#Heisenbeans Genetics

El Viento

on this one i left a "cleet" from the donor and it is interesting because it formed that root at the bottom immediately after a couple days now the other roots are forming above the water line. so there is esentially two root zones it looks like. the water line is right in the middle of both. this one has been in there a little over a week.
View attachment 11825
The upturned plastic bottle is genius ! ! !

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
When I clone - I use straight water and always get %100.....clone juice, gel, dust, powder, ez cloners, humidity domes, etc.,.......they're like cigarettes in that Im surprised people still use them.

Literally, just straight water. The trick is getting the clone to drink on its own via its cut stem...and that only takes about 36 hours....

ANYBODY that disagrees with this method and has a plant with a nodal shoot they're willing to test this on, I urge you to try it.....View attachment 11819View attachment 11820

Not one of these clones saw any water or any humidity dome....unless it's TRULY TRULY struggling - which given the survival desire of our beloved plant, should be very minimal....
I'd be happy to send you a couple gallons of my water and see how how your percentage looks. It will turn a sediment filter brown in 3 hrs of use. I think the whole point in the discussion is that everyone's water supply is different. Some guys can hydro and never have to use anything but water and nutes and yay for them but some of us are not so lucky

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I'd be happy to send you a couple gallons of my water and see how how your percentage looks. It will turn a sediment filter brown in 3 hrs of use. I think the whole point in the discussion is that everyone's water supply is different. Some guys can hydro and never have to use anything but water and nutes and yay for them but some of us are not so lucky
My neighbor has great water. His well is 50 foot to the North of mine. Fucker!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
That is a good point. The ppm of the tap should be stated.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I've found ppm to be a poor representation of water quality myself. It is our only real way to measure so we all do it. But I've seen great water at 350 and 100. Also bad at the same readings. What the ppm is comprised of is the real question.
I am assuming that a water test would provide that information. @Dustjesus once we have that information where would be a good place to research what would be considered good water and bad water. I guess that is the good thing about RO water.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Where I live you can get a water report from the city but why does it go from 450 to 750 PPM all over the place. I measure it all the time.
No idea. I just know the tap water sucks. RO is the only way it works right for me. It is a lot to do with the water coming being some of the hardest around. Add chloramine and whatever the hell else is in it and...

Water quality can be a real bitch for some people. I

My filters were almost done on the machine but it would tame it to 100ppm of whatever and that was workable.

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
I am assuming that a water test would provide that information. @Dustjesus once we have that information where would be a good place to research what would be considered good water and bad water. I guess that is the good thing about RO water.
i think you can get it done at home depot for free. they also sell test kits. im lucky to have "good" tap water

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Where I live you can get a water report from the city but why does it go from 450 to 750 PPM all over the place. I measure it all the time.
No idea. I just know the tap water sucks. RO is the only way it works right for me. It is a lot to do with the water coming being some of the hardest around. Add chloramine and whatever the hell else is in it and...

My filters were almost done on the machine but it would tame it to 100ppm of whatever and that was workable.
Ro is a good step but doesnt remove any pathogens.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Plugs FTW. I get roots in 5 days across the board. Took me a couple years to actually perfect my cloning to 100.percent. I cant afford to lose clones with several tables waiting for cuts. Woody stems will take longer than green softer stems. To high a GA on soft stems will rot em. 0.3 and below good for soft stems. Woody stems need 0.5
Aero cloners are great for good water but I just dont have the time or patience to chance losing clones when I have to have them. You can use bleach or pool shock but it inhibits root growth over 2 ppm. Me and @Dustjesus did a really good comparison last year testing out different ppm levels of free chlorine and shit. The results I had was super interesting but I decided to keep it to myself honestly cause there is so much misinformation about dwc hydro systems and tea formulas and pool shock and UC roots which is not pool shock at all BTW. It's basically pasteurized bleach water which took me 2 weeks to get to the bottom of it to fund out exactly wtf it is.
Final.results were heisenberg tea in an aero or DWC for explosive root growth. Warmer temp the faster the roots.

Plugs for the win at 84 foot zone temp and GA at .3

View attachment 11817
Sorry for the noob questions -
- what is GA?
- heisenberg tea - your tea recipe that you posted on here or another one with that name seen on another site?
Thanks

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I was thinking it might have been a day or two sooner using the clonex rooting gel.
I notice a day or two sooner too nothing really that deep to honestly ever buy it again.
Thanks for the insight Cap'n. Yea was thinking of changing out the solution for straight tap to see how that goes. I got a lotta chlorine in the tap but past veg clones did fine with it.
Tap is where it's at. My tap water retarded high.

I was wondering this too. My pH from tap is usually 7.4 but will jump to 8.5 the lowest I've gotten is 7.3. the ppm however is usually around 750. Gonna get a water test done now.
Ro is a good step but doesnt remove any pathogens.
This I didn't not know. I got you heis its gibberellic acid 😉

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I notice a day or two sooner too nothing really that deep to honestly ever buy it again.

Tap is where it's at. My tap water retarded high.

I was wondering this too. My pH from tap is usually 7.4 but will jump to 8.5 the lowest I've gotten is 7.3. the ppm however is usually around 750. Gonna get a water test done now.

This I didn't not know. I got you heis its gibberellic acid 😉
Has anyone used "activated charcoal and a layer of DE to filter contaminates out of your tap water? You use this to filter your resin for impurities when distilling cannabis oil. I'm not sure what it will filter out of the water. If someone has the testing equipment, would be nice to know if it will work. It is just a thought.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Has anyone used "activated charcoal and a layer of DE to filter contaminates out of your tap water? You use this to filter your resin for impurities when distilling cannabis oil. I'm not sure what it will filter out of the water. If someone has the testing equipment, would be nice to know if it will work. It is just a thought.
I've been thinking about that but I was waiting to see what my RO system does to the water. I usually leave it out for a day with an airstone in it. I know a bunch of bullshit evaporates over a day or so. My main problem with tap water is the damn pH buffer they add in. That is my main reason for leaving them out for a couple days.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I've been thinking about that but I was waiting to see what my RO system does to the water. I usually leave it out for a day with an airstone in it. I know a bunch of bullshit evaporates over a day or so. My main problem with tap water is the damn pH buffer they add in. That is my main reason for leaving them out for a couple days.
The last place i was in i had pretty bad well water. I hooked up 2 pretty good size sediment filters to the main line coming from the well. From that point i hooked up a RO system next to a mop sink. I was able to get the water pretty close to 0 coming from the RO source. Kinda pricey had to change the sediment filters 3-4 times a year then the RO filters once a year.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
The last place i was in i had pretty bad well water. I hooked up 2 pretty good size sediment filters to the main line coming from the well. From that point i hooked up a RO system next to a mop sink. I was able to get the water pretty close to 0 coming from the RO source. Kinda pricey had to change the sediment filters 3-4 times a year then the RO filters once a year.
Once I ditch AN I think I should have the extra funds to do something like that if the RO system doesn't get me close to 0. I'm tired of waiting for my roommate to hook it up so this weekend I'm hoping a few of youse will be available if I need some assistance since I still have to read the instructions lmao

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
You just cut them at a 45 degree angle and put them in plain tap water? Warm temp and thats all?

I have no room or id give it a go :D
Yes sir. I just put directly in rock wool but if the cuts starts to droop I just put it in a cup of water. Within minutes it perks back up and after a few days I can put it back in rw without droopy anymore. Ive left cuts in a cup of water and they always bust roots, just gotta swap water every couple of days.

I stopped using cloning gels, trays etc, I only use a heating pad for winter.