or mulch pile according to volume
If you are talking about the mustard…
In one of the studies I read they used 3% by vol and recorded 0 gnats after 11 days and 0
nematodes, can’t remember if thrip larvae was part of that study
3% I was afraid to use that much
I put a little over a cup per ten gal
It heated up pretty good
B. Juncea was the one they found that had the most effect

twobitbob

Super Active Member
more like some of my generation that cant tell thier kids no. I'll admit that gender dysphoria is a legitimate thing. One that needs to be diagnosed by professionals. Just my opinion.
That’s a reality as well I have friends that have worked in the schools for awhile now and so it’s getting weird and just more disrespectful

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Only test I can perform is growing my older stuff out and if it starts herming, I'll know something changed.
This is becoming a big problem because no one cares about weed, only greed now a days.
i don't know of any other way to agree than ,thanks and hell yes to weed morals1