Let It Always Sow A Seed Of Memory

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
They grow up so fast don't they? They are coming out of the seedling stage with multiple separate nodes and tri-blade leaves. They are responding well to the foliar feed and I'm thinking about transplanting in a week or so. We will see where their growth is before I do that.

Attachments

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So we are 15 days in and I believe they are ready for an upgrade in living quarters. I was going to wait until the weekend but I don't want to stunt their growth. One definitely looks like it is getting a bit snug. Droopy leaves at bottom is my only current sign on it. The others have just outgrown the circumference of their pots. I've got 7 2 and a half quart pots for the transplant. Most of the plants look healthy (see attachment 1). They just want more space. I've got 2 runts. I did have 3 but one of them has hit its growth spurt. One of my runts is the droopy one. Also, if they look wet it is because they are. Last night was watering time.

Side note: if anyone remembers my cat has an obsession with eating my plants. I grew him some cat grass and he is so awesome i just wanted to share. He has fucked that cat grass up.

Attachments

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So I still have 2 runts. Both are my granny skunk mystery crosses. The rest are doing so well. Their growth is amazing to watch. I went ahead and re-potted one of my runts. It started so much faster than the rest but has stunted and is getting pretty droopy. If it is a root bound issue that should clear it up. When i transplanted it had already encircled the pot with healthy white roots. I've also got a new light coming on Friday i believe will help. Once it is here i will transplant the others. I don't believe my seedling light is enough for them now, especially once they go in the larger pots. The light doesn't have enough spread for that, even with 2 of them.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the pH meter, even the Apera says to dry the sensor - when calibrating. It says to rinse it in distilled water then dry it before calibrating.

You need to store it in a liquid (usually KCl) deep enough to keep the tip submerged. On mine you can just use the cap of the pen and fill it halfway, then store it cap down.

If you buy the solution, get one that says anti-fungal, or bacterial, or whatever. You won't have to change it as often.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
On the pH meter, even the Apera says to dry the sensor - when calibrating. It says to rinse it in distilled water then dry it before calibrating.

You need to store it in a liquid (usually KCl) deep enough to keep the tip submerged. On mine you can just use the cap of the pen and fill it halfway, then store it cap down.

If you buy the solution, get one that says anti-fungal, or bacterial, or whatever. You won't have to change it as often.
Cool beans. I thought it was odd that the instructions say to dry it but every bit of info I've gotten on here says to store it wet or in a solution. Can i get KCI on Amazon? Or some kind of local store? I'm not sure what the abbreviation stands for.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Cool beans. I thought it was odd that the instructions say to dry it but every bit of info I've gotten on here says to store it wet or in a solution. Can i get KCI on Amazon? Or some kind of local store? I'm not sure what the abbreviation stands for.
KCL is potassium chloride.

Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WW82VS5/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_QyedEbJZSK0BD

To clarify the whole dry/wet thing...you'd want to dry it before calibrating to get an accurate reading, the storage solution will affect the pH of the calibration solution. After calibrating, store it wet to keep the probe primed.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So today was transplant day for the rest of the plants. I moved one a couple of days ago because it seemed as if it were rootbound and i believe it was. It now looks happy and healthy, no longer droopy.

So they are now all in 2.5qt pots. All of the GS crosses are in my homemade soil mix and the white widow is in fox farm ocean forest. They were definitely ready for it.

So I found what I believe is an earwig in one of the plants. When I pulled the plant from its pot there was a bug like the one is the attached picture kickin' it on my roots. The plant itself looks healthy and it didn't seem to have any root damage. Is there anything I need to do? I got that bug off but that doesn't mean there aren't eggs or others I didn't see.

I'm also bringing up the amount of sensi cal-mag that I'm feeding the plants. They seem to have a deficiency. I've even been doing a foliar feed with it and FF Big Bloom.

One of the crosses seem to have some kind of odd leaf deformity. The humidity in the grow area stays around 42% with a low of 36 and a high of 56 over the last 2 weeks. The temp is 78 with a high of 84 and low of 70 over the same time period. The canopy heat is similar as well. Some of the leaves have went wavy and some of the new growth is literally coming out sideways. I can't figure it out. But it is the only one that severe. 1 of the others has 1 wavy leaf and not near as bad as the one.

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So today was transplant day for the rest of the plants. I moved one a couple of days ago because it seemed as if it were rootbound and i believe it was. It now looks happy and healthy, no longer droopy.

So they are now all in 2.5qt pots. All of the GS crosses are in my homemade soil mix and the white widow is in fox farm ocean forest. They were definitely ready for it.

So I found what I believe is an earwig in one of the plants. When I pulled the plant from its pot there was a bug like the one is the attached picture kickin' it on my roots. The plant itself looks healthy and it didn't seem to have any root damage. Is there anything I need to do? I got that bug off but that doesn't mean there aren't eggs or others I didn't see.

I'm also bringing up the amount of sensi cal-mag that I'm feeding the plants. They seem to have a deficiency. I've even been doing a foliar feed with it and FF Big Bloom.

One of the crosses seem to have some kind of odd leaf deformity. The humidity in the grow area stays around 42% with a low of 36 and a high of 56 over the last 2 weeks. The temp is 78 with a high of 84 and low of 70 over the same time period. The canopy heat is similar as well. Some of the leaves have went wavy and some of the new growth is literally coming out sideways. I can't figure it out. But it is the only one that severe. 1 of the others has 1 wavy leaf and not near as bad as the one.
Eww! Earwigs! Gross!

LMAO. They have those out on Vancouver Island. They always freak me out. Kind of centipede-like.

I don’t think they’re bad for plants are they?

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I don't think the earwig is much to worry about. They generally eat dead, decomposing vegetation, though I've had them nibble a leaf here or there on outdoor plants. Anyway, I haven't seen them cause a ton of damage and they're definitely not a high concern like spider mites, thrips, etc.

Nice roots, they definitely look ready for new shoes.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Eww! Earwigs! Gross!

LMAO. They have those out on Vancouver Island. They always freak me out. Kind of centipede-like.

I don’t think they’re bad for plants are they?
I know man. It scared the shit out of me. If I hadn't had gardening gloves on I may have dropped my plant. As it was, I dropped it right back in the pot to have a what the fuck moment. Then promptly put it down the drain. The reading I've been doing seems to suggest that they aren't. I'm in the Southeast and those things and stink bugs are everywhere.
I don't think the earwig is much to worry about. They generally eat dead, decomposing vegetation, though I've had them nibble a leaf here or there on outdoor plants. Anyway, I haven't seen them cause a ton of damage and they're definitely not a high concern like spider mites, thrips, etc.

Nice roots, they definitely look ready for new shoes.
Thanks for the input. I'm glad to see it isn't horribly dangerous for the plant.

Also glad to see that someone else also thinks the roots look healthy. I thought they all looked great. They were white, thick, and everywhere. I definitely thought it was time to move them to larger pots.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
As of 2 this afternoon, something is clearly wrong with my plants. Symptoms as of now are some of the previous issues, slight yellowing on lower leaves which I believed to be a magnesium or nitrogen deficiency. That was 18 hours ago. Now I've got some brown spotting on some of the lower leaves. I looked over every inch of these plants while I was transplanting yesterday and there were no signs of the browning of the leaves. Could this be a belated light burn?

There were definitely some changes as I transplanted last night. pH was 6.84 according to my pen which from some of the people on here have told me may not be the best pen for an accurate reading. It is a Vivosun. I did water after transplant as i transplanted dry. Used big bloom and Cal-mag with a ppm of 698. Run off ppm was 748 as I've barely used nutes on them in their small pots. 25% doses of organic supplements. No nutes in the soil aside from the WW. They have been under a new light since Thursday, a 300w reflector at an 18inch distance. RH is 52% and temp is 75F.

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
As of 2 this afternoon, something is clearly wrong with my plants. Symptoms as of now are some of the previous issues, slight yellowing on lower leaves which I believed to be a magnesium or nitrogen deficiency. That was 18 hours ago. Now I've got some brown spotting on some of the lower leaves. I looked over every inch of these plants while I was transplanting yesterday and there were no signs of the browning of the leaves. Could this be a belated light burn?

There were definitely some changes as I transplanted last night. pH was 6.84 according to my pen which from some of the people on here have told me may not be the best pen for an accurate reading. It is a Vivosun. I did water after transplant as i transplanted dry. Used big bloom and Cal-mag with a ppm of 698. Run off ppm was 748 as I've barely used nutes on them in their small pots. 25% doses of organic supplements. No nutes in the soil aside from the WW. They have been under a new light since Thursday, a 300w reflector at an 18inch distance. RH is 52% and temp is 75F.
Hmm. Hard to say. Here's a bump for you. Are you in some kind of Fox Farm soil?

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Hmm. Hard to say. Here's a bump for you. Are you in some kind of Fox Farm soil?
Thanks and only 1 is in FF ocean forest. That one did not receive anything but the cal-mag. Just transplanted about 20 hours ago. The others are in my homemade soil. It is a blend of seedling mix with no nutes, perlite, peat moss, and vermiculite. No supplements in the soil as of yet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks and only 1 is in FF ocean forest. That one did not receive anything but the cal-mag. Just transplanted about 20 hours ago. The others are in my homemade soil. It is a blend of seedling mix with no nutes, perlite, peat moss, and vermiculite. No supplements in the soil as of yet.
Don't completely discount the FFOF soil. It has a lot of beneficial stuff in it specifically for MJ plants - it is just a little hot for most babies. Thinned out with other soil it should be fine. Underfed can show bad things like overfed can.

Anyway, at this stage they should grow rather quick, so keep an eye on how your new leaves look. Just my opinion is that they are short on nitrogen because the newer stuff looks a lot lighter green (in the pic, might not in real life) than the older leaves.

Finding a good starter soil that can feed your plants through this stage without being "too much" is really helpful. I have tried several, and their FF Happy Frog does that without burning plants. I usually went a three weeks to a month without them needing food, just cal-mag'ed water.

WARNING! It does seem to be gnat-prone, so I am trying something different this grow, but I never actually saw what I can prove is gnat damage to a plant - they are a nasty pain in the ass, but can be kept in check if eradication is not possible.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And short on nitrogen (one of the "big 3" NPK) usually just means feed them. It looks like those are the one-blade seed-leaves that are looking wilted. I usually use the cotyledon dying (next lower set) as a clue to when they need their first food. If it is those bottom leaves, it shouldn't be anything to stress over. They die.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Don't completely discount the FFOF soil. It has a lot of beneficial stuff in it specifically for MJ plants - it is just a little hot for most babies. Thinned out with other soil it should be fine. Underfed can show bad things like overfed can.

Anyway, at this stage they should grow rather quick, so keep an eye on how your new leaves look. Just my opinion is that they are short on nitrogen because the newer stuff looks a lot lighter green (in the pic, might not in real life) than the older leaves.

Finding a good starter soil that can feed your plants through this stage without being "too much" is really helpful. I have tried several, and their FF Happy Frog does that without burning plants. I usually went a three weeks to a month without them needing food, just cal-mag'ed water.

WARNING! It does seem to be gnat-prone, so I am trying something different this grow, but I never actually saw what I can prove is gnat damage to a plant - they are a nasty pain in the ass, but can be kept in check if eradication is not possible.
And short on nitrogen (one of the "big 3" NPK) usually just means feed them. It looks like those are the one-blade seed-leaves that are looking wilted. I usually use the cotyledon dying (next lower set) as a clue to when they need their first food. If it is those bottom leaves, it shouldn't be anything to stress over. They die.
Thanks @H.A.F I was counting on you to pop up shortly. So i love the fox farm soil. I'm not discounting it a bit. I'm actually saving it specifically for females and that white Widow is feminised which is why it was put in the ocean forest. The others are yet to be determined sex wise so once I find the females I'll put them in FFOF. It is a bit pricey for me at the moment to put them all in it to start, even recycling the soil.

So I am dosing all of them with Sensi Cal-mag Xtra from advanced nutrients every water. It is a 4-0-0 with 3.2% Ca, 1.1% Mg, 0.05% MN, 0.09% Fe, 0.05% Zn. Then the big bloom every few waters.

They have been exhibiting the yellowing leaves at the first set of true leaves and the tops of the plants. Then today when i checked in on them they had brown spots all over the bottom leaves starting from the tips and sides. A couple have what look like scrape marks on them. Obviously they look worse under the light but they look a bit rough under regular light as well. You think it is a nutrient deficiency? I've got the tiger bloom at 2-8-4 and grow big at 6-4-4. I can feed them with one of those if you think that may be the issue. I was concerned it was a light burn as they have been under a new light for a few days now but no signs of the taco leaf yet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Could it also be transplant stress? They're not wilted, just a bit burnt looking.
Just saying that they are big enough to maybe need food. Especially if you have been hesitant. You are johnny on the spot though. Look at what you have been giving them and see if that might be the case. If you do feed it will be very light anyway, so it shouldn't push them too far in either direction.

It looks like you watered them in at transplant, so let it set for a day or so and see if it gets better or worse. They are in new soil, and it is not completely inert, so watch for change.