M4S73R's Lazy Organic No Till Garden

m4s73r

The Laziest
Ok had 20 things going on and now everyone is asleep, I got whisky, a bowl and 20 whole min to myself. So lets do a quick recap before i go do this hash run.
Wife wants dabs. Income tax return comes in. I say we need a press. She says get whatever you want under 1k. Dake Press, Low temp plates and accessories from amazon. I have this tv stand from the early 90s my folks bought. Its solid oak. So mounted some shop wheels to the bottom of it and build the press on it. I think it will make a good little rosin station once I finish cleaning it up. I need a light on it....

1647148515634.png

Of course as soon as I leave the room it gets hit with the sticker treatment... I have to admit I like where this first one is. (For those that are unsure, this is the bad buy, Oogie Boogie, from a 90s kids movie called The Nightmare Before Christmas) in the first pic, and a Sandworm from Beetlejuice in the second pic. I am sure before the month is out she will have the entire thing covered in rosin/cannabis/who know what stickers.

1647148993776.png 1647149186031.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
Crap what a long day. So my neighbor is a master carpenter and he is also my maintenance/ project guy. monday/tuesday we will be putting up the walls, running water spigots, moving electrical and light proofing my new 9x11 room.
Today however, I had to scoop all 165 gallons of soil out of the living soil bed, onto a tarp, then move the bed and refill. I also decided at this time to remove some of the medium as it was getting up to the top. I need a little more in the other bed so this will work out good. Once walls are up and watering system is installed we will commence with our regularly scheduled program. Beds need amended, clovered, asap. End of the week Zangria Testers will be in. So we will have those popped and in cups as soon as they come in. I was going to sow them in to the beds, but I need to get this run up and going. We will see how things line up.

On another front, Press plates will be here monday. I have about a pound and a half left of this WWxBB that the family has been smoking on for the last 3 months and we're all sick of it. So I am going to turn this into my "learn'n" weed. It was pretty dry so its in a tote with a cup of water getting all nice and moist again. Next couple of days I will be pre-pressing all of this and getting in bags. I also have a ounce of sift left over that we will try out. I am not expecting much as all of this is pretty old stuff but should prove to be good training material.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I love watching it ooze out....
Yeah my first puck didnt really ooze sadly. That weed was like 6months old and dry. Got it hydrated back up and put through the pre press. Everything I have read said the yield would be low. I'm ok with that with this old shit.
Excited to see the new space especially after watching your last plants explode. Very awesome!!
Thanks Shaggn! (from discord?) That is todays plan. Need to get out the other tent, get it took down and then take down all the drivers, fans, and wiring.

I had mentioned my wife would be stickering the press. Here is the end result of that...

1647618547188.png

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Crap what a long day. So my neighbor is a master carpenter and he is also my maintenance/ project guy. monday/tuesday we will be putting up the walls, running water spigots, moving electrical and light proofing my new 9x11 room.
Today however, I had to scoop all 165 gallons of soil out of the living soil bed, onto a tarp, then move the bed and refill. I also decided at this time to remove some of the medium as it was getting up to the top. I need a little more in the other bed so this will work out good. Once walls are up and watering system is installed we will commence with our regularly scheduled program. Beds need amended, clovered, asap. End of the week Zangria Testers will be in. So we will have those popped and in cups as soon as they come in. I was going to sow them in to the beds, but I need to get this run up and going. We will see how things line up.

On another front, Press plates will be here monday. I have about a pound and a half left of this WWxBB that the family has been smoking on for the last 3 months and we're all sick of it. So I am going to turn this into my "learn'n" weed. It was pretty dry so its in a tote with a cup of water getting all nice and moist again. Next couple of days I will be pre-pressing all of this and getting in bags. I also have a ounce of sift left over that we will try out. I am not expecting much as all of this is pretty old stuff but should prove to be good training material.
i have a rod pin press just need the plates and temp controller .

Shaggn

Yeah my first puck didnt really ooze sadly. That weed was like 6months old and dry. Got it hydrated back up and put through the pre press. Everything I have read said the yield would be low. I'm ok with that with this old shit.

Thanks Shaggn! (from discord?) That is todays plan. Need to get out the other tent, get it took down and then take down all the drivers, fans, and wiring.

I had mentioned my wife would be stickering the press. Here is the end result of that...

View attachment 111374
Your wife wasted no time getting the stickers on, like you said! Yes tis me from discord 🥳!!

m4s73r

The Laziest
So if you are not aware, you can go on amazon and order custom tapestries. So I got one to hang behind my press. Should be here in a couple of weeks. I am using this Image from my grow. they also have like full blown wall size ones. Thinking about doing something up for the new grow room thats not white panda film or paint.

IMG_1243.1.JPG

m4s73r

The Laziest
i have a rod pin press just need the plates and temp controller .
Make sure your press ram doesnt spin. I did not know that the Dake press ram spun and bought uncaged platens. Now i have to make sure its all lined up each time I do a press. Had I knew it did that, I would have went with a caged setup.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Make sure your press ram doesnt spin. I did not know that the Dake press ram spun and bought uncaged platens. Now i have to make sure its all lined up each time I do a press. Had I knew it did that, I would have went with a caged setup.
not a problem all i have to do ,is drill two holes and tap 'em , sets it up with guide rods.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Been sick for last 3 days but finally getting my shit together. Got part of the walls up on the new grow room. Have decided to 86 all but one of my current mums due to a spider mite issue that just popped up tuesday. This last round was ok. Only think I want to keep is the Critical. Everything else Ive either had better or it was ok.

m4s73r

The Laziest
tough plants i've done worse things to 'em and they still put out.
LOL so have I. If I didnt have all this seed laying around here from Greenpoint, Id rehab em. But with how much I have to grow right now Its going to be next summer before I get to them. Other then the Critical being really good morning smoke nothing has been over the top. Everything good but not special.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Shit its been a min. Well its coming along. New room is all framed in, door hung, gang boxes installed, wiring ran and insulation put in the foundation area. Here is the list to finish.
1: Run wire and plugs for the lights so it looks like the lights are plugged right into the wall. Going to wire the drivers into a gang box with a couple of 20 amp horizontal plugs right into the ceiling. Should be a clean look.
2: Tap into the waterline and drop me a couple of pex lines to each beds and the veg area. That will give me 3 programmable watering zones.
3: Sheetrock is in the garage for inside of the room. Going to plastic new walls and ceiling. When I got the roof done last year, they had 9 3/4 inch plywood sheets left over. I also got lots of plywood scrap laying around here. Plan is to put as much shelving on the outside of the walls as possible.
4: Got me a can of washable white paint for the interior. I decided to not frame in the concrete walls just going to paint them.
5. Seal up the 2 windows.
6. Finish the framing around the beds for run off trays. Beds are already sitting on pond liner. Just going to frame some 2x4s around it and then staple the pond liner to the frame. I dont normally have run off but since i dont have the tent drip tray figured Id do something just in case.

My metal guy is making me a couple of brackets that will house a furnace filter over my intake. Will be nice to be able to just swap out filters to keep airborne shit out my grow.
I hate when my grow is all torn up like this. Work is in overdrive right now with claims. My city got hit by a EF1 tornado. Not major but it did effect some families on the southside of town. One family lost their entire home. So my neighbor and I have been busy with that last few days.
Feel a bit bad, I signed up to do some testers for Greenpoint. Thought I would have all this done and they would be going by now. We'll be ok. I plan on running them all 12 in one bed.
As you can see below, I got one light on for the critical mum that was the best of my last grow.

1649183751499.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
First, Happy 420! It has been a roller coaster the last week. Work has been off the hook, progress on the grow room has been slow sadly. We did get the tornado stuff taken care off finally this last weekend. Got a couple sheets of dry wall hung yesterday. So making some progress.

Got to give a shout out to @stiickygreen He sent me a can of his lemongrass salve stuff for my step dad. Did amazing things for his lower back muscles when they would have spasms. So thank you. (also, we all love the smell of it LOL)

Tonight Pressed 28g of G13xBlueberry Headband. 195F, 160 bags x4, 60sec preheat with a 90sec press. 17.5% return.
1650433607432.png

Flower rosin is messy when it comes to dabbing. Lots of leftovers in the banger and the attys for my pen. This seems to be the nature of flower rosin. To get something more pure, I need to press bubble hash or really clean dry sift. I quit doing bubble mainly due to not having a proper place to dry it. Recently I came across the Buckner funnel idea.
In essence, you wash your hash, then put the wet hash into a Buckner funnel. It pulls a vacuum and "sucks" the water out the hash. Then you screen it over some parchment and put it in a wine cooler to dry. Supposed to work very good. The cost of this set up is between $400-$500. I have a washing machine thats already modified. I need some new wash bags.
Wife has given me the go ahead on a walk in cooler next year for taxes! My neighbor and I are going to try and get everything for the construction as reclaimed stuff. He has his finger on the pulse of that. Already got the wood I need from a guy up the street that remodeled his back deck. Lot of good wood from that. May also be getting my hands on the walls from a walk in cooler being tore down. There is also the idea of using insulated garage doors. Even if I had to go buy the R-Max for the room, the cool bot, ac unit, nails, glue, spray foam is only going to set me back $2000. (still less than a freeze dryer).

m4s73r

The Laziest
Sometimes even the best laid plans dont work out the way you expect. But its coming along. Got another coat of mud to put on the dry wall and it should be good to sand and paint. UVB lights came in as well. Will be getting those installed into the room. Waiting on my metal guy to get back to me with some brackets so I can get the filter installed on the outside wall. We have made sure to caulk the whole room to keep air coming through the intake. The hope is that it will reduce the amount of dust coming into the room. Its never been a huge issue but this last run i noticed some dust on my lights.
Once the room is painted I can get the window covers on and get back to growing. I'll be back to show the finished room. Once I have cover crop planted in and started I'll be doing a live walk through on the Greenpoint Discord if Heisen is still up for it.

1653541493730.png
1653541520326.png
1653541570577.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
Almost done. Should be laying in cover crop and mulch next week. Feel bad that I got some testers right before I started this. I never thought it would take this long. SO many little issues arose. Hopefully Gu and the GPS gang can forgive me. But those will be the first run in here. More to come.

1657856084905.png1657856111632.png