#Heisenbeans Genetics

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Update on the Heisen tent.

2 of 3 Bridezillas have Hermied and throwing out balls. hopefully they dont return after removing.

Also the one BBC i have is still a bit mutant ish, hoping it doesnt hold that trate in the clone

View attachment 11439View attachment 11440
Had a couple of the testers i ran do it out of 30 odd plants , Pulled em off and never saw em again.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Not sure if I believe the whole plants go to sleep after 16 hours of light. I mean you can tell when a plant is sleeping versus still collecting light. A healthy happy plant will stay perked up all 18-20 hours the lights are on. Turn out the lights and the droop down. Plus I know healthy plants vegged in 20/4 grow faster than plants in 18/6. So Im a doubting Debby with that glr bs.

Like Amos asked, "if it really works best then why isn't everyone using it?" No one would run anything different if the glr was worth it. No one likes paying more in electricity than is needed.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Not sure if I believe the whole plants go to sleep after 16 hours of light. I mean you can tell when a plant is sleeping versus still collecting light. A healthy happy plant will stay perked up all 18-20 hours the lights are on. Turn out the lights and the droop down. Plus I know healthy plants vegged in 20/4 grow faster than plants in 18/6. So Im a doubting Debby with that glr bs.

Like Amos asked, "if it really works best then why isn't everyone using it?" No one would run anything different if the glr was worth it. No one likes paying more in electricity than is needed.
IME it just depends on light intensity... if you're blasting them with 1000 watts for 24 hours a day, there will be a period where they will droop a little and rest. But, say you put 200 watts over the same plants all day, and they will be reaching for it all day. Like there are only so many light particles(u know what I mean lol) they can take in each day. That's just how I always envisioned it in my mind, i'm probably way off😂

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
IME it just depends on light intensity... if you're blasting them with 1000 watts for 24 hours a day, there will be a period where they will droop a little and rest. But, say you put 200 watts over the same plants all day, and they will be reaching for it all day. Like there are only so many light particles(u know what I mean lol) they can take in each day. That's just how I always envisioned it in my mind, i'm probably way off😂
I've vegged under a 1,000w hps several times at 18/6 and typically healthy plants stay praying the whole time light is on, but any plants not at 100% might not stay praying.

The glr was brought into play to save resources, ie gas/oil, so farmers could save a few bucks. It was never about increasing yield. So as an indoor gardener who wants fast heavy yields, I say motherfunk a gas lantern routine. But it is a nifty way to be more efficient I reckon.

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
So as an indoor gardener who wants fast heavy yields, I say motherfunk a gas lantern routine. But it is a nifty way to be more efficient I reckon.
But aren't they saying that the plants flower earlier with no noticeable lack of yield? If so, you don't have to flip at week 4; veg 'til they're where you want them.

I hope more peeps w/ experience will chime in.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I've vegged under a 1,000w hps several times at 18/6 and typically healthy plants stay praying the whole time light is on, but any plants not at 100% might not stay praying.

The glr was brought into play to save resources, ie gas/oil, so farmers could save a few bucks. It was never about increasing yield. So as an indoor gardener who wants fast heavy yields, I say motherfunk a gas lantern routine. But it is a nifty way to be more efficient I reckon.
Yea, that was just my experience... i'm a newb so I can guarantee my plants weren't 100% lol

Prairiefarmer

Grower of mids
Man it’s exciting seeing some of H’s stuff “growing up”. Fuck, it seems just like yesterday they were just seeds. Lmao.
So true,what i was just thinking,proof for those naysayers.I get so jelly seeing others growing out heisens gear.I've had to sit on my for 6 weeks waiting for the flower tent to finish,and the next run to go to veg.But this week some are getting wet.. can't wait !! 😋

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
But aren't they saying that the plants flower earlier with no noticeable lack of yield? If so, you don't have to flip at week 4; veg 'til they're where you want them.

I hope more peeps w/ experience will chime in.
I over looked that tid bit.

I couldn't imagine it speeding things up more than a few days which over the course of a year, say like 6 flower cycles minus 3 or 4 days per cycle will only give you an extra 18-24 days which isn't enough to squeeze in an extra crop. I just don't see an advantage other than saving a little money on power cost or lowering temps a little.

When folks say the plants flower earlier I'm assuming they meant the plant starts forming buds at 1 week of 12/12 versus 2 weeks? Are we talking just seed runs or clone runs, because clones tend to start flower in a week or week and a half of 12/12 so a little quicker than the seed run.

I just don't see a plant under the glr yielding the same as a plant ran under a more traditional lighting schedule and every single grow I've seen on forums where the grower was using glr strengthens my assumption.

I remember @Torontoke had a thread years ago but I can't remember if he still uses the glr but I was not impressed with the overall growth under that light schedule.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I over looked that tid bit.

I couldn't imagine it speeding things up more than a few days which over the course of a year, say like 6 flower cycles minus 3 or 4 days per cycle will only give you an extra 18-24 days which isn't enough to squeeze in an extra crop. I just don't see an advantage other than saving a little money on power cost or lowering temps a little.

When folks say the plants flower earlier I'm assuming they meant the plant starts forming buds at 1 week of 12/12 versus 2 weeks? Are we talking just seed runs or clone runs, because clones tend to start flower in a week or week and a half of 12/12 so a little quicker than the seed run.

I just don't see a plant under the glr yielding the same as a plant ran under a more traditional lighting schedule and every single grow I've seen on forums where the grower was using glr strengthens my assumption.

I remember @Torontoke had a thread years ago but I can't remember if he still uses the glr but I was not impressed with the overall growth under that light schedule.
👍🏼

Last edited: