#Heisenbeans Genetics

SEBUD

Super Active Member

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I've been looking at adding another grow room or moving my veg area and making the old version area another flower room .

As all of you probably know lumber prices are sky high. And the reason is supposed to be shortages because everyone is building houses and doing projects.

I've talked to several carpenters and all of em said they are doing nothing unless it's some kind of insurance job from a storm or water leak damage. But otherwise they are begging for work.

I went to my nearby lowes which is a 40 min drive. The store was absolutely full of lumber. Could hardly walk down the Isles.

7/16 4 x 8 OSB was almost $40 a sheet normally its around 6-7 bucks. 2x4x8 was over $8. Some 4 x 8 plywood was $58

The news saying their is lumber shortages is a lie.

20210422_112058.jpg20210422_112111.jpg20210422_112151.jpg

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
I've been looking at adding another grow room or moving my veg area and making the old version area another flower room .

As all of you probably know lumber prices are sky high. And the reason is supposed to be shortages because everyone is building houses and doing projects.

I've talked to several carpenters and all of em said they are doing nothing unless it's some kind of insurance job from a storm or water leak damage. But otherwise they are begging for work.

I went to my nearby lowes which is a 40 min drive. The store was absolutely full of lumber. Could hardly walk down the Isles.

7/16 4 x 8 OSB was almost $40 a sheet normally its around 6-7 bucks. 2x4x8 was over $8. Some 4 x 8 plywood was $58

View attachment 89323View attachment 89324View attachment 89325
I just did what your planning on doing 😂. I was flowering in a roughly 6x3 area in a 5x11 homemade room with 4-1/2" foot ceiling height.now I upgraded to a 5x10 tent with a 4x8 flower space with 8 foot ceiling I'm so happy not to have to train as aggressively and focus more on things I wanna do in my garden.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

It’s all supply and demand. The US is buying up all the softwood from Canada, after we shut down a bunch of mills.

I work in Home building. A typical lumber package a couple of months ago was $10k, now it’s over $30k and we expect it to go up at least 50% more in the next couple of months.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
It’s all supply and demand. The US is buying up all the softwood from Canada, after we shut down a bunch of mills.

I work in Home building. A typical lumber package a couple of months ago was $10k, now it’s over $30k and we expect it to go up at least 50% more in the next couple of months.

I've been keeping up with the markets for a while now. Around April of 2020, 1000 board feet of lumber was trading around $280. Now it's $1300.

As you seen in my pick their is a lot of lumber waiting to be used with no one using it. Normally you go in and they always had just 1 stack of 2x4, 1 stack of 4x8 osb etc. Never 5,10, or 25 bundles in the Isles.

Place was pretty baron as well. Most everyone was in the lawn and garden section.

I do my own carpentry and electrical and what was gonna take a couple hundred bucks to do is gonna be over a 1000 if I chose to go down that path in just building a small room just to house my mother plants.

Someone is getting rich or they just raised the prices on speculators in the market. I know it's not the land owners, not the lumberjacks, not the truckers. I know several in that field and none are making a ton of money. Same price as they always been getting. My uncle just had a bunch of woods cut and I was surprised on how little he got.

quiescent

Super Active Member
I'd guess 80% of new build homes are being assembled according to plans in pieces... walls, trusses, etc off site and shipped to the lot.

There's no need for carpenters or anyone skilled enough to do QC. They had to rebuild half my house on site after I saw the fuckery.

There's been a geo-political event impacting every supply chain in untold ways. Making sense of the reality we're experiencing is pointless.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I've been keeping up with the markets for a while now. Around April of 2020, 1000 board feet of lumber was trading around $280. Now it's $1300.

As you seen in my pick their is a lot of lumber waiting to be used with no one using it. Normally you go in and they always had just 1 stack of 2x4, 1 stack of 4x8 osb etc. Never 5,10, or 25 bundles in the Isles.

Place was pretty baron as well. Most everyone was in the lawn and garden section.

I do my own carpentry and electrical and what was gonna take a couple hundred bucks to do is gonna be over a 1000 if I chose to go down that path in just building a small room just to house my mother plants.

Someone is getting rich or they just raised the prices on speculators in the market. I know it's not the land owners, not the lumberjacks, not the truckers. I know several in that field and none are making a ton of money. Same price as they always been getting. My uncle just had a bunch of woods cut and I was surprised on how little he got.
8.34 for a stud?

Meatman

Meat Master
I am building a cabin right now just 3 bedrooms 1 bath a utility room than a open concept living room and kitchen doing all the work myself originally the grand total was 38000 this is what’s done so far heat ac in floor heat and it’s painted and the bathroom minus the shitter there is still lots to do and I’m 52000 in dumb time to build anything but fuck it what’s money when ya got it lol I wishB99582E5-C8D3-447C-BD18-4AF6A8368F56.jpegFF0D6499-1DE8-4292-8BC4-8F97EF819CCC.jpegD6BCF7DB-288D-4A3C-B603-093B8156F019.jpeg0006980F-34AD-4186-AD49-4F9D3317B718.jpeg

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Nice job
I am building a cabin right now just 3 bedrooms 1 bath a utility room than a open concept living room and kitchen doing all the work myself originally the grand total was 38000 this is what’s done so far heat ac in floor heat and it’s painted and the bathroom minus the shitter there is still lots to do and I’m 52000 in dumb time to build anything but fuck it what’s money when ya got it lol I wishView attachment 89334View attachment 89335View attachment 89336View attachment 89337
[/QUOTE
Nice job

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Carpenters may be not working in some places but in my state the builders ride down the ride road in subdivisions waving hundies trying to get crews to go to their jobs. Painters now I mean brush pushers not bosses 25 to 30 and hour for new work english not needed. Real-estate companies won't even put for sale signs up they put coming soon and change to SOLD they are selling that fast.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin

Prices will come down when people stop buying it.