#Heisenbeans Genetics

D

Deleted member 60

Had this deal come up a week ago before I hit Strainly's with my PAYPAL....

This is exactly what I was talkin' 'bout but kinda got shot down for sayin' it...like it just can't be/happen/exist as such? BS. It can be done. You find a few good folks you can trust....real "friends and family".....and you let them take the PP payments as "friends and family" so it isn't linked to seed sales...and you rock the fuck out of it with old fucks like me who have pension$ and get monthly checks from Uncle Seed....'er...Sam. Rotate who gets the cash/etc/.

Same with sends. While there's always risk...having someone remote/nowhere near your shit is the safest way to play. Like Cannarado....based in CO...but the seeds aren't shipped from here....and the payments go elsewhere as well.

Elon needs to get on board or we'll have to blow up another rocket....heeehheee.....

D

Deleted member 2835

Had this deal come up a week ago before I hit Strainly's with my PAYPAL....

This is exactly what I was talkin' 'bout but kinda got shot down for sayin' it...like it just can't be/happen/exist as such? BS. It can be done. You find a few good folks you can trust....real "friends and family".....and you let them take the PP payments as "friends and family" so it isn't linked to seed sales...and you rock the fuck out of it with old fucks like me who have pension$ and get monthly checks from Uncle Seed....'er...Sam. Rotate who gets the cash/etc/.

Same with sends. While there's always risk...having someone remote/nowhere near your shit is the safest way to play. Like Cannarado....based in CO...but the seeds aren't shipped from here....and the payments go elsewhere as well.

Elon needs to get on board or we'll have to blow up another rocket....heeehheee.....
Then they get fucked into paying taxes for your shit.

D

Deleted member 60

Hmmmmm. Taxes on what? I blow the fuck out of my Paypal @ times...in and out...hocking CBD salve to friends/family/extended folks from there....and spending the proceeds on seeds/fun/etc. Huh? Money in...money out. What am I missing here? These are private bank-to-bank transactions. Fees might be in the mix...but fuck...fees are just a part of life.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Dagga uses some system where you place an order on the site, then they E-mail you an invoice you can pay with a debit card. I have bought so much "custom soil blend" the autorities would think I'm trying to build a dam or something. But then in the order notes it'll mention what you bought so there's no confusion.
thanks @H.A.F. things a lot of us don't know about!
Ditto. One of the best deals on some reputable genetics I've seen.
same with me i was a few days late on the plate of beans Hisen put up !
Damn I wish I I had the extra cash
u and me both wkiller!

D

Deleted member 2835

Hmmmmm. Taxes on what? I blow the fuck out of my Paypal @ times...in and out...hocking CBD salve to friends/family/extended folks from there....and spending the proceeds on seeds/fun/etc. Huh? Money in...money out. What am I missing here? These are private bank-to-bank transactions. Fees might be in the mix...but fuck...fees are just a part of life.
Pretty sure the IRS doesn't give a fuck it's income.Screenshot_20231119_124346_Chrome.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Pretty sure the IRS doesn't give a fuck it's income.View attachment 132450
Sending a payment as “goods and services” is tracked differently than payments sent as “friends and family” but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the IRS doesn’t know about those transactions, too. When you send a payment as “friends and family” it’s supposed to be treated as you just giving friends or family a gift. Thats why PayPal won’t provide you with any help if you use that payment option to buy something and the vendor fucks you over.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sending a payment as “goods and services” is tracked differently than payments sent as “friends and family” but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the IRS doesn’t know about those transactions, too. When you send a payment as “friends and family” it’s supposed to be treated as you just giving friends or family a gift. Thats why PayPal won’t provide you with any help if you use that payment option to buy something and the vendor fucks you over.
Like weed-crimes now, they are usually gonna be an add-on charge to a real crime. The IRS hasn't got the time or inclination to audit almost half a billion people. But piss off one vendor that has a lawyer on retainer and the IRS stuff is all there for the asking. It's why they built those big data farms for storing pretty much everything.

Is the IRS gonna investigate Sticky? Nope. But that customer/vendor with a grudge and his lawyers sure will - then the IRS cares too.

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman
1700440518843.png

So its a rather new rule (2023) that $600 is the limit now.

It used to be 200 transactions or more than $20,000 (which ever comes first). They definitely changed this rule with all the ecommerce businesses and online side hustles that were "slipping through the cracks".

Definitely think its insane for the IRS to be pinching pennies. It's a shame for smaller businesses who usually already run on tight budgets. Now I have NO idea how this works in regards to Cannabis that isnt even Federally Recognized or taxable. I am sure the IRS still wants their money, but can you argue that it should only be state/county that should receive since they are the only entities that recognize its legitimacy as a business?

Not a lawyer, just a curious person at heart haha.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 132455

So its a rather new rule (2023) that $600 is the limit now.

It used to be 200 transactions or more than $20,000 (which ever comes first). They definitely changed this rule with all the ecommerce businesses and online side hustles that were "slipping through the cracks".

Definitely think its insane for the IRS to be pinching pennies. It's a same for smaller businesses who usually already run on tight budgets. Now I have NO idea how this works in regards to Cannabis that isnt even Federally Recognized or taxable. I am sure the IRS still wants their money, but can you argue that it should only be state/county that should receive since they are the only entities that recognize its legitimacy as a business?

We are required by law to pay taxes in all income even if that income is made by illegally selling drugs. They always tack on tax evasion when they bust huge players in illegal trade.

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman
Yeah that's a good point. I just wish it was a worthy argument that if they can identify something as taxable. you then you should get tax benefits. If its taxed, treat it like a tax. I know there is no justice in regards to IRS/Fed... Just amazing.

D

Deleted member 60

Now I have NO idea how this works in regards to Cannabis that isnt even Federally Recognized or taxable. I am sure the IRS still wants their money, but can you argue that it should only be state/county that should receive since they are the only entities that recognize its legitimacy as a business?

kinda funny story...

Here in CO.... in 2010 when the MMJ dispensaries came online there weren't any laws in place to address any of it. The Med law had the word "dispense" in it...and that opened to door for folks to open stores...though it took almost a decade for things to quiet down and folks to feel safe enough to play. In my county...5 stores opened. A friend worked at the county in the Tax Accessor's office and she said that the County had no clue they were open until their first tax payment came in. Talk about scrambling to figure shit out...LOL. I got to know most of 'em (LOL)...and 2 of the guys who opened one of the shops I vended to the most were both Felons for weed sales. They met in prison. LOL. Once the regs came into play the State created...the rule said that Felons couldn't own stores...they merely signed the business over to one the guy's GF and just kept right on rolling.

And yes...you'd pay the Fed....whether they say it's legal or not...cus that is the shit that will fuck ya as a business. It's likely they wouldn't even know what "High Country Wellness" is....but they might if you called it "Bob's Medical Weed Pharmacy". They just want their cut...like the State does.

D

Deleted member 2835

We are required by law to pay taxes in all income even if that income is made by illegally selling drugs. They always tack on tax evasion when they bust huge players in illegal trade.
Pretty sure the fed taxes marijuana business at the highest tax bracket and its at least 30%.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pretty sure the fed taxes marijuana business at the highest tax bracket and its at least 30%.
That makes no sense. There are no federal cannabis tax laws. You are taxed as a small business or a large business based on employee count and stuff like that, and you and your employees are supposed to pay income tax. As an employer you collect FICA and Medicare or whatever else is required by law - which is then given to the IRS to dole back to the peasants that file the right paperwork.

Any "cannabis tax" laws are coming from your state and local governments. And they mainly are to support social justice reforms that buy them votes, so they charge as much as they can and the sheeple vote "yes" because it says "cannabis" on the bill - and the taxes are "for the children" :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 60

LOL...I'm a second late but gonna post anyway...

I'm no accountant nor expert on this shit...but what I gather from knowing folks and my son's 4 years work experience in a dispensary/resulting friendship with the owners...is that what is truly different from other businesses to cannabis businesses are what the Gov't will allow you to claim as EXPENSES and write off/etc. Remember...it's an all cash business due to the banking/CC regs/restrictions/etc. I personaly think they keep it that way so they can put as much pressure on the shops as possible...cus their hands are tied elsewhere...but either way...all of it makes for more scrutiny and less allowances than most other businesses take advantage of.