Let It Always Sow A Seed Of Memory

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
@Seed of Memory - I just dropped some seeds, so if you want to watch what I do (good or bad) I know catching updates is iffy sometimes. Nothing special but a lot of plants, some to be culled if male, but I am going to get them topped and ready to flip in about 3 weeks (hopefully) so it'll be a quick read later ;)
I'll check it out. I do seem to never get regular notifications on my watched threads. Is it in your current journal?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Click Follow.....In your preferences you can select if you get emails for various things (if someone likes it or comments or quotes etc).

Then you will see the updates

:)

I would say topping plants produces more yield...in the space BUT it takes longer so over a year it does not produce more yield exactly.

If you top 1 cola the 2 colas are smaller...but they are not 50% of that 1 cola...they are like 75% of that cola...next top it diminishes...but again not at 50%.

At around 100 colas you start really hitting diminishing returns. I once got to 75 in a 5 square foot tent...trim jail style.

Easy to maintain is a round 4 to 8 colas. 2 to 4 tops and flower em. :) if you have room for lateral branching. If not you dont top them so much.

Hope this helps :D I do tend to ramble.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Click Follow.....In your preferences you can select if you get emails for various things (if someone likes it or comments or quotes etc).

I would say topping plants produces more yield...in the space BUT it takes longer so over a year it does not produce more yield exactly.

If you top 1 cola the 2 colas are smaller...but they are not 50% of that 1 cola...they are like 75% of that cola...next top it diminishes...but again not at 50%.

At around 100 colas you start really hitting diminishing returns. I once got to 75 in a 5 square foot tent...trim jail style.

Easy to maintain is a round 4 to 8 colas. 2 to 4 tops and flower em. :) if you have room for lateral branching. If not you dont top them so much.

This also assumes you do no pruning. When you have those 4 or 8 cola, you can prune away lower shoots to focus growth on the tops.

The thing is, your plant will produce roughly "X" weight based on how long you veg, the strain, etc. Thinking that manifolds or some other technique makes "more weed" is a distraction (and usually wrong). I have tried side-by-sides, and the weight will end up in the same ballpark topped. not topped, pruned, etc.

The thing you are changing is the amount of top growth and undergrowth. A 3oz plant that is a scrog, flat canopy, all tops, no larf is going to put you in trim jail longer than the 3oz plant that is 4 main cola with hog-leg buds. Both end up 3oz.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
This also assumes you do no pruning. When you have those 4 or 8 cola, you can prune away lower shoots to focus growth on the tops.

The thing is, your plant will produce roughly "X" weight based on how long you veg, the strain, etc. Thinking that manifolds or some other technique makes "more weed" is a distraction (and usually wrong). I have tried side-by-sides, and the weight will end up in the same ballpark topped. not topped, pruned, etc.

The thing you are changing is the amount of top growth and undergrowth. A 3oz plant that is a scrog, flat canopy, all tops, no larf is going to put you in trim jail longer than the 3oz plant that is 4 main cola with hog-leg buds. Both end up 3oz.
Very interesting as i did not know that. However, I'm mostly doing the topping for more simplistic training and the training to keep myself within my size restrictions. So that is a great thing to keep in mind. My current girl in flower isn't very leafy so I don't anticipate the trim job being horribly difficult. The plants I've got in veg right now however are stupid bushy and i can barely get in to see the node junctions to check for sex. I imagine those are going to be a pain in the non-existent dick.

Thanks for the info. I'm literally watching like 15 journals and i never get updates. So I'm getting a bit behind on the times.

I'm topping to not have an xmas tree and mostly to make training a bit easier until i get more natural at it. And I'm training to be able to run different strains whilst not out growing my space. Though i was completely oblivious to the idea that it won't significantly increase my yields.

100 colas?!?! That is insane. Shit on a shingle man. I was thinking around 8 max. Been a long time since I've trimmed so the dread has not yet hit me. I happen to be a rambler myself so not an issue here. Thanks for the input!

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So they are bouncing back well and seem to be responding well to the feed of Grow Big. I'll have to pull them up for better close-up pictures because a couple of odd things are happening. Some of the leaves are not serrated, presenting what looks like a re-veg issue. They are on a 24-0 light cycle. I only gave them 6 hours off when i did the transplant and they all seemed burnt in some way. The rest of the growth seems healthy though. They are bushing back up well after the topping. Still no signs of sex yet but we are just now at the 4 week mark.

Attachments

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
The plants are all doing swimmingly. I got some decent pictures of all of the plants, including the re-veg looking growth I can't seem to understand. It is most prevalent on my plant with the curious growth pattern. Large 3 blade fan leaves extending outward, thin undergrowth. IMG_20200115_023315.jpg

I've also got some with what I refer to as a spiral growth pattern. Natural half leaves ending in curls seem to be unique to those as well. Mind you, all of these are the same genetics besides the WW so the different growth anomalies are all the more strange. However, aside from the anomalies all of the plants are now healthy with thick roots going through the bottoms of the pots. I am holding off on transplanting until i get signs of sex. As I have not yet decided on strains i would like to breed it is senseless to keep males. If they don't show sex in the next 3 weeks I'm popping them on 12-12. We are in the beginning of week 5 of veg now. The WW will be going in to flower once she gets just a bit more height on her. She is the top 2 in this bottom collage.IMG_20200115_023359.jpgIMG_20200115_023420.jpgIMG_20200115_023231.jpg

The Skunk XL popped. I'm just waiting on the tap root to get a bit longer before I put her in soil.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Came home from work today and the Skunk was ready to go into her first pot. So i pulled the plants out for water and noticed some odd leaf spots. Once again only on my white Widow. I'm not sure if it is where I did the foliar feed and those specific leaves didn't totally dry and got burnt maybe? Not one of the other 6 is showing these issues. Any idea? It is the odd yellow coloration. Almost looks white under my LED.

Attachments

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
18-6 will make them look more cannabis like. I have found 24-0 veg light does keep them short but 20-4 makes them prettier or 18-6 like a traditionalist.
It seems like it at times but I'm not shooting for pretty. I want yields. I do think the 24 hour cycle is making them super bushy. I'm trying to find a new light timer that will just be a 2 prong as we had to kind of jury rig a lighting set-up for that space. We used a light bulb socket. And it is 2 prong so I'm trying to figure out a timer that will fit. Thanks for helping me decide which period to go with though.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Yields come in bloom. :D The 3 weeks of stretch is where things blow out.

and you can get chrismas tree light timers? Noma makes 2 prong ones. I bought 2 by accident is how i know. If you cant find one let me know and i can post you one of these.

Everything i use is grounded (3 prong). I knew they were too cheap!

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Yields come in bloom. :D The 3 weeks of stretch is where things blow out.

and you can get chrismas tree light timers? Noma makes 2 prong ones. I bought 2 by accident is how i know. If you cant find one let me know and i can post you one of these.

Everything i use is grounded (3 prong). I knew they were too cheap!
Until I purchase another tent I've got to make do with my 2 prong plug until then. I've been looking on Amazon for another one. I love the one i have for my tent. I'll let you know but I'll figure something out. Question for you though. Obviously in 12-12 you can't have any light at all in the dark period. But if I'm on 18-6 does the rule still apply? My room i have set up isn't leak proof. I could probably do it but it will take a lot of work so I'm wondering how important that is on that cycle

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
It is not as important. :) In bloom you need rolls of tuct tape and whatever it takes to correct it.

Or you will have seeds...
I'm attempting to go perpetual so I've got separate areas set up through my house. My tent is great and i have it set up for flower. Then I've got a veg closet which is what i was asking about. Then I've got a seedling/germ corner. I think my husband thinks I've gone mad.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Ordered some shit for the garden last night. A new loop with a bit stronger magnification for trichomes but that is more relevant to my bagseed at the moment. I also have some fabric 1 gallon pots to swap these babies out to. Then i found a way to work around my timer situation. I ordered the same timer I've got upstairs and a zip strip. I did find this interesting zip strip though and figured I would ask if anyone has used it. It has a built in digital timer and 4 of the plugs are on the timer while the other 4 are always on. Then I got mini hydrometers for the coming harvest. Next purchase is another tent. I think my babies need an upgrade.

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have one of those bars...they work great as long as you leave the lights on the timer side....i had a light on for 2 days...hermy reason #3...lol.

For the record its right at the back of the bloom room, I changed a light (Spectrum change) and plugged it in. I really thought all 8 were on the timer. but its just that bottom row.

And i covered all the lights with gorilla tape.

I learned a lot in the last 9 months. It was like having a baby !

Last edited:

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I'm attempting to go perpetual so I've got separate areas set up through my house. My tent is great and i have it set up for flower. Then I've got a veg closet which is what i was asking about. Then I've got a seedling/germ corner. I think my husband thinks I've gone mad.
Like he didn't already. Never be afraid to fuck with your ladies. I'm beyond rough with mine. They handle that shit in stride.
G you're too funny homie all them gummies got you dumb high 😂
Hey Miss who's the bottom left lady??
These were topped once then trained daily.IMG_20190715_195756.jpg