Let’s talk movies!

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
That’s intense! I haven’t seen Gettysburg, but have been into some war flix lately! I will check it out, thank you!

You like “Rock n Rolla” @gwheels? I’m a Guy Ritchie fan myself and enjoy movies with good soundtracks as well. Some of my favs:

Beverly Hills Cop 1, 2
Top Gun
Braveheart
Gladiator
Layer Cake
Rock n Rolla
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Sherlock Holmes
Black Hawk Down
Body of Lies
Pirates of the Caribbean (only 1)
Last Samurai
Home Alone 1, 2
The Notebook (no judgement needed, I’m comfortable)

...many many more I cant think of.

tv shows: Office and Peaky Blinders
I was in Mogidishu during the events of BlackHawk Down, In the stadium and was part of the QRF force that went out and formed skirmish line to cover the Boys on their way out. I put 1400 rds down range thru my SAW that day, knocked a skinnies head right off , He was firing a Russian Heavy MG mounted in the back of a pick up truck. I watched His head come CLEAN off and the damdest thing He rattled off at least 20 more rounds before He dropped with no fucking head.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I’m not going to lie guys, I tried to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey last night and holy crap the first 45 minutes takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

By the way you can’t just hold down the key to do that. That’s how long it was.

The theories they presented were unreal ahead of their time, as were their models! Very very very ahead, maybe 30 years ahead of it’s time! It looks better visually than some space movies from the 90’s lol!

Anyways, I’m going to finish it later, but damn not going to lie that start with my lack of focus late at night did not match.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I will add Spaceballs to the list! Thanks :)

Aliens is on rotation, you’re right they get a bit meh. But I still enjoy the whole series, even the recent 2, though not as much.
What about Apollo 17?
Or Riddick
Comedy
Meet The Smucks
Duplex lol
How about B movies? Zombies? lmao!
Watch
Hide and Creep and Last of the Living
I've seen every movie at least once. lol

Last edited:

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
What about Apollo 17?
How about B movies? Zombies? lmao!
Watch
Hide and Creep and Last of the Living
You mean Apollo 18? I’m not going to include space horrors, I want the main theme of the movie to be space, and not sci-fi either. There’s a line, I don’t know if that makes sense, but I drew it and I guess it’s personal preference haha! I’m also not including Life, Alien movies, even Passengers, because I don’t think Passengers really is a space movie in the sense I’m looking for, it’s more drama/sci-fi.

Omg zombie movies are one of my faves! I’m tough to please with them though! I’ll look those up, thank you!

And thanks Jesse, I will also look into keeping mum!

Rock n Rolla is near the top of my list now, sounds like a gooder! :)

PS I can’t include Contact in space movies it’s sci-fi and it’s all set on Earth.

Last edited:

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Love my movies lol great thread idea☝☝☝
Seen some major heavy hitters missing lol
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
The green mile
Spun 🤣🤣🤣( crazy ass movie)
Inglorious basterds
Split
Braveheart
Indiana fucking Jones 😁😁😉
Forrest Gump(Tom Hanks fan,can you tell lol, we have the same birthday😁😁😁
Jurassic Park
And some others lol this chems got me stuck 🤣🤣🤣

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Love my movies lol great thread idea☝☝☝
Seen some major heavy hitters missing lol
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
The green mile
Spun 🤣🤣🤣( crazy ass movie)
Inglorious basterds
Split
Braveheart
Indiana fucking Jones 😁😁😉
Forrest Gump(Tom Hanks fan,can you tell lol, we have the same birthday😁😁😁
Jurassic Park
And some others lol this chems got me stuck 🤣🤣🤣
Oh dude Tom Hanks!! What a dream boat, like a legit real good person!! 💕

How about Cast Away? I want to say that movie was life changing for me. It was so good!

You’ve got a great list there, I see you appreciate your dramas! I think it’s probably the most powerful secondary movie genre like if I was making a movie I’d want something with drama :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Speaking of drama, anyone watch You on Netflix? That show was a beauty! Similar to Gossip Girl but more Dextery! I loved it! Thriller/Drama

It’s a good one your wives/gf will watch with you too :)

At the same time.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
It's completely not what it seems. Lol.
Castaway🔥🔥🔥 I should be shot for forgetting that one 🤣🤣🤣
Couple more
Platoon
Predator 1
Ghostbusters
Fantasia
Scarface ( hilarious to my demented ass)
Django
Titanic
Independence day
The Goonies
Shawshank
And I'll stop there👍👍👍
You forgot War Horse, Fury, Hacksaw Ridge. Sargent York
How bout "The General" with Buster Keaton
The Postman, Waterworld and A Perfect World , Fandango (Kevin Costner)
Reign of Fire(Christian Bale)
Sorry, getting carried away. lol
You have a lot of movies to watch!
I know 100's more. lol

And 1 final war movie "Lone Survivor" (Mark Wahlberg)Story of the Navy Seals Operation Redwings

Last edited:

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
You forgot War Horse, Fury, Hacksaw Ridge. Sargent York
How bout "The General" with Buster Keaton
The Postman, Waterworld and A Perfect World , Fandango (Kevin Costner)
Reign of Fire(Christian Bale)
Sorry, getting carried away. lol
You have a lot of movies to watch!
I know 100's more. lol

And 1 final war movie "Lone Survivor" (Mark Wahlberg)Story of the Navy Seals Operation Redwings
This is a fire list!!!!

The Kevin Coster movies were honestly some of the best from my childhood! The Postman really was a winner!

KC as Robin Hood! Dances with Wolves! Field of Dreams! Tin Cup! 3000 Miles to Graceland! For the Love of the Game! The Bodyguard! Man we’re talking easily my favourite actor here! And I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone mention Fandango before! Wow

He’s a god, look at that movie list!!! And it’s all him, he’s a game changer! By the way Waterworld, Tin Cup, and the Postman were all in a row, in a 2 year span, unreal.

He’s also a great person in real life. God I think I spilled enough, is it true love? 💕

Last edited:

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I actually did a war movie run recently but not very in depth, so it’ll be a while probably before I go back into them :)

Hacksaw Ridge I saw for the first time recently and damn!!! What a story and what a movie! I love the true story war movies, it really adds that extra emotion! I actually haven’t seen War Horse, is it solid?

And dude massive Reign of Fire shout!! @NoWaistedSpace Like the primeness of underratedness! Christian Bale is a keeper too! Really gets into his characters ;)

I’m thinking about doing a submarine movie ranking because there are some real bangers in there! It’s a short list though, not a lot of them.

And I just finished Silent Running. Good movie, won’t make the top 10 though. I didn’t think there was enough to actually do with space and it was too... silent... for me. Lol! I’ll still give it a 5.5 and worth a watch though. It’s original. I feel like Star Wars may have even knocked off some of the drone ideas. I particularly liked the part where he made them play cards, so funny!

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I actually did a war movie run recently but not very in depth, so it’ll be a while probably before I go back into them :)

Hacksaw Ridge I saw for the first time recently and damn!!! What a story and what a movie! I love the true story war movies, it really adds that extra emotion! I actually haven’t seen War Horse, is it solid?

And dude massive Reign of Fire shout!! @NoWaistedSpace Like the primeness of underratedness! Christian Bale is a keeper too! Really gets into his characters ;)

I’m thinking about doing a submarine movie ranking because there are some real bangers in there! It’s a short list though, not a lot of them.

And I just finished Silent Running. Good movie, won’t make the top 10 though. I didn’t think there was enough to actually do with space and it was too... silent... for me. Lol! I’ll still give it a 5.5 and worth a watch though. It’s original. I feel like Star Wars may have even knocked off some of the drone ideas. I particularly liked the part where he made them play cards, so funny!
"Fury" is one of the baddest ass war movies ever made. Starring Brad Pitt.
Fantastic!
Go and watch "War Horse" Now! You will love it.
Did you watch "The Black Sea"?

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Gods and Generals Extended version, its a must see. The best balanced version of the Southern outlook of the War , It is mainly about the Greatest Military mind America has ever had , bar none. Stonewall Jackson . It accurately depicted the fact that Jackson was actively lobbying for the Confederate Government to end slavery . Robert E Lee was played by Robert Duvall who is a descendent of Lee . Jacksons flank attack was the battle plan used by Schwartzkof in the 1st Gulf war . Caught the Iraqi's sleeping just like Jackson caught the 11th Corp of Hookers Army sleeping at Chancellorsville . I was unable to be an extra due to life but to this day I regret not packing up the kit and going .

I’m not going to lie guys, I tried to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey last night and holy crap the first 45 minutes takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

By the way you can’t just hold down the key to do that. That’s how long it was.

The theories they presented were unreal ahead of their time, as were their models! Very very very ahead, maybe 30 years ahead of it’s time! It looks better visually than some space movies from the 90’s lol!

Anyways, I’m going to finish it later, but damn not going to lie that start with my lack of focus late at night did not match.
Arthur C. Clarke was an amazing man and an even more amazing writer. Look him up. You wont get bored by his books or anything he does. The first 45 minutes of 2001 wasn't his fault tho. That was all Kubrick.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Gods and Generals Extended version, its a must see. The best balanced version of the Southern outlook of the War , It is mainly about the Greatest Military mind America has ever had , bar none. Stonewall Jackson . It accurately depicted the fact that Jackson was actively lobbying for the Confederate Government to end slavery . Robert E Lee was played by Robert Duvall who is a descendent of Lee . Jacksons flank attack was the battle plan used by Schwartzkof in the 1st Gulf war . Caught the Iraqi's sleeping just like Jackson caught the 11th Corp of Hookers Army sleeping at Chancellorsville . I was unable to be an extra due to life but to this day I regret not packing up the kit and going .
They say Gettysburg is haunted. Anything to that?
Watched about all of these types of movies over the years. All the Documentaries about the battles etc.
I love that shit! Where are your ancestors from in the south?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I got the flu. It’s bad real bad. Been laying around for a week and it might last another week from what the dr said. I rarely have time to watch movies. So I though now was a good time. I watched “it”. The new joker movie. And some other movie about a cell phone that was real and fucked with the owner. It I liked cause when I was 9-10years old I watched it a million times and this was the remake of it. Joker was a good one too both deserve to be watched