#Heisenbeans Genetics

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Has anyone ran a plant with just hps from start to finish?

I popped another gg4 heisen and set it inbetween my 4 ladies in flower under 1k hps and it seems to be taking off better then the 4 I had used a my veg light setup

I just moved it into this 3/4 of a gallon container and gave it a drink it was in a solo

I will keep moving it into larger mediums and eventually day before i flower move it into 5-7 gallon fabric and water only

Will hps only veg change anything? taste potency bud color ect?

I been growing a few strains a year for 5-6 years I am noob compared to you guys
my experience, the transplant and drink helped quite a bit. But the only difference I notice is a lil more stretch for plant as a whole, but not outrageous, 12/12 HPS from seed. I think I notice a bit of added time, but Im not ready to say for sure yet. 12/12 from seed for me seems to take almost 4 months. The standard 30/60 veg flower seemed to finish a week or two quicker. But keeping the light close and good airflow, not seein much of a diff in yield between MH and HPS in the 12/12 from seed scenario in my case. This time Im tryin a few less plants and a couple bigger containers, just to see what happens. My skeleton cookies did the same thing, bout two days after transplant, startin to look good, especially the topped one.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Is it under 12/12 from the get go? If so they will automatically be in reproduction mode from the onset. We all know how these plants stretch naturally when it comes time to reproduce.
No sorry if i made it confusing its getting 18 hours a day under hps

for 12 of those hours its sits in the middle of 4 plants i have in flower and then i remove the plants i have in flower (plants are carried or if to big i have dollies) into dark room and the little plant just chills there for few more hours

I have never tried 12/12 from seed maybe down the road so much to learn i have not even given 12/12 from seed any thought other then heard few times on forums but never read into it

I got one room with multi tents that lights always on 12/12 to 18/6 and anther that is just a central aired dark room

I also have just started to mess with autos and like them so i have made a closet in another small room into a 24/7 auto flower room with a 600w with panda plastic

BerryNice

Super Active Member
my experience, the transplant and drink helped quite a bit. But the only difference I notice is a lil more stretch for plant as a whole, but not outrageous, 12/12 HPS from seed. I think I notice a bit of added time, but Im not ready to say for sure yet. 12/12 from seed for me seems to take almost 4 months. The standard 30/60 veg flower seemed to finish a week or two quicker. But keeping the light close and good airflow, not seein much of a diff in yield between MH and HPS in the 12/12 from seed scenario in my case. This time Im tryin a few less plants and a couple bigger containers, just to see what happens. My skeleton cookies did the same thing, bout two days after transplant, startin to look good, especially the topped one.
I will deff look into 12/12 from seeds now i am kinda interested TY

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
No sorry if i made it confusing its getting 18 hours a day under hps

for 12 of those hours its sits in the middle of 4 plants i have in flower and then i remove the plants i have in flower (plants are carried or if to big i have dollies) into dark room and the little plant just chills there for few more hours

I have never tried 12/12 from seed maybe down the road so much to learn i have not even given 12/12 from seed any thought other then heard few times on forums but never read into it

I got one room with multi tents that lights always on 12/12 to 18/6 and anther that is just a central aired dark room

I also have just started to mess with autos and like them so i have made a closet in another small room into a 24/7 auto flower room with a 600w with panda plastic

Well if it is in the middle of several plants it's gonna stretch to try and receive as much light as it can. And with the hps it's receiving more red spectrum which will only tell the plant it's getting late.

Your MH bulb will help it stay shorter and closer nodes and get more branchier. I've grown with both bulbs and flowered with both bulbs and you will notice the small differences after a bit of experience. You can flower with MH just fine but won't get as much yield as hps.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Well if it is in the middle of several plants it's gonna stretch to try and receive as much light as it can. And with the hps it's receiving more red spectrum which will only tell the plant it's getting late.

Your MH bulb will help it stay shorter and closer nodes and get more branchier. I've grown with both bulbs and flowered with both bulbs and you will notice the small differences after a bit of experience. You can flower with MH just fine but won't get as much yield as hps.
I must have explained it bad

It is in the middle of 4 plants in 7 gallon fabrics that are in flower the small container fits perfectly inbetween the gap when they are stacked in a block of 4

I have it propped up by 1.5 foot to be at same canopy at the 4 in flower

There is less stretch and the vegative grow is so much better then my mars 250

my question was will i lose potency taste or will flowers color be different because im using hps for entire plant cycle

BerryNice

Super Active Member
If I take 2 clones from one of these heisen gg4 bubblegum cream pheno and do the following

Same brand soil medium and size with water only no nutes

Same veg time period just one with under a mars 250 the other under 1k hps

Then flipped into flower under same hps light until each are ripe

What variations or difference if any will i see in taste potency and looks of the flowers?

I understand hps cost more and creates more heat but those two facts I can work around

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
If I take 2 clones from one of these heisen gg4 bubblegum cream pheno and do the following

Same brand soil medium and size with water only no nutes

Same veg time period just one with under a mars 250 the other under 1k hps

Then flipped into flower under same hps light until each are ripe

What variations or difference if any will i see in taste potency and looks of the flowers?

I understand hps cost more and creates more heat but those two facts I can work around
How about make a thread somewhere and ask the same question.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
got compliments today on heisenghost. Cures out early to almost all ghost. Everybody talkin bout the legs. And that you can tell its good from the get go. Not a sleepy buzz, but good powerful energy and it has legs. lol
Maybe I let mine go too long or I smoke too much or its the best ive had in a while , but I smoke mine and my wife is like dude why are u driving slow, or why did u leave the milk on the counter, or did u lock the door?
I dono. My new shit is purdy good

I veg my plants under a 600 watt hps turned down to 450. I use the 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, and 5.5 off again method for 4 weeks. I top them for 4 colas each. When they go into the flower room the hardly stretch at all under a 11.5 on and 12.5 off method. Here they are after almost 1 week of flower. I used a flash this time and turned the hps off. The taller ones in back are the BBC and the ones up front are the Corey and ADUB. I know they will stretch a bit more but my plants flower faster and don't stretch as much over the first 3 weeks using my lighting method.

This first pic is the back half of a 4 x 4 tent.

Front right corner with a nice ADUB

Front let corner with an ADUB

Front middle with a very nice Corey.

Very beautiful plants thanks to Uncle H. The Coreys have major stem stink and every plant is healthy as fuck so far. I hope the Dyna-Gro has everything they need for the next 7 to 8 weeks. I'm so fucking psyched man :alien:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I veg my plants under a 600 watt hps turned down to 450. I use the 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, and 5.5 off again method for 4 weeks. I top them for 4 colas each. When they go into the flower room the hardly stretch at all under a 11.5 on and 12.5 off method. Here they are after almost 1 week of flower. I used a flash this time and turned the hps off. The taller ones in back are the BBC and the ones up front are the Corey and ADUB. I know they will stretch a bit more but my plants flower faster and don't stretch as much over the first 3 weeks using my lighting method.

This first pic is the back half of a 4 x 4 tent.

View attachment 11065

Front right corner with a nice ADUB
View attachment 11066

Front let corner with an ADUB
View attachment 11067

Front middle with a very nice Corey.
View attachment 11068

Very beautiful plants thanks to Uncle H. The Coreys have major stem stink and every plant is healthy as fuck so far. I hope the Dyna-Gro has everything they need for the next 7 to 8 weeks. I'm so fucking psyched man :alien:
Is that a newer schedule? Does it have a name?

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
Man, that's extraordinarily timely info. I've been planning to change flowering light schedules as new seedlings go into the rotation and hadn't given a thought to changing 18/6 veg time. That looks very worthwhile to consider.

*** That ~gu guy gets a lot of crap tossed his way, deserved or not. I apologize for misreading your joke a few posts back.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Can anyone here point me in the right direction as far as how many BTUs of air conditioning you need per every 1000 watts of quantum boards?

I know that for HID lighting you are supposed to have around 6,000 BTUs for every 1000 watts of light.

I will be building out a 600 square foot space in a couple of months, and I want to make sure I have enough AC from the very beginning.

I would really appreciate any help!
I would not think you would have a huge temp gain with quantum boards. Completely different animal compared to a HID on heat. I have 560 watts in a 4x4 and hardly any gain with the duct fan running.

Thanks guys :alien:

Yes Terpy it's what Cob said. Gas lantern routine. I've been growing like this for 5 years now. I can get a 10 week plant to finish completely in 9 and a 9 weeker to finish a bit over 8. I accomplish this by lowering the light cycle in flowering by 30 minutes every 2 weeks after the stretch. So I end up the last 2 weeks with a 10 on and 14 off cycle. If the plant normally finishes in 9 weeks or less I don't change the light cycle.

@ Amos Otis, give it a shot. It saves a bit of electric over the month. If they grow too slow for you then you can always go back to what you had. There was a good write up on RIU a long time ago about how many "USEFUL" hours a plant will take in light. Anything over 16 hours of light was proved to be "wasted" light. They proved that plants basically "fell asleep" with the light on and didn't generate any new growth.

The only time I do more than 16 hours of light is when they are fresh from seed. I go 20/4 for 2 weeks to keep the stems nice and short and then change to my Gaslight cycle after that.

I'll post updated pics next week to show how much stretch they do (or don't) :)

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
Thanks guys :alien:

Yes Terpy it's what Cob said. Gas lantern routine. I've been growing like this for 5 years now. I can get a 10 week plant to finish completely in 9 and a 9 weeker to finish a bit over 8. I accomplish this by lowering the light cycle in flowering by 30 minutes every 2 weeks after the stretch. So I end up the last 2 weeks with a 10 on and 14 off cycle.
I've done that in bloom with plants that looked like they were gonna take forever to finish. Can't say that it helped, and can't say that it didn't, since I'll never run a long finisher a 2nd time.

Gas Lantern Routine.Works very nice as Hotwired stated to kick girls into flower quicker by removing the 1 hour on in the middle of the night cycle.
Nice garden and canopy @Hotwired
Man, it just feels too easy. Why hasn't this become well known? Also, why hasn't this become everyone's go to method? This makes so much sense if there's no major drawbacks.