#Heisenbeans Genetics

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yes frankenstein'd ez cloner. Clonex Solution - 5mL/liter. Plus gel on the stem then into collar.
I only use tap water in my cloner. Those instructions cam from the manufacturer. The last round i did try dipping in clonex gel. Seems like they might have rooted a day sooner but not much if any faster. Once my clones have roots i transplant them into coco and then use the Clonex solution. However i feel like the PPM'S are way to high with the recommended dosage of 5ml liter. The last time i checked that recommended mix my PPM's were well over a 1000 PPM's. Would like to here some other input on this as far as what others use in the cloning reservoir!!!!

Highsince76

Super Active Member
I don't like punishing my cloner and it's pump with my well water. It runs 700 - 800 ppm from my faucet. Even my RO water sucks and I've been through 2 of them. They could get it down to 200 something, but that's it. But it does work, just more of a chore cleaning it up when done cloning.
I try to grab water from my Dad's when I stop by. Pretty decent city water. I use clonex on them before I put into the neoprene sleeves and into cloner. Normally 8-12 days till roots.
10 to 14 with just water.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I don't like punishing my cloner and it's pump with my well water. It runs 700 - 800 ppm from my faucet. Even my RO water sucks and I've been through 2 of them. They could get it down to 200 something, but that's it. But it does work, just more of a chore cleaning it up when done cloning.
I try to grab water from my Dad's when I stop by. Pretty decent city water. I use clonex on them before I put into the neoprene sleeves and into cloner. Normally 8-12 days till roots.
10 to 14 with just water.
I was thinking it might have been a day or two sooner using the clonex rooting gel.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I only use tap water in my cloner. Those instructions cam from the manufacturer. The last round i did try dipping in clonex gel. Seems like they might have rooted a day sooner but not much if any faster. Once my clones have roots i transplant them into coco and then use the Clonex solution. However i feel like the PPM'S are way to high with the recommended dosage of 5ml liter. The last time i checked that recommended mix my PPM's were well over a 1000 PPM's. Would like to here some other input on this as far as what others use in the cloning reservoir!!!!
Thanks for the insight Cap'n. Yea was thinking of changing out the solution for straight tap to see how that goes. I got a lotta chlorine in the tap but past veg clones did fine with it.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Plugs FTW. I get roots in 5 days across the board. Took me a couple years to actually perfect my cloning to 100.percent. I cant afford to lose clones with several tables waiting for cuts. Woody stems will take longer than green softer stems. To high a GA on soft stems will rot em. 0.3 and below good for soft stems. Woody stems need 0.5
Aero cloners are great for good water but I just dont have the time or patience to chance losing clones when I have to have them. You can use bleach or pool shock but it inhibits root growth over 2 ppm. Me and @Dustjesus did a really good comparison last year testing out different ppm levels of free chlorine and shit. The results I had was super interesting but I decided to keep it to myself honestly cause there is so much misinformation about dwc hydro systems and tea formulas and pool shock and UC roots which is not pool shock at all BTW. It's basically pasteurized bleach water which took me 2 weeks to get to the bottom of it to fund out exactly wtf it is.
Final.results were heisenberg tea in an aero or DWC for explosive root growth. Warmer temp the faster the roots.

Plugs for the win at 84 foot zone temp and GA at .3

20190624_160226.jpg

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
Plugs FTW. I get roots in 5 days across the board. Took me a couple years to actually perfect my cloning to 100.percent. I cant afford to lose clones with several tables waiting for cuts. Woody stems will take longer than green softer stems. To high a GA on soft stems will rot em. 0.3 and below good for soft stems. Woody stems need 0.5
Aero cloners are great for good water but I just dont have the time or patience to chance losing clones when I have to have them. You can use bleach or pool shock but it inhibits root growth over 2 ppm. Me and @Dustjesus did a really good comparison last year testing out different ppm levels of free chlorine and shit. The results I had was super interesting but I decided to keep it to myself honestly cause there is so much misinformation about dwc hydro systems and tea formulas and pool shock and UC roots which is not pool shock at all BTW. It's basically pasteurized bleach water which took me 2 weeks to get to the bottom of it to fund out exactly wtf it is.
Final.results were heisenberg tea in an aero or DWC for explosive root growth. Warmer temp the faster the roots.

Plugs for the win at 84 foot zone temp and GA at .3

View attachment 11817
you should bottle it up and sell it. Heisen's cloning solution.

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
Haters gonna hate. just a sign that you are doin it right. I know id buy some cloning solution if i could get roots in 5 days. For now i dont have trays to cut so I stick to good old cup of water. no wilting no humidome, just 2 weeks of time. lol. There was this stuff called gel4plugs many years back that would give roots in that amount of time or faster but it was discontinued sadly.

El Viento

When I clone - I use straight water and always get %100.....clone juice, gel, dust, powder, ez cloners, humidity domes, etc.,.......they're like cigarettes in that Im surprised people still use them.

Literally, just straight water. The trick is getting the clone to drink on its own via its cut stem...and that only takes about 36 hours....

ANYBODY that disagrees with this method and has a plant with a nodal shoot they're willing to test this on, I urge you to try it.....IMG_20190410_171849333.jpgIMG_20190212_091201588.jpg

Not one of these clones saw any water or any humidity dome....unless it's TRULY TRULY struggling - which given the survival desire of our beloved plant, should be very minimal....

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks for the insight Cap'n. Yea was thinking of changing out the solution for straight tap to see how that goes. I got a lotta chlorine in the tap but past veg clones did fine with it.
The tap that has the chlorine can be dealt with in one of two ways. Install a charcoal filter or pour in open bucket for 24 hr's. The chlorine should dissipate in that length of time. I am not saying that you should not use the clonex solution( not clonex gel) in the reservoir and if it does root quicker i will use it myself.

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
When I clone - I use straight water and always get %100.....clone juice, gel, dust, powder, ez cloners, humidity domes, etc.,.......they're like cigarettes in that Im surprised people still use them.

Literally, just straight water. The trick is getting the clone to drink on its own via its cut stem...and that only takes about 36 hours....

ANYBODY that disagrees with this method and has a plant with a nodal shoot they're willing to test this on, I urge you to try it.....View attachment 11819View attachment 11820

Not one of these clones saw any water or any humidity dome....unless it's TRULY TRULY struggling - which given the survival desire of our beloved plant, should be very minimal....
also you dont need to submerge the entire "root zone" just maybe an inch of water at the bottom. If you leave a "cleet" from the donor they root faster

El Viento

So the method is very easy and this isnt snake oilsmen sales either...

First, the obvious.....cut your shoot...(I learned scion is the tech' term for a clone)....
Second, and this is MOST IMPORTANT.....Place your cut clone immediately into water ...(I use hollow plastic tubes to help keep the stem straight while soaking)....
Leave that cut clone in water for at LEAST 36 hours...(I've gone as long as 60+ hours due to time issues ....but I replaced the water every day or so).....

Here's the trick though.....

When you have that clone soaking for 36+ hours, leave it in the SAME EXACT ENVIRONMENT as the donor plant BUT in a very shaded area....same light schedule as the donor and everything......(DO NOT PLACE IT IN A HUMIDITY DOME AFTER THE CUT AT ALL -IT MUST BE LIKE IT WAS NEVER CUT FROM THE PLANT....

In the first 5-6 of the 36+ hours, you'll see the clone wilt.....but, it WILL rebound and look as if YOU NEVER CUT THE CLONE to begin with.....top off the water as necessary and you've got a sure thing to plant.....after the water soak, I put them into rockwool and a coco base and off they go....

In the 36 hours soak, the cutting learns to soak up water thru it's cut stem while also adjusting to the shock somewhat.....but, when you leave it in its same environment-it absolutely adjusts and goes on as usual.....not kidding.....

Try it and get back to the forum to report....

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
You just cut them at a 45 degree angle and put them in plain tap water? Warm temp and thats all?

I have no room or id give it a go :D
yes, doesnt even need to be a 45 really. just cut scrape and put in water. You will need a node or two of course for roots to come out of, and make sure you change the water out every few days, but thats it, very easy. here is one i havent planted yet.roots.jpg

El Viento

And yes, just normal room temp water....no nutes....no anything, just water.....

After placing them in RW and Coco, I ONLY GIVE WATER for maybe 4-5 days and then a %25 nutes/%75 water for maybe 2 days and go up from there. In like 6-7 days, you'll totally see the new growth starting......

I have found that putting the cuttings (after the 36+ soak and after they've been placed into the grow medium) on a heat pad or may helps them root a bit quicker.
Seriously though, when you try it on one clone - you'll be kinda bummed that you didn't try it on more. SMILE.

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
on this one i left a "cleet" from the donor and it is interesting because it formed that root at the bottom immediately after a couple days now the other roots are forming above the water line. so there is esentially two root zones it looks like. the water line is right in the middle of both. this one has been in there a little over a week.
roots2.jpg

El Viento

And my apologies forum members.....I totally don't want to come off as being heavy handed in the cigarette comment - sarcastic joking comparisons doesn't fly off the screen as well as intended, so I didn't mean to and hope I didn't offend anyone by that. I enjoy cannabis daily - multiple times in a day in fact, so I have no room to talk about anybody with my dumb a**......