Let It Always Sow A Seed Of Memory

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So the seedlings are definitely progressing. All of their root systems seem to have really, for lack of a better phrase, taken root. Their color is a nice deep green with the exception of one that is a bit lighter but not by much. A couple of wavy leaves on 2 of them and those being some of the largest leaves.

Attachments

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Get some storage solution as well as calibration solution for the ph pen.
They take some care to make them last. Don't let the Ph pen dry out.
Good tip Turpman. I can't stress enough about this either.
@Seed of Memory something for you to consider as you gain more experience in the hobby. If you like to tinker and optimize, then it may be a good idea to invest in a premium pH and/or PPM meter. You can roll the dice without one, and having one of any level of quality is usually better than nothing.. However, I bit the bullet and went for a Bluelab and have never looked back. I have that exact same set of Vivosun and the pH was off by at least .4 points and PPM by at least 70 points when compared to the Bluelab (both were calibrated using the same solutions). Just like any tools, it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish and how deeply invested you are into the hobby/project. I'm only speaking from my experience in hydro and coco, soil is much more forgiving and may not require something as precise.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
@Seed of Memory something for you to consider as you gain more experience in the hobby. If you like to tinker and optimize, then it may be a good idea to invest in a premium pH and/or PPM meter. You can roll the dice without one, and having one of any level of quality is usually better than nothing.. However, I bit the bullet and went for a Bluelab and have never looked back. I have that exact same set of Vivosun and the pH was off by at least .4 points and PPM by at least 70 points when compared to the Bluelab (both were calibrated using the same solutions). Just like any tools, it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish and how deeply invested you are into the hobby/project. I'm only speaking from my experience in hydro and coco, soil is much more forgiving and may not require something as precise.
+1 to that.

I went with Apera for my pH pen, mainly due to the replaceable sensor bulb. It's a solid device and I'm happy I spent the extra money. As it goes with tools or anything where quality matters, "buy once, cry once".

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
+1 to that.

I went with Apera for my pH pen, mainly due to the replaceable sensor bulb. It's a solid device and I'm happy I spent the extra money. As it goes with tools or anything where quality matters, "buy once, cry once".
For the one off jobs that require some obscure tool that was originally made by a premium brand, if there's a harbor freight knockoff I typically go for that. If it breaks, fuck it lol. But for important and repeated jobs that require reliability, I'll spring for the good shit.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
For the one off jobs that require some obscure tool that was originally made by a premium brand, if there's a harbor freight knockoff I typically go for that. If it breaks, fuck it lol. But for important and repeated jobs that require reliability, I'll spring for the good shit.
For sure. I love HF, but there are some things I'd never trust. My general rule is if there are no moving parts, HF tools are awesome. :ROFLMAO:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Get your self 7 and 4 calibration solution. That will give something stable to test your meter. They do drift over time and have to be calibrated.
RO and especially dystilled are even worse for eratic tendencys. No buffers. If you want to do some playing, mix up a pint of fert and see where your PH and ppm land then adjust PH to your liking.
Now you can multiply what you added for say 5gallons.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I took mine to,the hydro store to get calibrated. And the guy chuckled. I aint never seen one of these before. Not even a week later I had a cal mag issue because the meter tested incorrectly. Then I got a Hanna. Always rinse the end with ro water before putting it away!! Jme

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I took mine to,the hydro store to get calibrated. And the guy chuckled. I aint never seen one of these before. Not even a week later I had a cal mag issue because the meter tested incorrectly. Then I got a Hanna. Always rinse the end with ro water before putting it away!! Jme
Terpy's got it right. No matter your pen, rinse it off before you store! With constant (plug in) meters just calibrate every 2 months or so. Most people are using pens so the storage tips being mentioned are a must! Good call @TerpyTyrone

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Terpy's got it right. No matter your pen, rinse it off before you store! With constant (plug in) meters just calibrate every 2 months or so. Most people are using pens so the storage tips being mentioned are a must! Good call @TerpyTyrone
I did rinse it with distilled. It was in the instructions. Though realistically how the hell are you supposed to dry it? It says to anyway. Thanks for the info guys. Seems I'm still feeling my way through.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I did rinse it with distilled. It was in the instructions. Though realistically how the hell are you supposed to dry it? It says to anyway. Thanks for the info guys. Seems I'm still feeling my way through.
Don't dry it. At the very least put a tiny bit of water in the cap then put it on. Dry = death and fucked up readings for your pen. My constantly plugged in probes are in a jar of water ready to test various shit coming. With non-constant probes proper (hydrated) storage is paramount.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Don't dry it. At the very least put a tiny bit of water in the cap then put it on. Dry = death and fucked up readings for your pen. My constantly plugged in probes are in a jar of water ready to test various shit coming. With non-constant probes proper (hydrated) storage is paramount.
So both meters need to retain moisture?
@Seed of Memory

Here are a couple links for your consideration.

Bluelab pH pen

Apera PH60 pH pen kit

One thing I'd like to point out, the Bluelab link is for the pen only. The Apera link is for a kit that comes with a carrying case, a bit of storage solution and calibration solutions.

I personally use the Apera, but either would serve your needs well.
Thanks. I'll check them out and get one ordered.