How Many Years?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
In a fridge..✌
I've done the best I could over 20 years of changing jobs, moving, having a life, etc.I'm lucky I still have all of them.
I stayed isolated from all the cannabis scene (except High Times) until a couple years ago. Learned a lot in 2 years about the business and isn't what I would have expected of the evolution of the industry surrounding this plant. I feel I am still just as isolated as I was 20 years ago except most of the states are legal around me.
Not very fair. lol
My family has helped me keep the genetics alive. I'm sure there are plenty of duds, but future "Cup' winners in there also. Some of it has only been bred a few times and some a bunch of times. It's a roll of the dice when I plant a seed from them. (I have them set up by years and not grows or plants.)
I am usually not disappointed. lol
I try to keep them in frig, but I have no room for food anymore.
My family kept them in drawers and boxes and where ever. We are still finding seeds my sis n law had stashed away in 2004 - 2008 from my original stock.

Last edited:

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I've done the best I could over 20 years of changing jobs, moving, having a life, etc.I'm lucky I still have all of them.
I stayed isolated from all the cannabis scene (except High Times) until a couple years ago. Learned a lot in 2 years about the business and isn't what I would have expected of the evolution of the industry surrounding this plant. I feel I am still just as isolated as I was 20 years ago except most of the states are legal around me.
Not very fair. lol
My family has helped me keep the genetics alive. I'm sure there are plenty of duds, but future "Cup' winners in there also. Some of it has only been bred a few times and some a bunch of times. It's a roll of the dice when I plant a seed from them. (I have them set up by years and not grows or plants.)
I am usually not disappointed. lol
I try to keep them in frig, but I have no room for food anymore.
My family kept them in drawers and boxes and where ever. We are still finding seeds my sis n law had stashed away in 2004 - 2008 from my original stock.
Ya thats kool you was able to keep em them and if not ur family nee how special they was for u to keep them back for u.. I got sum of my old beans from 10-15 years ago but also got sum from recently.. We just moved to different town and my beans was one of the first things i made sure not to lose during the haul. Lol.
The weed of these days is very potent and back when i first started there was no names except mexican brick, skunk, or afghani.. True afghani -skunk around here back then was short squat bushes on indica side. That was the shit back then. That was b4 the cops wood fly over corn feilds and the corn wood take longer to harvest so corn feilds wood work great. Once they outgrew the corn the buds wood just lay on top of the corn plants. Free trellis and camo at same time. Dad had one that was line a fuckn vine that spread horizontally across top of corn for for 10-15 foot. Hade huge buds of the most lemony pledge tetps ive seen yet to this day..
Those was the days but the weeed of today i think is tons times better as far as potentcy and with the names of strains u can look up the info on it usually no problem..
I get the secluded part too. My state just turnd rec but gotta have a med card to grow. 5 or less. And to get med card its 400 bucks for everything needed. Money money money.. Lol.
Thanks for sharing ur info with me dude!✌

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Start popping more at a time. Kill the weak ones. Lesson I learned a long time ago. Always pop full packs, kill the worst ones, you’ll
Always have the best plants your space can fit and you actually find the real keepers in your packs instead of saving half of them and leaving it in the pile.
This is pretty much what I’ve been doing, except I can usually rehome the weaker plants. I’m picky about which breeders’ gear I run, so even my weaker plants are usually better than a lot of the trash local growers are growing. I won’t name names, but for whatever reason, home-growers here mostly buy from big breeders who mass produce seeds that are anything but stable, or just run whatever bag-seed they can get their hands on.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I may be biased based on what I have bought...but the best genetics in the world now come from the USA...for a few years.

And they are only getting better.

:)

Have a good grow man...lots of fire on this site. All made in the USA
I feel like a broken record, I am ALWAYS saying this. The ONLY time I ever feel compelled to order from an overseas breeder is when I am looking for a specific strain, and even then, I’m weary.

Saboo the Shaman

Really Active Member
I feel like a broken record, I am ALWAYS saying this. The ONLY time I ever feel compelled to order from an overseas breeder is when I am looking for a specific strain, and even then, I’m weary.
So overseas breeders make you tired? Or did you mean wary? :devilish:

Did any of the USA is NUMBER 1 crowd ever think that there might be plenty of under-the-radar breeders producing fire all around the world? That just because they aren't on IG or that you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they don't exist?
Do you honestly believe that there is something magical that happens when cannabis seeds cross the border into the US? Or that Americans were somehow gifted by the Good Gawd Almighty with special cannabis growing abilities?

C'mon. Sure, there are lots of great growers and breeders of weed in the US, but for all the people stating that all the best cannabis is from the US, take a minute and think about it.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister

Did any of the USA is NUMBER 1 crowd ever think that there might be plenty of under-the-radar breeders producing fire all around the world? That just because they aren't on IG or that you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they don't exist?
Do you honestly believe that there is something magical that happens when cannabis seeds cross the border into the US? Or that Americans were somehow gifted by the Good Gawd Almighty with special cannabis growing abilities?

C'mon. Sure, there are lots of great growers and breeders of weed in the US, but for all the people stating that all the best cannabis is from the US, take a minute and think about it.
I think he meant seedbanks. I agree with him though, I wouldn't order from overseas unless there was something specific. Too much time waiting for stuff in the mail, seeds removed from original packaging, etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of breeders outside the US making some fire. But it's kinda how I feel about New England IPA's and New England... they started it (obviously), they (NE) have a ton of concentrated brew knowledge, so as a generality I say they make the best NE IPA's

Cannibas genetics are similar. US breeders cultivated the best stuff underground in the 60's, and some of it found its way to the Netherlands where things didn't have to be so hush hush. So I kinda see the US breeders as being the original cultivators of modern-era cannibas. Sure anyone can make fire, but as a generality, US breeders are just doing it in larger numbers, and as such have better cuts, etc.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

All my genetics came from overseas before i started buying from GPS. I have no complaints about what I had been growing.

Cabl3t3ch

I was looking at the spreadsheet that I use to track my little garden and saw that I finished about 3 dozen plants in 2019, that's males, females and seed runs.

I harvested about 100 blueberry seeds and 2 or 3 hundred Cinderella 99 x Blueberry seeds over the last day or so, putting my personal collection well into 4 figures. That's over 30 years worth of seeds and I'm already an old fart.

It just seems like a fun way to enumerate your collection. How many years worth of seeds do you have to support your garden at its present rate? Who's got the most ridiculous(in a good way) supply of beans? Anyone have 100 years worth? 500? Who is the Seed Hoarder Champion here in Paradise?
How long do you dry your seeds after harvest?

Cabl3t3ch

I was looking at the spreadsheet that I use to track my little garden and saw that I finished about 3 dozen plants in 2019, that's males, females and seed runs.

I harvested about 100 blueberry seeds and 2 or 3 hundred Cinderella 99 x Blueberry seeds over the last day or so, putting my personal collection well into 4 figures. That's over 30 years worth of seeds and I'm already an old fart.

It just seems like a fun way to enumerate your collection. How many years worth of seeds do you have to support your garden at its present rate? Who's got the most ridiculous(in a good way) supply of beans? Anyone have 100 years worth? 500? Who is the Seed Hoarder Champion here in Paradise?
How long do you dry your seeds after harvest?