Let’s talk movies!

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I watched all the Saw movies before this recent run of space movies.

They are pretty damn gore from like 3 onwards, definitely had to cover my eyes a few times haha!

But wow the story of the series is phenomenal! They must have written it allll before film 1 and I appreciate that a lot, the story was fantastic for the type of movie series it is. I like how they unfold everything at the end of the movies and they tie up all their loose ends.

There was one particular loose end from movie 1 I was like... Uh what the heck about this? And they thankfully wrapped it up before the end of the 8th movie. But damn I love the twists! I almost died at the ending of 5 I like DO ITTTT MAN DO ITTTT hahahahaha! So good!

I’m going to throw these rankings down, not as a single movie list, but as how well I thought they played into the whole series, if that makes sense... For example I think 1 is easily the best stand alone movie but in the whole series I don’t think it’s the best.

1)Saw 6
2)Saw 5
3)Jigsaw (Saw 8)
4)Saw 1
5)Saw 3
6)Saw 3D (Saw 7)
7)Saw 2
8)Saw 4

The top 3 are all really close for me. ☮

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Whoa I just finished Mission to Mars! Fantastic movie! I was worried it was going to be too sci-fi but they nailed it!!

Honestly their theory of life is probably the most likely case. Great flick! Giving it a 7/10. If they went into more detail and had a higher budget this film could’ve been a 9. Beauty.

Hawkoio

That’s intense! I haven’t seen Gettysburg, but have been into some war flix lately! I will check it out, thank you!

Can’t believe you were there so long, I figured extras just a few shifts, that’s sweet!
One of my favourite movies is A love Song For Bobby Long!
John Travolta
Gabriel Macht
Scarlett Johansson
Give it look let me know what you think smoke a big one before :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
One of my favourite movies is A love Song For Bobby Long!
John Travolta
Gabriel Macht
Scarlett Johansson
Give it look let me know what you think smoke a big one before :)
IT’S ON THE LIST!! I’m on a space binge at the moment but I’ll throw it right at the top for you buddy :D

Can’t go wrong with some JT and Scarlett J!

edit: I just read the description, sounds very good!!

You like “Rock n Rolla” @gwheels? I’m a Guy Ritchie fan myself and enjoy movies with good soundtracks as well. Some of my favs:

Beverly Hills Cop 1, 2
Top Gun
Braveheart
Gladiator
Layer Cake
Rock n Rolla
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Sherlock Holmes
Black Hawk Down
Body of Lies
Pirates of the Caribbean (only 1)
Last Samurai
Home Alone 1, 2
The Notebook (no judgement needed, I’m comfortable)

...many many more I cant think of.

tv shows: Office and Peaky Blinders

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Event Horizon
12 Monkeys
The Shining
The Hobbit/LOTR
Aliens/Prometheus/Blade Runner (anything Ridley Scott)
Labyrinth (tripped acid and watched this once, was amazing)
Ready Player One
Alita Battle Angel
IT
Karate Kid
Star Wars (4-6)
Pan's Labyrinth
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The People Under the Stairs
Mighty Ducks
Sandlot

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
FIRE LISTS GUYS!!

I’ve seen everything on your list @MtRainDog great choices!! Mighty Ducks is such a classic for me, same with the Sandlot! Good shout on Event Horizon, I’m probably going to get to that one tonight so I can throw it into my rankings comfortably :) Ready Player One and the Hobbit series are also on my to watch very soon list, love those movies so much!!

I actually haven’t seen everything on your list @ChronicWonders haha! Layer Cake, Rock n Rolla, and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Nice shout on the Notebook, not many can admit it, but she’s a banger!! Haha!

I can’t decide whether to classify the movie Life as a space movie. It’s very space oriented so I don’t think I can throw it straight into the horror category. I think it’s going to have to be on the space rankings list..

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I just finished First Man though. Holy!! Dramatic, but suspenseful. I don’t want to put people off by saying dramatic because it was a very very very good film! The drama is entrenched in suspense and anxiousness. It’s shot with some real footage, the scene where they show the moon is especially shivery, very cool stuff! I’m going to easily give it an 8/10 but it’s on the higher side of that rating. Might even break my system to say 8.5.

I liked it just as much as Apollo 13, they’re neck and neck for me and I can’t call Apollo 13 a simple 8/10 either.

One of the only movies I have at a 9/10 or higher is Interstellar. Easily the best space movie for me, and probably a top 3 all timer for me. Can’t wait to bust this final space ranking!! Ahhhh

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
And I reconsidered Life, if I include it I’ll have to include the Alien movies and I don’t want to do that. So Life will go into Horror/Fantasy.

edit: My gosh, now I’m reconsidering Passengers... if it’s not space then what would it be? Lol! Fml

I just feel like the space part doesn’t really play in it. I’m not including it. It’s going into Drama/Suspense thriller or something.

Last edited:
I read Dr. Sleep a while back. I used to read and collect books until my eyes went bad. Dr. Sleep is pretty damn good. Hope the movie lives up to the writing.

In case anyone is curious....................it's a long long awaited follow up about the boy who was in "The Shining". Good Stephen King stuff :alien: