**HydroRed's Horticultural Whorehouse**

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
So hype for this bro! Can't wait until you do your pollen collection Tek write up. I'm definitely tryna run those whenever you're ready!
Right on! I cant promise I'll have a lot of beans this run since Im only hitting a couple branches -a bit late in flower at that (approx 4 weeks or so).

So what’s your method for harvesting fem pollen thus far? I was reading a little ways back you were compiling methods and would share. Just curious ✌🏻On a side note. I now have three of my tester ssj beans popped and in cubes. As soon as roots find their way out the bottom it’s off to the buckets and I’ll proceed with the sexing and finally some update pictures!🤞🏻For some gals!
Working on a write up right now on collecting FEM pollen from reversed plants. I didnt want to post any info before it was tested out a handfull of times and made sure it worked as it should with no unexpected suprises. Even a broken clock is correct 2 times a day haha
Looking forward to seeing what you get from the Sin City Juice!

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Right on! I cant promise I'll have a lot of beans this run since Im only hitting a couple branches -a bit late in flower at that (approx 4 weeks or so).

Working on a write up right now on collecting FEM pollen from reversed plants. I didnt want to post any info before it was tested out a handfull of times and made sure it worked as it should with no unexpected suprises. Even a broken clock is correct 2 times a day haha
🤣🤣🤣 No worries bro I'm just putting myself out there...can't wait on that write up saving my last two blueberry seeds for reversing.

Last edited:

Texagonian

Outlaw

Hell yeah! You and me both sir! Much appreciated 🙏🏻✌🏻

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
HOW TO COLLECT FEM (REVERSED) POLLEN
There may be other, better methods. This one is mine.

Supplies needed
Razor Blade
2 small pill bottles with lids
Dark colored reflective faced construction paper
Ball Point Pen or any item similar in length with a rounded end (I used a file and it worked great)

1.png

My method for collecting:
1. I plucked off the mature sacks from the reversed plant. I spread everything plucked onto a piece of paper towel (or similar) to dry. I chose paper towel beause it has texture, and feel it aided in the sacks not getting blown around off the paper as they dried.

2.png

2. I dried it for 2 days in 70*F 40% RH
3. Once dry, I put everything in a small pill bottle. As you can see, I didnt use much.

3.png
Use the back of a ball point pen (or similar item) sure to crush all the nanners in the mix. You arent looking to pulverize...but just bust open the dry nanners holding the pollen.
5.png

6.png

4. Once crushed up, cap it and shake the bottom portion of the bottle vigorously for 30 sec or so to shake out the freshly released pollen. You'll see the pollen sticking to the insides of the bottle. Tap the bottom of the bottle on its bottom edge (on a solid surface) in the same spot to get the pollen to fall to one side of the bottom. You'll see it piling up and seperating from the plant material as you tap it.
7.png
5. Once the plant material is seperated from the pollen, just uncap it and reach in with your finger and slide out the bulk of the plant material and keep it on one side of the collection paper. Your not gonna get it seperated perfect so dont try to get too much or you will end up grabbing pollen too. You just want to get the bulk of the plant material without disturbing the little pile of pollen you have seperated in the bottom edge of the bottle. Any pollen that falls from this will be collected later.

6. I poured the remaining contents onto the other side of the reflective faced construction paper. This type of paper makes it simple to scrape up all of the pollen with a razor, and hasnt been affected by static electricity (which can have your pollen moving all over the place making it virtually impossible to scrape and collect).
8.png
I seperated the plant material with the razor blade and put it back into the "crush bottle". Your gonna have a slight bit of plant material in the pollen still (as seen in the pile on the right pictured above), so I slid the pollen pile around on the piece of paper and the pollen would basically stick to the paper while the small plant material would move. Pour the traces of plant material (and likely some of the pollen) back into the 1st pill bottle that you crushed everything in. Be sure just to let the plant material slide into the bottle because you want the pollen to stick to the paper -so dont tap the paper on the bottle -just let the plant material slide into the bottle.

**It wont look like much pollen is stuck on the paper until you scrape it with the razor.
Thats when you will realize exactly how much is really there on just 1 pass (as seen in the 2 pictures below).

9.png 10.png
7. Use the razor blade to scrape the pollen clinging to the paper into a pile. Now put that clean, usuable pollen (now virtually free of plant material) into what we'll call the 2nd "collector" pill bottle.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 until no more pollen is being retrieved.
* I did about 4 passes before I wasnt getting enough pollen to warrant these steps any further.
I then put the collected pollen into a small vial, labeled it, and put it in the fridge for later use.

11.png

In total, this complete process took me about 35 minutes start to finish.

Green_256

What's a SIP?

Supplies needed
Razor Blade
Ball Point Pen or any item similar in length with a rounded end (I used a file and it worked great)

View attachment 6684

1. I plucked off the mature sacks from the reversed plant. I spread everything plucked onto a piece of paper towel (or similar) to dry. I chose paper towel beacue it has texture, and feel it aided in the sacks not getting blown around off the paper as they dried.

View attachment 6685

3. Once dry, I put everything in a small pill bottle. As you can see, I didnt use much.

View attachment 6686
Use the back of a ball point pen (or similar item) sure to crush all the nanners in the mix. You arent looking to pulverize...but just bust open the dry nanners holding the pollen.
View attachment 6688

View attachment 6689

4. Once crushed up, cap it and shake the bottom portion of the bottle vigorously for 30 sec or so to shake out the freshly released pollen. You'll see the pollen sticking to the insides of the bottle. Tap the bottom of the bottle on its bottom edge (on a solid surface) in the same spot to get the pollen to fall to one side of the bottom. You'll see it piling up and seperating from the plant material as you tap it.
View attachment 6690
5. Once the plant material is seperated from the pollen, just uncap it and reach in with your finger and slide out the bulk of the plant material and keep it on one side of the collection paper. Your not gonna get it seperated perfect so dont try to get too much or you will end up grabbing pollen too. You just want to get the bulk of the plant material without disturbing the little pile of pollen you have seperated in the bottom edge of the bottle. Any pollen that falls from this will be collected later.

6. I poured the remaining contents onto the other side of the reflective faced construction paper. This type of paper makes it simple to scrape up all of the pollen with a razor, and hasnt been affected by static electricity (which can have your pollen moving all over the place making it virtually impossible to scrape and collect).
View attachment 6691
I seperated the plant material with the razor blade and put it back into the "crush bottle". Your gonna have a slight bit of plant material in the pollen still (as seen in the pile on the right pictured above), so I slid the pollen pile around on the piece of paper and the pollen would basically stick to the paper while the small plant material would move. Pour the traces of plant material (and likely some of the pollen) back into the 1st pill bottle that you crushed everything in. Be sure just to let the plant material slide into the bottle because you want the pollen to stick to the paper -so dont tap the paper on the bottle -just let the plant material slide into the bottle.

**It wont look like much pollen is stuck on the paper until you scrape it with the razor.
Thats when you will realize exactly how much is really there on just 1 pass (as seen in the 2 pictures below).

View attachment 6692 View attachment 6693
7. Use the razor blade to scrape the pollen clinging to the paper into a pile. Now put that clean, usuable pollen (now virtually free of plant material) into what we'll call the 2nd "collector" pill bottle.
* I did about 4 passes before I wasnt getting enough pollen to warrant these steps any further.
I then put the collected pollen into a small vial, labeled it, and put it in the fridge for later use.

View attachment 6694

hope ya don't mind, I took a screen shot of all that shit, lmfao, I'm a tad drunk, and I need to start learning this, and your info is always on point!

Texagonian

Outlaw

Supplies needed
Razor Blade

View attachment 6684

1. I plucked off the mature sacks from the reversed plant. I spread everything plucked onto a piece of paper towel (or similar) to dry. I chose paper towel beause it has texture, and feel it aided in the sacks not getting blown around off the paper as they dried.

View attachment 6685

View attachment 6686
View attachment 6688

View attachment 6689

View attachment 6690

View attachment 6691

View attachment 6692 View attachment 6693

View attachment 6694

Outstanding! Thank you for the time and effort first and foremost for making the fem pollen and now sharing in detail your process. Bravo!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I've never tried it. Im sure it would work, but seems like it would grind up the nanners vs just busting them open to release the pollen? The reversed sacks seem a little different than actual male sacks in regards to how easily they release the pollen.
If you try it put a coin in the weed catch chamber so you can knock the flowers around and have the pollen go through the screen into the keif catch.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
1st batch of "Plemon" FEM pollen collected today.
After a few attempts, Im getting comfortable with my technique now and have shaved off a considerable amount of time. This newest batch collected took about 10-15 min since I had everything ready to go and was familiar with the technique at this point after a couple of practice rounds collecting from the Monkey Juice. I'm still learning so this has been a crash course for me lol.
My 1st attempt at collecting -VS- the 3rd and newest attempt:
new pollen.png

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
1st batch of "Plemon" FEM pollen collected today.
After a few attempts, Im getting comfortable with my technique now and have shaved off a considerable amount of time. This newest batch collected took about 10-15 min since I had everything ready to go and was familiar with the technique at this point after a couple of practice rounds collecting from the Monkey Juice. I'm still learning so this has been a crash course for me lol.
My 1st attempt at collecting -VS- the 3rd and newest attempt:
View attachment 6744
I must be WAY high. They look almost the same to me Mr. Red

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
One of three Sin City Juice testers is a confirmed female. Awaiting the other 2.
Way happy for you on that. I’m getting closer every day to find out what I get from my testers. 🔥✌🏻

I can not wait to see what you guys get from the SCJ girls! Im getting geeked just waiting on reports from these testers lol

Thank you for posting that tutorial
Youre welcome. I hope it proves to be as useful for others as it has been for me. Ive come to realize many folks that have experience with this wanna keep hush hush about technique, but I wanna see others do well and be successful in their ventures.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
FEM SEEDS BEGIN TONIGHT
I have (3) GG4 cuts all rooted and flooding in the flower room. These will be getting dusted with the reversed "Monkey Juice" (GG4 x Mimosa) pollen. I suppose this would make the resulting feminized beans
"Monkey Juice BX1".
Time to get bonkers. 🤪

I would have liked to hit a few branches on the flowering "Plemon" with some reversed Plemon pollen and get some S1's made but the flowering plant is just too far into flower and I wouldnt get good, mature seeds before the plant was ready to harvest. I'd pretty much just ruin the buds with premature seeds at this point. I missed the mark by about 10-12 days this time around.
Lesson learned on getting my timing right to keep things streamlined and moving along.