Let’s talk movies!

F series

Insanely Active Member
Didn't see whole thread, but I see no one is talking about pandorum. I loved that movie, it's the type of movie where I've watched it countless times just because I insisted on making people watch it... I hope it's actually good haha

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I watched all the Saw movies before this recent run of space movies.

They are pretty damn gore from like 3 onwards, definitely had to cover my eyes a few times haha!

But wow the story of the series is phenomenal! They must have written it allll before film 1 and I appreciate that a lot, the story was fantastic for the type of movie series it is. I like how they unfold everything at the end of the movies and they tie up all their loose ends.

There was one particular loose end from movie 1 I was like... Uh what the heck about this? And they thankfully wrapped it up before the end of the 8th movie. But damn I love the twists! I almost died at the ending of 5 I like DO ITTTT MAN DO ITTTT hahahahaha! So good!

I’m going to throw these rankings down, not as a single movie list, but as how well I thought they played into the whole series, if that makes sense... For example I think 1 is easily the best stand alone movie but in the whole series I don’t think it’s the best.

1)Saw 6
2)Saw 5
3)Jigsaw (Saw 8)
4)Saw 1
5)Saw 3
6)Saw 3D (Saw 7)
7)Saw 2
8)Saw 4

The top 3 are all really close for me. ☮
Ha I wanted my daughter to be jigsaw for Halloween but she picked ellsa 😔

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
They say Gettysburg is haunted. Anything to that?
Watched about all of these types of movies over the years. All the Documentaries about the battles etc.
I love that shit! Where are your ancestors from in the south?
i spent 43 days sleeping there and You hear some weird shit , I went there when I was 3 with My Grandparents and My Mother and there is a tour bus that takes You around , I vaguely remember it, I was telling the Tour Ranger where the Confederate units were on the far left and where THE 11TH Mississippi attacked near the Bryan Farm. I had 2 ggg Cousins die in Co G of the Old Grays 11th Mississippi, My GrandFather talked about that day when He was on Hospice . He said Me knowing that confirmed to Him there was afterlife . I don't remember talking about the Units and where they were but during filming I did stay on the far left of Picketts charge near the Bryan Farm barn and I have one of the 500 Dale Gallon signed 11th Mississippi paintings done when they put up the Monument commemorating the Unit. Those went out to decendants of the Unit . I had Family in the 24th Ga Cobbs Legion, NC Units ( A County near New Bern is named after My Family ) so many lived there. Lousiana units and My GGGfather's Brother was up in Missouri and lived on the Farm next to the James's near Liberty. They rode with Bloody Bill Anderson and later Quantrill . So Yes My family mostly fought for the South but My mothers side had a few in the Union Army in Iowa units.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
i spent 43 days sleeping there and You hear some weird shit , I went there when I was 3 with My Grandparents and My Mother and there is a tour bus that takes You around , I vaguely remember it, I was telling the Tour Ranger where the Confederate units were on the far left and where THE 11TH Mississippi attacked near the Bryan Farm. I had 2 ggg Cousins die in Co G of the Old Grays 11th Mississippi, My GrandFather talked about that day when He was on Hospice . He said Me knowing that confirmed to Him there was afterlife . I don't remember talking about the Units and where they were but during filming I did stay on the far left of Picketts charge near the Bryan Farm barn and I have one of the 500 Dale Gallon signed 11th Mississippi paintings done when they put up the Monument commemorating the Unit. Those went out to decendants of the Unit . I had Family in the 24th Ga Cobbs Legion, NC Units ( A County near New Bern is named after My Family ) so many lived there. Lousiana units and My GGGfather's Brother was up in Missouri and lived on the Farm next to the James's near Liberty. They rode with Bloody Bill Anderson and later Quantrill . So Yes My family mostly fought for the South but My mothers side had a few in the Union Army in Iowa units.
Imperishable Glory by Dale Gallon . image.jpegimage.jpeg

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
"Fury" is one of the baddest ass war movies ever made. Starring Brad Pitt.
Fantastic!
Go and watch "War Horse" Now! You will love it.
Did you watch "The Black Sea"?
Sounds good, War Horse is near the top of the list! Thank you :D

And yessir, Black Sea was great! I’m going to have to watch all the submarine movies again because they all blurred together a bit. I remember U-571 was for sure one of the best!

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Event Horizon.
Scott Pilgrm VS the World. Set in TO...i can spot most places in it.
I just watched Event Horizon, it was alright. I’m not going to lie, it’s not going to be in the top 10. I think it’s kind of like Life and the Alien movies in that I just don’t think space was the main movie genre.

Oh I didn’t know that about the setting! I actually saw a show last year that blew my mind, Black Summer, it’s set in Calgary and was like wait a minuteeee! And the place they’re trying to get to is the Saddledome hahaha!

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
And wow @Heathenraider you’ve got some crazy stories!! That’s so cool!

How did someone paint that photo? Like was there a dude out there with his canvas and oils smearing 20 feet away during battle? LOL! Or did someone like take a snapshot and then it was recreated? You never know how they did it back in the day haha!

Gods and Generals is near the top buddy!

Last edited:

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
And wow @Heathenraider you’ve got some crazy stories!! That’s so cool!

How did someone paint that photo? Like was there a dude out there with his canvas and oils smearing 20 feet away during battle? LOL! Or did someone like take a snapshot and then it was recreated? You never know how they did it back in the day haha!

Gods and Generals is near the top buddy!
It's a painting based off Historical accounts of the charge by the few survivors , 855 Men were in the 11TH Mississippi on July 3rd , 1863 before the charge , after the charge 193 . Rest Killed Wounded or Captured. Co G was the Old Grays which consisted of the entire Student Body of the University of Mississippi, When the charge was over the entire Co was dead on the field. 2 were my GGG Cousins who were Twin Brothers.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
It's a painting based off Historical accounts of the charge by the few survivors , 855 Men were in the 11TH Mississippi on July 3rd , 1863 before the charge , after the charge 193 . Rest Killed Wounded or Captured. Co G was the Old Grays which consisted of the entire Student Body of the University of Mississippi, When the charge was over the entire Co was dead on the field. 2 were my GGG Cousins who were Twin Brothers.
Wow it’s so mind blowing to hear real stories of war, I haven’t heard a war story outside of a movie in probably 15 years! I’m sorry to hear you lost family friend. Thank you for sharing

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Wow it’s so mind blowing to hear real stories of war, I haven’t heard a war story outside of a movie in probably 15 years! I’m sorry to hear you lost family friend. Thank you for sharing
I am sure I will bump into Them Someday , what better way to die than fighting for a cause? Even if You don't agree with the cause they fought for, brave Men some Blue some Gray. Far better than laying on Your back in a Hospital with machines and tubes all over, that is the worst way to go .

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I am sure I will bump into Them Someday , what better way to die than fighting for a cause? Even if You don't agree with the cause they fought for, brave Men some Blue some Gray. Far better than laying on Your back in a Hospital with machines and tubes all over, that is the worst way to go .
For sure!! Thanks again for sharing, really moving stuff!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I read a book about the 101st Airborne called "Citizen Soldiers" by Stephen Ambrose.
I could not put that book down. The stories of the individual men were so facsinating.
The Saving Private Ryan movie was highly influenced by this book.
The 101st took out the big guns on D Day that were shelling down on Omaha Beach.
These guys were the ones that held the "crossroads" town of Bastogne when Hitler made his "breakout" in the Ardennes Forest.
I done a lot of research on WW2.

Last edited:

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I read a book about the 101st Airborne called "Citizen Soldiers" by Stephen Ambrose.
I could not put that book down. The stories of the individual men were so facsinating.
The Saving Private Ryan movie was highly influenced by this book.
The 101st took out the big guns on D Day that were shelling down on Omaha Beach.
These guys were the ones that held the "crossroads" town of Bastogne when Hitler made his "breakout".
I done a lot of research on WW2.
That’s a good book. Halfway through hackworth’s book right now. For the second time.