**HydroRed's Horticultural Whorehouse**

Texagonian

Outlaw
Temps lights on have been around 75-78 and rh has been anywhere from 35-55. The weather here in Portland has decided to get really dry and hot which is kinda unusual. Normally it’s in the mid seventies and about 50% humidity. Roots on the bigger plant have made it into the main part of the bucket and are healthy white and growing quite well. Decided to switch to my sample of mega crop ph at 5.8-6.2 and ppm about 450. Was using gh three part initially but was dying to try the mc and see what the buzz was about. Seems it is a very solid nutrient and had immediate positive response. I may build a f&d system since I have everything but the fittings for the flood tray. Anyways, critique away✌🏻

Texagonian

Outlaw
Sorry for the delay, pops isn’t doing good at all and it’s had myself and the rest of the family stretched pretty thin. If the one bigger plant ends up a guy I may harvest it’s pollen and I may give it a go as far as pollen chucking. I have some fem seeds that may be good candidates to cross with it. We’ll see👊🏻

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
They will be fem's but they will inherently be passing on undesirable traits (intersexing issues) to the next generation of seeds. In my humble opinion, its not seed stock I would want to use personally.
What is your take on stress herming a reg female to pollinate. I had a blueberry that I prob could’ve kept nanner free but I neglected it a bit and was yellowing and not uptaking nutrients properly before it hermed. Another one that was doing better (but still fairly shit) had only a couple nanners. One of these two partially pollinated my c99. after a decent sized test (15) one plant was a mutant but every other one was similar in appearance to each other but slight differences leaning one way or another generically and female. About to harvest one and hasn’t had issues. Gave the rest away.
Would this be the same result as using a product to reverse or did I just get lucky? Would you run the seeds?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Alrighty @HydroRed heres what I have as far as scj testers. Let me know what might be happening with stunty McStunterson😂View attachment 9712View attachment 9713View attachment 9714View attachment 9715
@Cob_nUt had a runt in his run too. Its playing catchup now with bud set, but she aint runty any more. I'm usually quick to cull stuff like that cuz I dont have patience for those kinds of plants, but Cobs' patience is paying off with his runt. Im about 99.999% sure any runts are from the LVTK side. I had a few when I initially ran the LVTK.

Sorry for the delay, pops isn’t doing good at all and it’s had myself and the rest of the family stretched pretty thin. If the one bigger plant ends up a guy I may harvest it’s pollen and I may give it a go as far as pollen chucking. I have some fem seeds that may be good candidates to cross with it. We’ll see👊🏻
No worries my friend. Im sorry to hear about your father. Hoping he can get past whatever is ailing him.

Just to put it out there to anyone running my gear.....
To those that asked for permission to use males -youre alright in my book just for the courtesy to ask me.
For all you other inconsiderate bastards using tester males for crosses without asking....🤣
I kid......You guys are free to do what you like with the males.
Just remember where they came from is all I ask.

Texagonian

Outlaw
@Cob_nUt had a runt in his run too. Its playing catchup now with bud set, but she aint runty any more. I'm usually quick to cull stuff like that cuz I dont have patience for those kinds of plants, but Cobs' patience is paying off with his runt. Im about 99.999% sure any runts are from the LVTK side. I had a few when I initially ran the LVTK.

No worries my friend. Im sorry to hear about your father. Hoping he can get past whatever is ailing him.

To those that asked for permission to use males -youre alright in my book just for the courtesy to ask me.
For all you other inconsiderate bastards using tester males for crosses without asking....🤣
Shit, if it’s a he I’ll incorporate hydro red in the name of the cross! Thanks for the kind words about pops. He fell out one evening last August and smacked his head giving himself bleeding on the brain and traumatic brain injury. He’s been an alcoholic since before I came to be and it causes the brain to shrink in the skull which is why his fall did so much damage. It’s gonna be a long road for him and the rest of his family. Thanks again and apologies for not being further along in my grow. I will say the leafs have a cool structure to them and on a stem run the nose is like a semi rancid grapefruit with some spicy wood notes. Not earthy or skunky that I’ve been able to pick up on. Grapefruit stank is really what I’m picking up with some spice. I plan on giving a more religious update now that it’s moving along. In all honesty I’d like to run some more of these if they are still available. I’m dying to find a sin city woman!

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
What is your take on stress herming a reg female to pollinate. I had a blueberry that I prob could’ve kept nanner free but I neglected it a bit and was yellowing and not uptaking nutrients properly before it hermed. Another one that was doing better (but still fairly shit) had only a couple nanners. One of these two partially pollinated my c99. after a decent sized test (15) one plant was a mutant but every other one was similar in appearance to each other but slight differences leaning one way or another generically and female. About to harvest one and hasn’t had issues. Gave the rest away.
Would this be the same result as using a product to reverse or did I just get lucky? Would you run the seeds?
I have yet to run a true blueberry that doesnt throw nanners late flower even under prime conditions. I've never stressed a female to reversal like that to achieve seeds, so I really dont have any experience in that dept. I believe if there are genetics passed along that carry herm tendencies, they will be brought to the forefront when stressed in the next gen of seeds. Doesnt mean they are prone to herm, but certain stress factors will bring them out quicker than others. "Gorilla Glue #4" is a result of the same scenario you are asking about and its one of the best smokes I've run in a decade. Some growers have reported issues with it throwing nanners late flower, but I've had the exact opposite experience. Out of about 15+ grows with it over a few years, I've had it throw nanners 1 time....and it was only because I totally neglected it and left it to die. Its just mother nature taking over at that point. If you find a nice pheno that exhibits all the traits you like with no issues....run that shit!

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I have yet to run a true blueberry that doesnt throw nanners late flower even under prime conditions. I've never stressed a female to reversal like that to achieve seeds, so I really dont have any experience in that dept. I believe if there are genetics passed along that carry herm tendencies, they will be brought to the forefront when stressed in the next gen of seeds. Doesnt mean they are prone to herm, but certain stress factors will bring them out quicker than others. "Gorilla Glue #4" is a result of the same scenario you are asking about and its one of the best smokes I've run in a decade. Some growers have reported issues with it throwing nanners late flower, but I've had the exact opposite experience. Out of about 15+ grows with it over a few years, I've had it throw nanners 1 time....and it was only because I totally neglected it and left it to die. Its just mother nature taking over at that point. If you find a nice pheno that exhibits all the traits you like with no issues....run that shit!
I figured in this case because it’s blueberry we can more safely assume that my blueberry wasn’t necessarily a herm monster any more than the run of the mill tricky blueberry but I thought I’d run it buy someone with a couple more brain cells left. Interestingly enough, although I wasn’t too excited about the flavour of my c99 pheno, it is vigorous, easy going and unhermable (I purposely abused the tits off one) so this cross is easy af to grow. Not a strong smell tho unfortunately so I’ll prob just give away the rest of the seeds. I don’t like putting anything out there that is shit but seeds that aren’t true fire but easy going plants and potent smoke are a nice gift for first time grower. Thanks for your advice on the matter.

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
(y) That's about right, I think.

PhatNuggz

They will be fem's but they will inherently be passing on undesirable traits (intersexing issues) to the next generation of seeds. In my humble opinion, its not seed stock I would want to use personally.

It was most likely a female, but due to all the crap I put her through (root rot twice) she likely went into self preservation mode, BUT, I have plenty of these seeds so, better safe than sorry

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Plemon Day 60:
Shes putting out some beautiful colors along with some sour smells.
Trichomes say shes getting close too. I've been finding clusters of pink/violet colored trichs on a handfull of the flowers. Nothing I could really capture on my phone without setting up macro lenses though. I might try to get around to doing that tomorrow if I get a chance but its gonna be a pretty busy weekend for me outside of the "Whorehouse".

View attachment 9189
Beautiful work @HydroRed.

I remember your posts at the other board, always positive energy but I never checked your thread. Hydro is fascinating but absolutely not in my future where I need to go inside out. Being the obsessive type I was afraid to go there.

Now that I looked I will need to follow along. Thanks for sharing.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Beautiful work @HydroRed.

I remember your posts at the other board, always positive energy but I never checked your thread. Hydro is fascinating but absolutely not in my future where I need to go inside out. Being the obsessive type I was afraid to go there.

Now that I looked I will need to follow along. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for taking the time to drop in here Baja. Hydro is a lot of fun, but when you mix in a touch of "obsessive" the results get even better haha

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Thanks for taking the time to drop in here Baja. Hydro is a lot of fun, but when you mix in a touch of "obsessive" the results get even better haha
That is what is was afraid of, getting sucked down another rabbit hole AGAIN...dang. Single minded focus, let's overdo it! :p

Seriously tho, if I had indoor space I would love to play with hydro. For now thanks for sharing yours.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I send all testers a 5 page iron clad contract before I send seeds. It's all basic legal stuff like, I get first dibs and any smoke, you have to send me your keeper females then kill your cut of it, I get 25% of all sales of the final product ie if you're selling weed I get my cut, ummm oh yeah I also require a valid ID so that if I ever feel like a tester is lying to me and not trying to come off that 25% I can then travel to them for some good old stalking.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I send all testers a 5 page iron clad contract before I send seeds. It's all basic legal stuff like, I get first dibs and any smoke, you have to send me your keeper females then kill your cut of it, I get 25% of all sales of the final product ie if you're selling weed I get my cut, ummm oh yeah I also require a valid ID so that if I ever feel like a tester is lying to me and not trying to come off that 25% I can then travel to them for some good old stalking.
"You dont have my money or cuts? Here, let me help you re-read the contract."
2pubt8.png