Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If you can get the kinks out of the hose for the passive intake you might get enough extra air flow to bring it down.

I have 3 passive air flow tents and messing with a variation of 4 inch and 6 inch duct pipes and making them as short and straight as possible made a big difference (10% RH difference).

And i had one too dry and one too humid and it created balance.

But i have a dehuey at the final destination of the air flow or it wouldnt work at all.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you can get the kinks out of the hose for the passive intake you might get enough extra air flow to bring it down.

I have 3 passive air flow tents and messing with a variation of 4 inch and 6 inch duct pipes and making them as short and straight as possible made a big difference (10% RH difference).

But i have a dehuey at the final destination of the air flow or it wouldnt work at all.
All I did was put my exhaust on the timer, and the oscillating fan is not. Moves air 24/7.
If the air gets humid (not usually here) then I'll stick the exhaust on the 24/7 too.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
gwheels said:

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. The flower tent has no passive intakes on a duct - it is simply ventilated by opening the ports at the bottom of the tent.

The veg tent is being passively exhausted with the duct leading to the filter on the flower tent. The “loop” in that duct is to prevent light from getting to the flower tent when it’s lights out but the veg tent is still lights on.

I have a powerful little fan that I may install in the veg tent to actively force air out and into the flower tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think you are missing my point. If by 'passive' you mean that you have oscillating fans blowing mostly the same air around, and there are just vents open to 'let air in", and the ducts are basically the same thing - there's your mildew.

If nothing else put a small powerful fan on the end of all the ductwork, and backwards so it is sucking air from both tents instead of forcing it through.

The vents at the top are there because heat (moisture) rises. the lower vents are intake. You need to pull air from the top of the tents, and have fresh air 'sucked' in through the lower vents.

This is just my diagnosis - use it or part of it as you wish - no hurt feelings if you don't. 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Heat rises in the room outside as well, so pulling fresh air from the floor is going to be better as well

think stop-drop&roll the good air is down there :)

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I think you are missing my point. If by 'passive' you mean that you have oscillating fans blowing mostly the same air around, and there are just vents open to 'let air in", and the ducts are basically the same thing - there's your mildew.

If nothing else put a small powerful fan on the end of all the ductwork, and backwards so it is sucking air from both tents instead of forcing it through.

The vents at the top are there because heat (moisture) rises. the lower vents are intake. You need to pull air from the top of the tents, and have fresh air 'sucked' in through the lower vents.

This is just my diagnosis - use it or part of it as you wish - no hurt feelings if you don't. 😁
You made a point prior to your post I quoted above?

I’m not an idiot. I know heat rises and cold sinks, and the difference between circulation and ventilation.

I used “passively exhausted” because that’s exactly what was set up - the exhaust duct from the veg tent leads to and terminates next to the filter in the flower tent and any vacuum created by the exhaust fan in the flower tent passively draws away from the veg tent. Comprende?

I’ve since added a fan to the top of the veg tent to ACTIVELY exhaust (Ventilate) air from the veg tent, but it is no longer connected to the flower tent since I was concerned that the extra air flow might draw PM spores fro veg to flower. FYI, I also have two circulation fans in the veg tent.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado

I’m not an idiot. I know heat rises and cold sinks, and the difference between circulation and ventilation.

I used “passively exhausted” because that’s exactly what was set up - the exhaust duct from the veg tent leads to and terminates next to the filter in the flower tent and any vacuum created by the exhaust fan in the flower tent passively draws away from the veg tent. Comprende?

I’ve since added a fan to the top of the veg tent to ACTIVELY exhaust (Ventilate) air from the veg tent, but it is no longer connected to the flower tent since I was concerned that the extra air flow might draw PM spores fro veg to flower. FYI, I also have two circulation fans in the veg tent.
I gotta similar set up going now15920915040608580380969516391635.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

Wasn't calling you anything - the plants look great and it would suck to lose them. And good call separating the tents. whether it's PM, bugs, pollen from a male or herm that you haven't culled, whatever. tent-to-tent air is bad.

If you had a "Y" with dampers, you could still suck from both with one fan though, if that was your goal.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
[QUOTE="H.A.F., post: 108866, member: 467"

If you had a "Y" with dampers, you could still suck from both with one fan though, if that was your goal.
[/QUOTE]

I may end up trying that if the fan I added to actively ventilate the veg tent doesn’t solve things.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
What if you passively exhaust into the bottom of your larger tent and close some lower vents? Might get more suction.

It’s still nice to filter the veg air, it doesn’t stank but it has a smell.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So this sucks super hard - tonight while watering the flower tent, I spotted powdery fucking mildew. Fuck. Took a good look through and the shit seems to be in there a lot. FML.

I think I’ll take them out, defoliate again (defoliated ten days ago) and maybe give them a peroxide spray.

I feel sick to my stomach.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’ve never had PM in my tent so far *knock on wood* but the humid weather we’ve had over the last two weeks has had me worried and constantly checking my plants. Everyone I know who’s had it really seems to have a difficult time getting rid of it until the grow is finished and they sanitize everything in their grow rooms.

BTW, I may have missed where you mentioned it, but where did you get the Cherry Wine? I got some Cherry Wine seeds from GPS but they have all had really slow germination times and every one I’ve popped has been a male. I’ve really wanted to grow some out because I buy Cherry Wine flower to mix in with my weed to help with anxiety issues I have. I’d also like to hear your opinion on how it is to grow.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
So this sucks super hard - tonight while watering the flower tent, I spotted powdery fucking mildew. Fuck. Took a good look through and the shit seems to be in there a lot. FML.

I think I’ll take them out, defoliate again (defoliated ten days ago) and maybe give them a peroxide spray.

I feel sick to my stomach.
It's alright, at least you are all in the same time frame in one tent. Multiple time frames is even worse. Just fight it to the finish.
1/4 teaspoon of epsom salts and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to a quart
follow with peroxide 4 teaspoon to a quart
Pick any bad leaves prior to spraying.
I spray good every 2-3 days, keep plucking you'll get there.
Trim then wash your bud in peroxide bath 2 oz to the gallon.
Toss all the trim out.

It's systemic so toss your dirt when done.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’ve never had PM in my tent so far *knock on wood* but the humid weather we’ve had over the last two weeks has had me worried and constantly checking my plants. Everyone I know who’s had it really seems to have a difficult time getting rid of it until the grow is finished and they sanitize everything in their grow rooms.

BTW, I may have missed where you mentioned it, but where did you get the Cherry Wine? I got some Cherry Wine seeds from GPS but they have all had really slow germination times and every one I’ve popped has been a male. I’ve really wanted to grow some out because I buy Cherry Wine flower to mix in with my weed to help with anxiety issues I have. I’d also like to hear your opinion on how it is to grow.
ive never had PM issues before either. And I’ve also never done a summer grow. I was hesitant to do this one but I had so many plants in my veg tent I had to get rid of some so I decided to flower them out. I should have listened to my gut and just threw out the plants I did t want.

I got a cut of the Cherry Wine from Turpman not too long ago. I only have it in veg right now and I’ve taken seven clones. They have roots after Eight days. They are very vigorous growers.

I’m excited to flower these out because I take CBD for my neck arthritis and that shit ain’t cheap!