Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I’ve never had PM in my tent so far *knock on wood* but the humid weather we’ve had over the last two weeks has had me worried and constantly checking my plants. Everyone I know who’s had it really seems to have a difficult time getting rid of it until the grow is finished and they sanitize everything in their grow rooms.

BTW, I may have missed where you mentioned it, but where did you get the Cherry Wine? I got some Cherry Wine seeds from GPS but they have all had really slow germination times and every one I’ve popped has been a male. I’ve really wanted to grow some out because I buy Cherry Wine flower to mix in with my weed to help with anxiety issues I have. I’d also like to hear your opinion on how it is to grow.
It really doesn't have much to do with humid weather. There's a lot of humid weather out there. That's the macro climate. PM can start if two leaves are overlapped creating a conducive micro climate. Stuff is way on the dry side here and I still got it.

What Causes Powdery Mildew?

Two things need to happen for powdery mildew to develop:

• Erysiphales spores need to attach to plant surfaces, such as leaves and stems.
  • The temperature range needs to be between 50 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit (10 to 18 degrees Celsius), with a humidity level below 50 percent.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
ive never had PM issues before either. And I’ve also never done a summer grow. I was hesitant to do this one but I had so many plants in my veg tent I had to get rid of some so I decided to flower them out. I should have listened to my gut and just threw out the plants I did t want.

I got a cut of the Cherry Wine from Turpman not too long ago. I only have it in veg right now and I’ve taken seven clones. They have roots after Eight days. They are very vigorous growers.

I’m excited to flower these out because I take CBD for my neck arthritis and that shit ain’t cheap!
Are you in the US? I buy CBD flower from a place in VT (Berkshire CBD) and their flower is pretty resonably priced, especially if you buy half an ounce or more at a time. They ship very quickly too...I'm only 1 state away from them but I've received some of my orders in two days.

The males I had grew extremely fast and were dropping pollen at about 1 month from breaking soil. This was one of the males at 36 days from breaking soil.
1B040DFF-8E56-4D62-9D55-3A752B6E10E9.jpeg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It really doesn't have much to do with humid weather. There's a lot of humid weather out there. That's the macro climate. PM can start if two leaves are overlapped creating a conducive micro climate. Stuff is way on the dry side here and I still got it.

What Causes Powdery Mildew?

Two things need to happen for powdery mildew to develop:

• Erysiphales spores need to attach to plant surfaces, such as leaves and stems.
  • The temperature range needs to be between 50 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit (10 to 18 degrees Celsius), with a humidity level below 50 percent.
Thanks for the link! I've ready that rapidly changing RH can cause it, too, is that true? I grow all my girls nice and bushy, but I also keep my flow through the tent high, and I have fans blowing across the canopy as well as blowing up from the floor and though the canopy 24/7.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Thanks for the link! I've ready that rapidly changing RH can cause it, too, is that true? I grow all my girls nice and bushy, but I also keep my flow through the tent high, and I have fans blowing across the canopy as well as blowing up from the floor and though the canopy 24/7.
I think that's part of the micro climate thing and is true. I had 3 fans, big exhaust on short run, nothing but my own clones, my tents are dry as hell, but where I fucked up was getting greedy as in too many plants, too close and bang I'm screwed.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Are you in the US? I buy CBD flower from a place in VT (Berkshire CBD) and their flower is pretty resonably priced, especially if you buy half an ounce or more at a time. They ship very quickly too...I'm only 1 state away from them but I've received some of my orders in two days.

The males I had grew extremely fast and were dropping pollen at about 1 month from breaking soil. This was one of the males at 36 days from breaking soil.
View attachment 62337
No I’m in Canada. 40ml of 25:1 CBD oil is $90 from one of the LP’s (Licensed Producers). That 40ml lasts me about a month. I figure I could get six months supply out of an ounce of flower

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No I’m in Canada. 40ml of 25:1 CBD oil is $90 from one of the LP’s (Licensed Producers). That 40ml lasts me about a month. I figure I could get six months supply out of an ounce of flower
If you get your CBD plant going, imagine the oil you could get from iso-washing an entire plant! And think about your homegrown smoke compared to the dispensary offerings. Should be much better.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I have friends that run a potato tissue cuture operation and first crop for seed. They use an online map to check airborn for pathogens. May be from a government sight. I don't know if they use it to treat before it can happen or what. But it's a sesonal thing and the more humidity out the higher the load.

Basements can run quite humid at times and get mold active and sending out spores. Then dry out and it becomes dormant. A increase in humidity can make it active again. Even if the air measures dry there could be a cold wall that is attracting moisture making a wet zone to get the mold going again. Just some ideas to think about.
I hate running a Dehumidifyer they seem to be always running burning power.
But in your case it may help. You could try to get your basement RH down into 40s. Vent from the flower tent to the veg tent then out or Y from each to your fan and out.

I had to shut off my Dehumidifyer in my flower room. Because my braker wasn't handling both it and my AC. Now I'm just venting and cooling when needed.
Hovering around 60 too high but it's going to have to do for now. Had one case of bud rot on a CnC. Rest are looking ok. Going to have to run new wiring so I can run the dhy for next round.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Glad you like it! Bushy!

That’s quite a haircut!

I’ll post some pics of my flower tent after I defoliated combating PM.
As promised here is my flower tent just after lights on tonight. I noticed quite a few of the buds have hairs that are browning and I’m only at day 31 of 12/12. I fucking hope they are not seeded. I haven’t noticed any nanners, but I also haven’t been looking that close. Maybe it’s from spraying them with the H202 mix combating the powdery mildew?

363BB49A-AADA-4F2C-87DA-B36B462357E5.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It’s a sad day for Old Stoner....

My flower tent succumbed to the PM and is now in the trash. I guess I let it go too long between H202 treatments.

When I started growing again, I told my self I wouldn’t grow in the summer to give myself a break and to be able to focus on other things.

I should have done that. Lesson learned.

Now I’m going to go have a shower then mix up some H202 solution and spray the little ones in the veg tent. Hopefully they can make it through the summer. I might even just trash them and just pop beans Rather than cloning.

We’ll see.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime

My flower tent succumbed to the PM and is now in the trash. I guess I let it go too long between H202 treatments.

When I started growing again, I told my self I wouldn’t grow in the summer to give myself a break and to be able to focus on other things.

Now I’m going to go have a shower then mix up some H202 solution and spray the little ones in the veg tent. Hopefully they can make it through the summer. I might even just trash them and just pop beans Rather than cloning.

We’ll see.
Dam. Sorry to hear that. Hope things turn around for u on ur grows.. I no what its like to loose it all but dont let it bum u out bro..

Luckily the only pm issues ive ever had was a little bit on some outdoor plants yrs ago. It gets hot n humid here too in summers.
Wish u all the best brother! ✌

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL

We’ll see.
It sucks. I'm fighting it and that sucks too. And that's what it is, a fight. I'm close to shutting the lights off for the summer in that tent but more than once I have wondered if I woulda been better shutting the tent right in the beginning of the problem. My veg and clone area are different locations and not affected thankfully.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It sucks. I'm fighting it and that sucks too. And that's what it is, a fight. I'm close to shutting the lights off for the summer in that tent but more than once I have wondered if I woulda been better shutting the tent right in the beginning of the problem. My veg and clone area are different locations and not affected thankfully.
I had too many plants in there and I don’t have the time to be spraying them down thoroughly every three days.

I’m not sure if it will make any difference to sanitize everything because from what I’ve read, those spores are everywhere all the time - not something you can clean away. Still, I’ll wipe everything down as best I can and I’ll pop some beans around September first. The humidity should be quite a bit lower by then.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Well Fuck Me! I’m so tired of spraying 35 little plants every theee days or so only to have the PM come back.

I’m trashing all my bonsai mothers.

I’m just going to pop seeds from now on and no grows during the summer.

After all the plants are gone, I’ll wipe everything down really well with a peroxide solution and wash all my trays, tools and what not.

The least I can say is it was a learning experience.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer

We’ll see.
Every now and then something comes along and fucks it all up. But like a phoenix you will have something better rise from the ashes of what was.

New AND IMPROVED !

PM sucks....gnats suck too. I am chasing the later at the moment but i have had my share of the PM. Pythium is another prick too. Always some damned thing happening when the extreme shifts come (summer...winter)...

Its brutal but.....Gov Weed is like 10 to 14 dollars a gram or something stupid...so...you can do it man !!!

1 doob for 14 dollars...a doob smaller than a dog walker. Thieving bastoogies.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Well Fuck Me! I’m so tired of spraying 35 little plants every theee days or so only to have the PM come back.

I’m trashing all my bonsai mothers.

I’m just going to pop seeds from now on and no grows during the summer.

After all the plants are gone, I’ll wipe everything down really well with a peroxide solution and wash all my trays, tools and what not.

The least I can say is it was a learning experience.
I’ve been seeing a lot of PM in my veggie garden and I’m just hoping it doesn’t make it into my tent. I can deal with losing the two plants I have growing outside, of they get it, but I’ll be bummed if my tents get contaminated. BTW, that “Grow yer own stone” book is hard to find now. I’ve never seen it with that artwork on the cover, though, but I love that artwork. I wish I could find that in a framed print for the grow room.