Let It Always Sow A Seed Of Memory

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Just saying that they are big enough to maybe need food. Especially if you have been hesitant. You are johnny on the spot though. Look at what you have been giving them and see if that might be the case. If you do feed it will be very light anyway, so it shouldn't push them too far in either direction.

It looks like you watered them in at transplant, so let it set for a day or so and see if it gets better or worse. They are in new soil, and it is not completely inert, so watch for change.
Thanks. I'll keep the journal updated. Just strange that they are all similarly affected. Even different strains/soils. As always I've got a close eye on them. My girl in flower is amazing though. I'm gonna try to snap some out of tent pictures of her before she starts getting ripe for harvest.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So they seem to be coming out of it now. The discoloration has not yet spread to any of the new growth. Some of the plants show no damage at all which seems odd but leads me to believe it is stress from the transplant. One of my runts, the one i transplanted early, is now one of my strongest. The other is still peculiarly small. However it has grown a bit so I'm not disappointed. They are back to a deep green and seem happy now.

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So they seem to be coming out of it now. The discoloration has not yet spread to any of the new growth. Some of the plants show no damage at all which seems odd but leads me to believe it is stress from the transplant. One of my runts, the one i transplanted early, is now one of my strongest. The other is still peculiarly small. However it has grown a bit so I'm not disappointed. They are back to a deep green and seem happy now.
Whew! Touch and go there for a minute.

JK, was merely a hiccup.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Watered the little ones today. Did a foliar again with calmag. Ppm going in was 90 for the GS crosses and WW. Runoff Ppm for the crosses was between 348 and 356 for all 6. The WW is in FFOF and its runoff was 704. I believe They are ready to be topped but I'm going to wait a few days before i do for 2 reasons. I want them to relax from the stress of the transplant a bit more and their nodes are packed so tight together I'm concerned i may FIM them. Guess it is fuck I missed for a reason. I don't want to do that so I'm gonna wait until Monday. Pics are before water.

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Watered the little ones today. Did a foliar again with calmag. Ppm going in was 90 for the GS crosses and WW. Runoff Ppm for the crosses was between 348 and 356 for all 6. The WW is in FFOF and its runoff was 704. I believe They are ready to be topped but I'm going to wait a few days before i do for 2 reasons. I want them to relax from the stress of the transplant a bit more and their nodes are packed so tight together I'm concerned i may FIM them. Guess it is fuck I missed for a reason. I don't want to do that so I'm gonna wait until Monday. Pics are before water.
Which node are you planning on topping above? It looks like there is lots of room to top the WW above the third node.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Before you cut anything, what do you want it to look like when you are done? If you don't just let them grow like Christmas trees you need to get into "bonsai" mode. think - think - cut.

More tops = more smaller flowers - great for canopy/scrog
Less tops = bigger flowers - same weight roughly for the end product.

On the less tops thing like a manifold, you end up with less available foliage at the end, so if stuff goes sideways recovery is tougher for the plant. But you get fat buds :)

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Before you cut anything, what do you want it to look like when you are done? If you don't just let them grow like Christmas trees you need to get into "bonsai" mode. think - think - cut.

More tops = more smaller flowers - great for canopy/scrog
Less tops = bigger flowers - same weight roughly for the end product.

On the less tops thing like a manifold, you end up with less available foliage at the end, so if stuff goes sideways recovery is tougher for the plant. But you get fat buds :)
So I definitely don't want a Christmas tree. We just took ours down so I'm good for a year. Lol. I was thinking top once, at least 4 main colas. Then LST into a spiral if possible and if I can't do it at first, scrog it.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So, I went ahead and topped them. Only my runt was spared as it only has 4 nodes and is just now developing 5 blade leaves.

Most of the growth I chopped seemed nice and healthy. Deep green and lush. The underside of the leaves look perfect. I hate having to cut them. However, this is long term gains so depending on their growth after this, I may chop them again for 8 colas. Little bit of training and i should have some productive plants. Not to mention 6 are photoperiod so I'm not clear on how many females I'm going to end up with.

After I topped them it revealed the previous leaf issues I had but the new growth leads me to believe they are steadfastly recovering.

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It’s so hard to cut them when you are new to growing, but now you’ve lost your “virginity”.

You’ll see how quickly they rebound and bush out. It gets easier and easier.

I’m still pretty new to this, and I’m OK with topping, pruning etc., but I’m still wary of culling whole plants!

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
It’s so hard to cut them when you are new to growing, but now you’ve lost your “virginity”.

You’ll see how quickly they rebound and bush out. It gets easier and easier.

I’m still pretty new to this, and I’m OK with topping, pruning etc., but I’m still wary of culling whole plants!
At least this time I got them a bit earlier. My first run I didn't know to top until it was already a bit tall and stretchy so I topped them but it wasn't as effective as it could have been due to how late it was done.

It does always feel counter-productive chopping bits off of them right? Though i know this helps over time but man i hate to cut off that beautiful growth. I'm pagan so culling is extremely painful. Until I start chucking however, I have no use for males. And even then only the strongest males would be kept. Putting my hermie out sucked too though I did try to burn it. Didn't want the pollen to spread but it was too green to catch.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Exactly! You wait all that time for them to grow, then you chop half of it off. Your brain goes “WTF?” LOL.
And then a week later you wonder what you were ever worried about once those side shoots take off. 🤩
I was so worried about my first plant when I did it. By the next day it was better than ever and now she is a beauty. They will be fine. I think I'm going to experiment with manifolding on one or two of them.