M4S73R's Lazy Organic No Till Garden

m4s73r

The Laziest
(Bloom Day 73) Today was the Living soil beds last day of light. We will be chopping these in the morning. Final couple of shots here.

Jack herer. So unless this one just blows me out the water in smoke or just drops some next level dry sift, I wont we be growing this one again. 3 weeks in the bed and she easily tripled in size. If I was into doing scrogs or single plant grows id keep her for sure. Stretchy plants are great for scrog in my opinion. She looks good. Swelled real nice at the end.

1645763310828.png

White Strawberries. I am looking forward to this one. A buddy of mine said this made for some great rosin.

1645763341609.png

Sage N Sour. For structure, thsi is the only one worth keeping.

1645763360609.png

And the very petite Kali 47. Never seen a plant yellow up so much in my beds. Especially just a small plant. Its crazy as all the other plants around it are easily twice its size. Dont sure I will grow this one again.

1645763420683.png

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
(Bloom Day 73) Today was the Living soil beds last day of light. We will be chopping these in the morning. Final couple of shots here.

Jack herer. So unless this one just blows me out the water in smoke or just drops some next level dry sift, I wont we be growing this one again. 3 weeks in the bed and she easily tripled in size. If I was into doing scrogs or single plant grows id keep her for sure. Stretchy plants are great for scrog in my opinion. She looks good. Swelled real nice at the end.

View attachment 109731

White Strawberries. I am looking forward to this one. A buddy of mine said this made for some great rosin.

View attachment 109732

Sage N Sour. For structure, thsi is the only one worth keeping.

View attachment 109733

And the very petite Kali 47. Never seen a plant yellow up so much in my beds. Especially just a small plant. Its crazy as all the other plants around it are easily twice its size. Dont sure I will grow this one again.

View attachment 109734
Jesus those are pretty, growther!

m4s73r

The Laziest
Jesus those are pretty, growther!
Thanks bud. This was a pretty successful grow. I have been pretty happy with it thus far.

I got the other bed down. All 8 plants are in 1 tent. The first 4 that have been in there for a week got broke down and put on hangers. and moved to one corner. They are not even close to dry yet. Tomorrow I will be rearranging the grow area and moving the living soil bed out of the tent.

I bought a scale to weigh this grow. Now I know that doesnt seem like a big deal but it is for me. When I first started growing I had to justify what I was doing in weight. I found myself getting overly stressed out and hard on myself when my grows didnt produce what I thought or I had read they should. Chasing that damn scale was making me constantly question everything I was doing. 5 years ago my last scale broke like the day before I was about to jar up everything. So I didnt weight anything. I just jarred it and moved on with my life. It felt great. However, my curiosity has gotten the better of me and i'd really like to know some of these came out.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Today has been a trim day. So far 2 plants done. 127.6g on the critical (with 41g larf/trim...). The Pineapple Express did much better. 321.8 grams with only 31g of larf/trim. Still have the Northern Lights Blue and C99 to trim. Will get the rest of it trimmed up in the morning. I'm expecting that the other 2 will do as well as the PE. The critical was larfy. Its going to make good dry sift. These will now sit in jars for the next couple of weeks to finish up. The dried very slowly in the tents for 13 days 66F/60-62%RH They smell outstanding even now. Once its done in cure, ill set up the light box and take some close up snaps of everything.

1646195998013.png 1646196011640.png
1646196192299.png

Also, I am actually taking the time to hand trim all of this to get a very accurate weight. Once jarred the bud seemed to settle in the 57% range. So I threw some raw hydrate pucks in too bring that up to 61.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Finally done. Final Numbers
Critical Nug: 127.6g
Critical Trim: 41g

Pineapple Express Nug: 321.8g
Pe Trim: 31g

Northern Lights Blue Nug: 220.7g
NLB Trim : 63.8

C99 Nug: 247.6
C99 Trim: 42.5

Total Nug : 917.7 = 32.78 Oz= 2.05 Lbs
Total Trim: 178.3 = 6.38 Oz = .40 Lbs

Not a bad a harvest out of a 5x5 tent with a 600 watt light

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well we got the other tent trimmed and jarred. Here are the final numbers. I'll take a pic of all the jars tomorrow.
White Strawberries Nug 212.2g
WS Trim: 30.3g

Sage N Sour Nug: 228.5g
SnS Trim: 43.5g

Kali 47 Nug 86.5g
K47 trim: 29.4g

Jack Herer nug: 427.1g
JH Trim 53.4g

Total Nug Living Soil Bed: 954.3g/ 34.08 Oz/ 2.13 Lbs
Total Trim: 156.6g/ 5.59 Oz/ .35 Lbs

Total Grow for Winter: 2021-22 1872g/ 66.86 Oz/ 4.20 Lbs
Total Trim: 334.9g/ 11.96 Oz/ .75 Lbs

Last edited:

m4s73r

The Laziest
So far the C99 and the Pineapple Express have been killer. The Critical is good morning smoke. the NLB seems to be working for my med patient. But I also have to take into account grow and production.

Over all there was a low spot in the soil where the critical was. I am thinking that is why she didn't yield as good. I was also had a few issues with watering. These plants all drank different. so one is getting what they want, one is flooded and the other 2 are dry... We are going to move to a different set up that would allow a bit more target watering and broader coverage.

Looking at the weights and future of the cultivars grown in the Hugel bed.
Critical could have done better. 200 grams/plant is a good average for the size of plants I want to grow in a 5x5 tent. Had the NLB not stretched so much I may have been able to get the light closer to Critical and she may have done better. I also have noticed in the bed that there is a low spot in the soil If any other strain emerges as a good/better morning smoke I will cull her from the mothers and reduce her entire crop to hash.

Pineapple express did very well in yield. Nice trim, good bag appeal. Top notch. Until yesterday. We have found 2 seeds so far. Not fully developed. But just 2 little brown seeds. Wife like it the most so far of these 4. Unsure on if we will keep this cut. I can see we let her go too long and she's not a "amber" showing variety. Soon as she's fully cloudy need to pull her. This one killed it in weight. nug:trim was good. This one may sit in my stable for a bit.

C99 is proly the rock star here. I am not just saying that cause its my favorite. Just super smooth citrus skunk. Dense nugs and solid trim. She looked like she was right off the advertising page. No seeds, trimmed great, grew amazing, and smokes wonderfully. Going to keep her for sure.

Northern Lights Blue. Top this plant or grow it vertical style. Period. Everything that was south of 800 ppfd was larfy and small. The tops were great. We've found a couple of stress seeds so far. I'd say that this cut does not like early flower super cropping. And the nug:larf was poor on this run as well. I get a more even canopy and she should do good. If something better is found for medicinal use in the Living soil bed then this one will be culled and sent to hash.

More to come. Next week we will start dipping into the other 4 cultivars and I'll be back with another take away. Final pics are coming. I'm waiting on a flash and new light box to come in. Once I have a bit more cure we will do the hash runs followed by the Rosin pressing. I'll give weights on all of it.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Finally got the last little bit of Kali 47 trimmed up and in a jar. Only came out to 22grams. But that did get Kali over the 100g mark. Impressive since the light was a mile away from her.. Hard to see the labels on the end but on the far right is critical at a half jar and Pineapple express next to her. I had 2 little jars with her but they seem to have disappeared into into other peoples stash... lol

1646766911687.png

m4s73r

The Laziest
But now there's an ounce or so to add, so I'm willing to call it close enough. Well done, Sir!
LOL you were not wrong. We got that last little bit trimmed and in a jar. Recalculted and it still round to 4.20. Good call.

Final
Total Nug Living Soil Bed: 974.1g/ 34.79 Oz/ 2.17 Lbs
Total Trim: 164.2g/ 5.86 Oz/ .37 Lbs

Total Grow for Winter 2021-22 1891.8g/ 67.56 Oz/ 4.20 Lbs
Total Trim: 342.5g/ 12.23 Oz/ .76 Lbs

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well a few late nights talking to @Heisenbeans on Discord and hearing him go on and on about Triangle kush, I picked up Rum Runner on the Reverse auction. And since I have missed my GG4 cut I picked up a low priced Sticky Icky.
So line up for our next run is going to be more plants vegged much shorter. Im going to top each plant once this go around and flip from that. 16 plants. Going to take the tops for clones and flip that day. We'll then manicure each plant for like 4-6 branches. Should be fun.

Hugel bed: 6 Critterz, 6 Zangria 3 Lemon Tree Punch.

Going to only do 9 plants in here. I'd like to have a compare/contrast journal between 16 vs 9 in the beds.
In the living soil bed. 2 Sticky icky 2 Rum Runner 2 Pain killer xls.

That leaves me 3 spots open. I may have some Topanga Canyon s1 coming. I also have cuts of everything I just ran, as well as my GSC cut. Proly wont start anything till the Zangria gets here.

More to come.