**HydroRed's Horticultural Whorehouse**

Cfeezzie

Super Active Member
The LVTK momma had some considerable stretch to her. I was on week 3 I believe before she stopped stretching. Unlike a lot of OG type strains that flop over at 5+ wks, she held up pretty nicely without stakes/being tied up etc. for how heavy the top colas were. Looking good my friend!
I've seen this with a seed of lvtk I gave to my brother and read many others talk about the the stretch. But the bark purple pheno one I grew was a shorty.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Appears I may have 2 phenos between the twins.
Pheno #1...dubbed "Early Girl" is starting down the home stretch.Her main cola has crowned.The bracts continue to swell although it has slowed.
2 weeks max, more like 9 days if I was guessing but being unfamiliar with the genetics 2 weeks for this one.I took a lower branch weds for sampling purposes.
Early Girl -early flower,quick to stack quick ti finish8-9weeker.20190621_130354.jpg
lower.All the buds are hard & dense.Fighting humidity & heat this time of year in my neck of the woods.Added a fan,some leaves didn't appreciate the immediate increase in transpiration.20190621_130404.jpg
had to steak her up,she started the Cola Lean.Really top heavy in these little pots.If any stones get underneath the pot during a flood,when it drains,she tilts over.
20190621_130415.jpg
#2 Still stacking and putting out hairs.
Early flower,quick to stack.Average flower time.9 maybe 10 weeker
First pic is runty.The rest are #2..
20190621_130426.jpg
20190621_130437.jpg
20190621_130450.jpg
Flower times are purely speculation at this point.I reserve the right to change them as I deem necessary.Or at least until I chop.Heh....

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Pheno #1...dubbed "Early Girl" is starting down the home stretch.Her main cola has crowned.The bracts continue to swell although it has slowed.
2 weeks max, more like 9 days if I was guessing but being unfamiliar with the genetics 2 weeks for this one.I took a lower branch weds for sampling purposes.
Early Girl -early flower,quick to stack quick ti finish8-9weeker.View attachment 10953
lower.All the buds are hard & dense.Fighting humidity & heat this time of year in my neck of the woods.Added a fan,some leaves didn't appreciate the immediate increase in transpiration.View attachment 10954
had to steak her up,she started the Cola Lean.Really top heavy in these little pots.If any stones get underneath the pot during a flood,when it drains,she tilts over.
View attachment 10955
View attachment 10956
View attachment 10957
View attachment 10958
Flower times are purely speculation at this point.I reserve the right to change them as I deem necessary.Or at least until I chop.Heh....
What exactly do you mean about the cola crowning? I noticed mine getting less pointy and flatter on top and I’m in week 7 of flower (different strain). Is that a sign that it’s finishing?

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
What exactly do you mean about the cola crowning? I noticed mine getting less pointy and flatter on top and I’m in week 7 of flower (different strain). Is that a sign that it’s finishing?
Exactly what you have witnessed. They stop stacking up, buildng colas, and fatten outwards,gaining weight..bracts swelling. Most cultivars I've run do it when left to do so.Even the spear shaped sativa-ish colas will crown.

As far as a sign if it finishing,I use it as a gauge.She is putting on the weight at this point.The harvest window is close to opening if not slightly open already.Preference is at play here. Since this is my first time running the strain,I'll let them go until full ripeness,or my iteration of ripe.
Usually,they swell or put on weight for at least a week before the flowers begin to be MATURE.

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Really solid looking buds @Cob_nUt. Super stoked to see the SCJ flowered. Mine grew balls so all I’ll get to see is nanners and dust. 😂 How are they smelling?
Thank you Tex. Plant #1 is all mimosa on the nose. @HydroRed what is your mimosa cut's flower time? I have a goofy grape from genuity that finishes at 8 weeks from flip on the nose.
Plant # 2 has some mimosa nose to it but there's something else lingering there.
Runty must take after LVTK,I'm getting some burnt rubber from it.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Early Girl -early flower,quick to stack quick ti finish8-9weeker.View attachment 10953
lower.All the buds are hard & dense.Fighting humidity & heat this time of year in my neck of the woods.Added a fan,some leaves didn't appreciate the immediate increase in transpiration.View attachment 10954
View attachment 10955
View attachment 10956
View attachment 10957
View attachment 10958
Awesome update as usual Cob! The flowers look great. Im not gonna lie, but "Runty" suprised the shit out of me lol. Got me wondering if I should have kept some of the mutants/runts out of the handfull of LVTK I tossed? The LVTK I used had the "Lemon Cake" pheno that seems to be pretty common with that strain. As for the Mimosa, every pheno always finished in under 60 days from flip.
I think this was day 54 with the Mimosa:
Mimosa 1.jpg Mimosa 2 - Copy.jpg

The for sure ladyView attachment 10949

Another pheno I believe is going femaleView attachment 10951
Looking like a nice hybrid between the parents so far just looking at the fans.

nice thread gonna smoke a fatty and go threw it I am noob
Welcome to the forum @BerryNice
Mi casa es su casa. Thank you for taking the time to drop in!

@HydroRed
Such an awesome thread.
All this information, experimentation, explanations, and creations. Congratulations!
(on your seed drop)
Ok. I'm done. It's over. I'll stop.
Thanks @spyralout
It never gets old to hear when someone appreciates your efforts. Thank you for dropping in!

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Awesome update as usual Cob! The flowers look great. Im not gonna lie, but "Runty" suprised the shit out of me lol. Got me wondering if I should have kept some of the mutants/runts out of the handfull of LVTK I tossed? The LVTK I used had the "Lemon Cake" pheno that seems to be pretty common with that strain. As for the Mimosa, every pheno always finished in under 60 days from flip.
I think this was day 54 with the Mimosa:
View attachment 10988View attachment 10989
Thank you Brotato Chip.👊🏼💯
Runty survived,as do most of my runts and mutants,if they pull out of it during veg and are ready by the time I'm ready to flower they get a shot.
Being that these gals were popped as part of a tester pack and were virtually flowered from seed,Runty was definitely gonna be in it for the long haul as long as she was healthy.
That and I hate culling plants...lol. Shit,I just got used to knocking off healthy males with no discrimination or second thought. I wanna be a chucker someday!
If she weren't mine, once Runty started stretch and then bud-set,I would've just assumed she was started a week to 10 days after the other two,not with them.
She has totally dominated the others as far as growth and vigor.Lemon cake eh?
I'll have to revisit her smells,I try wash my hands or clean them with hand sanitizer when doing multiple stem rubs handling different plants while in the process,sometimes it doesn't always work...eh I'm a stoner.

I had a Bubba Kush runt.Took eons to veg.Hardly any stigma during flower, minimal stretch,freaked me thee fuck out.Small dense buds,purple black leaves.8-9 week finish. Coffee,earthy Kush nose that carried over into to taste.Potent.The bean was a gift from my brother.I saw his BK run and asked for another bean.Culled all the clones of runty BK.Ugh, I feel like barfing just thinking about it makes me sick of myself.
Anyhow, ran the other bean,had more veg vigor,perfect golf ball stigmas,BK aroma,bigger nugs and colas and tasted quite good with a very good high.
Nowhere near my Runty BK tho. The BK I posted in one of the POTM contests is the second bean I speak of.

I've been meaning to ask you this,how do you go about reveg'ing your F&D gals,if you do?
Usually,I keep them in the pots they were flowered in,in my soiless mix.
Being that this is my first F&D run,I never had to deal with F&D rootballs.I'm expecting the stones to be totally encapsulated by the roots and I should be able to pull it out whole.I may shave off the long roots down to the square and toss it into a fabric pot with my soiless media...eh,should work.

Edit* my point was.RUN A RUNT!!!Lol,runts and mutants can and will surprise you in the end product most times.That is if you have the time,patience and space to run them.
I can certainly respect those that those that don't.

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
My plant #1 "Early Girl" has that Mimosa smell.She looks similar also. What does "Runty" look like to you or who thus far? I'll say she has the LVTK stretch from what I've seen from Eso'o LVTK cross and her siblings in comparison.
she is filling in nicely as she stacks.
I'll "get in there" really and get some good rubs.Or just handle her first with unadulterated hands.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Runty survived,as do most of my runts and mutants,if they pull out of it during veg and are ready by the time I'm ready to flower they get a shot.
Being that these gals were popped as part of a tester pack and were virtually flowered from seed,Runty was definitely gonna be in it for the long haul as long as she was healthy.
That and I hate culling plants...lol. Shit,I just got used to knocking off healthy males with no discrimination or second thought. I wanna be a chucker someday!
If she weren't mine, once Runty started stretch and then bud-set,I would've just assumed she was started a week to 10 days after the other two,not with them.
I'll have to revisit her smells,I try wash my hands or clean them with hand sanitizer when doing multiple stem rubs handling different plants while in the process,sometimes it doesn't always work...eh I'm a stoner.

I had a Bubba Kush runt.Took eons to veg.Hardly any stigma during flower, minimal stretch,freaked me thee fuck out.Small dense buds,purple black leaves.8-9 week finish. Coffee,earthy Kush nose that carried over into to taste.Potent.The bean was a gift from my brother.I saw his BK run and asked for another bean.Culled all the clones of runty BK.Ugh, I feel like barfing just thinking about it makes me sick of myself.
Anyhow, ran the other bean,had more veg vigor,perfect golf ball stigmas,BK aroma,bigger nugs and colas and tasted quite good with a very good high.
Nowhere near my Runty BK tho. The BK I posted in one of the POTM contests is the second bean I speak of.

I've been meaning to ask you this,how do you go about reveg'ing your F&D gals,if you do?
Being that this is my first F&D run,I never had to deal with F&D rootballs.I'm expecting the stones to be totally encapsulated by the roots and I should be able to pull it out whole.I may shave off the long roots down to the square and toss it into a fabric pot with my soiless media...eh,should work.

Edit* my point was.RUN A RUNT!!!Lol,runts and mutants can and will surprise you in the end product most times.That is if you have the time,patience and space to run them.
I like it, I actually still have the runt of my scj. I’m glad I didn’t rip it out! I’m hoping it’s a gal so maybe I can hit it with her brothers dust. I guess that’s inbreeding 🤦🏼‍♂️ What effect might that have on the outcome of the two? SCJ male x SCJ female

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN

If youre wanting to reveg something in the F&D, just shuck off the roots outside of the pot, pull the root ball from the pot and shake out the hydroton/loose medium. It should fall out pretty easily. Once the loose hydroton/medium is shaken out, transfer it to whatever pot you want basically just like any other non-hydro transplant. I've had 100% success with this in my current F&D setup over the last couple yrs. Thats actually how I revegged my Mothers Milk I've been running the last 2 yrs or so. I transplanted that one from the 1 gal in the F&D to a 5gal hydrofarm setup in hydroton with a 6" net pot. She had roots in the water within a week and a full revert in like 3.5-4 wks.

I like it, I actually still have the runt of my scj. I’m glad I didn’t rip it out! I’m hoping it’s a gal so maybe I can hit it with her brothers dust. I guess that’s inbreeding 🤦🏼‍♂️ What effect might that have on the outcome of the two? SCJ male x SCJ female
You'd have SCJ F2's and the dominant F1 phenotypical expressions would broaden with every filial there after. To lock in desired traits, you could BX F1/F2 etc back to the original mom.
Thats actually what I did with the "Monkey Juice". The parents of that cross are (GG4 mom X Mimosa dad). I had 2 females of that original "Monkey Juice" cross that I grew out. Both plants were heavy Mimosa so I reversed both of those females to get pollen, then used that pollen on cuts from the original GG4 momma....which technically makes the FEM beans I'll be getting from those GG4 cuts "Monkey Juice" BX1 FEM's.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
@Cob_nUt
TBH, your "Runty" has a look all her own so far. Def getting the legs from LVTK -though Mimosa daddy was a bit on the taller side compared to everything else I got from the Mimosa.
Also, Were those Bubba's you ran "Katsu Bubba"? Someone was just asking about those in the Useful thread on the other site.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
@Cob_nUt
TBH, your "Runty" has a look all her own so far. Def getting the legs from LVTK -though Mimosa daddy was a bit on the taller side compared to everything else I got from the Mimosa.
Also, Were those Bubba's you ran "Katsu Bubba"? Someone was just asking about those in the Useful thread on the other site.
Yessir,"Runty" does have her own special uniqueness.Thank you for the response.
Nah,they weren't from Katsu.iirc, my brother bought the beans off of Herbies.I forget ATM what breeder they were created by.I'd have to plug in my old phone to charge to revisit our old texts.Had some smoke friends ask m if it was Katsu cut.Lol I didn't even know what or who that was at the time.This was 5+ years ago.
I saw JBC say they were carrying Katsu's gear now.I'd definitely like to get some of his Bubba.I may grab a pack just to run alongside my BK s1's from Heisen.

BerryNice

Super Active Member